• Show
Clear All

• need some feedback!

I there,

Just finish my website.
    what do you think about it???

www.bahamasdecor.net

Re: need some feedback!

Hi, off to a good start. You need to optimize your images through out the site. Some pages are taking about 20 odd seconds to load. The light box is for the occasional image & is really slowing the pages down. 25secs on this one http://www.bahamasdecor.net/lighting_lamps.html
    Not sure for the expanding menu on the left as it would be less space having a normal menu that visitors can see at a glance/.
    You might find this link a bit cleaner for your maps http://www.aardvarkmap.net

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

thanks for your feed.
      what can i do to optimize the loading of the pages??
      almost all of the images are in jpeg file format, if i change them into gif would help???
      if not using the light box to display the images is there any other way of doing it without have to open the images one by one???

levm,

Comment

Hi, images are the biggest page problem. This is why most sites go for just thumbnails. By far the best and easiest way with out cost is to create nice quality 120px 10kb thumbnails linked to a 600x400px 60kb main pop up image. Will also give you a bit of room to get some text on the pages so the SE’s will be able to find you.
        Good thread for pop ups. LINK
        Good sites for image optimization. Link1
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
          Hi, images are the biggest page problem. This is why most sites go for just thumbnails. By far the best and easiest way with out cost is to create nice quality 120px 10kb thumbnails linked to a 600x400px 60kb main pop up image. Will also give you a bit of room to get some text on the pages so the SE’s will be able to find you.
          Good thread for pop ups. LINK
          Good sites for image optimization. Link1
          Thanks again,
          I am resizing all the images. hope it results.

levm

Comment

Levm, (or is it Matthew?)

Each of your marquees need to be tightened a bit, since they extend beyond your page edges, and the one at top-left is "under" you white line (simply bring to front). Also, you should adjust the height to best "center vertically" the text, and if needed, use the color sampler to perfectly match the background of the marquee to the underlaying area.....smoother look that way.

I would re-think the wasted navigation space, as hinted above. The area gained by using either a transparent nav spidering (instead of "making room" for the action) can be used to display pix or content using more space and less of a constricted layout.

Yes...solve the issue with how you want your catalog to work....and weave that solution with how best to prepare your initial images to present (load).

Good job!
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
              Levm, (or is it Matthew?)

Each of your marquees need to be tightened a bit, since they extend beyond your page edges, and the one at top-left is "under" you white line (simply bring to front). Also, you should adjust the height to best "center vertically" the text, and if needed, use the color sampler to perfectly match the background of the marquee to the underlaying area.....smoother look that way.

I would re-think the wasted navigation space, as hinted above. The area gained by using either a transparent nav spidering (instead of "making room" for the action) can be used to display pix or content using more space and less of a constricted layout.

Yes...solve the issue with how you want your catalog to work....and weave that solution with how best to prepare your initial images to present (load).

Good job!
              I Vasili,

I am levm (or Luis), i work with Matthew, and we are both doing the website.
              thanks for your tips!!!
              At this moment we are redoing all the pages with a smaller resolution 800X600, resizing all the images, and fix those small problems we have.
              But until we don't have all the pages redone we will leave the one that is working on the web.

thanks again for all your help and attention,
              levm

Comment

Feedback for Caring & Sharing Mission: http://www.candsmission.org

Hi there-

my site is live, though I still do the "finishing touches" on http://www.candsmission.org (C & S Mission). Please send me your feedback. Thanks
                http://www.webstarone.com Provides website solutions and marketing for the small business.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Listen to the above, they know there stuff....You are off to a great start from what I see.
                  Sharon Chajin

Comment

Working...
                  X