Thanks in advance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks in advance

I'd appreciate all feedback/constructive criticism. This is my 2nd attempt this year to make something that looked half way professional. Give it to me straight. I can handle it. www.knoxcentralvac.com

Re: Thanks in advance

LOL....you really should lighten up on yourself!

Yoou have selected a nice combination of colors, thematic layout, and presented a tight cognizant navigation......now all you need to do is tweak the fine touches and you'll get to exactly where you want to be.

A couple of pointers?

- Whenever you use "rounded rectangle" shapes with or without a border, you need to carefully select the colors to minimize the contrast, which tends to be distractingly obvious and drawing our eyes to the "frazzle" that is inherent with this or other rounded shape edges.... since you have also chosen to use/insert rectangle shapes inside this "page" our eyes are again conflicting with the non-complimentary design continuity: I would think you would be better off going rectangle throughout, and possibly musting some of the colors to better compliment the overall visual construct.

- I think you might find some other, more suitable navigation buttons in Blue Voda that would end the background bleed you can see, as well as better "fit" the dominant shapes (again, either go all rounded or all rectangle). Also, you may want to experiment with rollover effects...

- Try your hand using the Blue Voda LogoMaker....you will surprise yourself at how easy it is to snazz up your header.

and so on.... I think that is enough to think about for now.....I'll leave some room for others.

Overall, Great Job!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks Vasili. I will try out your suggestions. I'm not sure what "roll over" effects are, but everything else makes sense.

Comment

Hey Southbound

Site is looking good but it is a bit confusing upon entry.

Is the site primarily for Vacuums or is it for Direct TV?

I would consider having one or the other as your home page and maybe link through to Direct TV under other appliances.

Do you want to be ranked in Search Engines under Vacuums or Direct TV? This may help you decide what is best for your homepage. Keep up the hard work.
        Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

hi you are off to a great start and had some excellent comments from other vodians ... lol ... most of your links open in a seperate window. I find this frustrating unless I am going to be taken away from the website I am currently viewing .... keep up the good work
          kym, merlin & tala
          creating white majick
          www.whiteshepherds.com.au
          www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
          www.merlinsmajick.com
          www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Thanks for the encouraging comments. I continue to to refine and put your comments to use. Re:
            most of your links open in a seperate window
            It was intended to be a strategy to keep me on the task bar.

Comment

Working...
            X