Is this site online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this site online?

I am a newbe is this online ? I am having trouble with pathways in the control panel ect thanks Dale

also trying to put a guestbook on it but it won't change the "online page" I need some direction please ty

Re: Is this site online?

yes.. the page is online, however you want to name your pages without spaces. Those % signs show up to resolve the space.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi, need to reduce the images. Gave up after a minute of loading.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
        yes.. the page is online, however you want to name your pages without spaces. Those % signs show up to resolve the space.

Karen
        ok thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
          Hi, need to reduce the images. Gave up after a minute of loading.
          reduce the images ok... I have a song playing I think that is the slow down thanks. I have "ADD" pathways are a problem, just trying thanks.

another thing if I add to the page do I need to delete it from the cpanel before uploading? I have lots of stupid questions sorry. I've watched the vids a few times thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post

Karen
            I went & deleted the % & such now I cannot get the page to open?

Comment

Now that you saved the pages without spaces and symbols, you have re-published the pages, right?

Don't forget to make changes to your navigation systems on every page also....
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by cutdeep46 View Post
                I am a newbe is this online ? I am having trouble with pathways in the control panel ect thanks Dale

also trying to put a guestbook on it but it won't change the "online page" I need some direction please ty
                this is the corrected url http://www.djsmin.com/Lordstableindex.html%20
                it still has the %20 on it I do not know how to alter it.
                I also have a guestbook on the pagemaker on my computer I upload it but it does not change online? do I need to send in a slip for this or something sorry I'm so slow gb

Comment

Originally posted by cutdeep46 View Post
                  this is the corrected url http://www.djsmin.com/Lordstableindex.html%20
                  it still has the %20 on it I do not know how to alter it.
                  I also have a guestbook on the pagemaker on my computer I upload it but it does not change online? do I need to send in a slip for this or something sorry I'm so slow gb
                  Depending on your confidence level, there are a few ways to go about cleaning this up, but I think I will stick to the simplest way of presenting the "logic" and the solution at the same time, so to create something of a foundational habit for you to use next time to apply to another issue that may pop up:

1) Be sure ALL of your pages are simply being saved and published using only the page titles (all in lower case, without spaces or symbols, and without any added extensions whatsover), in the proper sequence --- for example, the FIRST page of your website always needs to be saved and published as index ....nothing more, nothing less: when you see it as a link in your navigation which you can label as "home" or when you wish to return to your Main page via a text link, etc., it is seen as www.djsmin.com/index.html

2) To clean up any other instances of messed up titled pages or how they appear, you will need to get into your account and delete duplicated pages or overlapping navigation that is steering to pages that have not been re-named or re-published properly. Your need to FIRST make sure you have all your pages properly corrected titles and saved first, and then you will use Blue Voda FTP to connect to your account (under TOOLS in BV browser) >> and click on public_html/ to view contents of your main directory (in the right side pane) >> click once on each "page" file that you can spot is named incorrectly, and delete them one by one.

3) Open each previously saved page, and re-publish one at a time to "re-populate" your account directory ---- please be sure each page has the complete and "correct" version of your naqvigation system, otherwise it will not find the pages you want it to look for.

Honestly, this "logical loop" should take you easily through a few processes to demonstrate how each area relates as you solve your present issue, and may offer you a broader understanding of how the pieces fit together.

Comment

Hi,
                    you will really need to do something with those images, they are still loading very slow on my pc, like Chris above I gave up and you dont want that happening.
                    Well done so far.
                    Mike
                    Golfnut

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                      Depending on your confidence level, there are a few ways to go about cleaning this up, but I think I will stick to the simplest way of presenting the "logic" and the solution at the same time, so to create something of a foundational habit for you to use next time to apply to another issue that may pop up:

1) Be sure ALL of your pages are simply being saved and published using only the page titles (all in lower case, without spaces or symbols, and without any added extensions whatsover), in the proper sequence --- for example, the FIRST page of your website always needs to be saved and published as index ....nothing more, nothing less: when you see it as a link in your navigation which you can label as "home" or when you wish to return to your Main page via a text link, etc., it is seen as www.djsmin.com/index.html

2) To clean up any other instances of messed up titled pages or how they appear, you will need to get into your account and delete duplicated pages or overlapping navigation that is steering to pages that have not been re-named or re-published properly. Your need to FIRST make sure you have all your pages properly corrected titles and saved first, and then you will use Blue Voda FTP to connect to your account (under TOOLS in BV browser) >> and click on public_html/ to view contents of your main directory (in the right side pane) >> click once on each "page" file that you can spot is named incorrectly, and delete them one by one.

3) Open each previously saved page, and re-publish one at a time to "re-populate" your account directory ---- please be sure each page has the complete and "correct" version of your naqvigation system, otherwise it will not find the pages you want it to look for.

Honestly, this "logical loop" should take you easily through a few processes to demonstrate how each area relates as you solve your present issue, and may offer you a broader understanding of how the pieces fit together.
                      Hello thank you for your time. The url www.djsmin.com/index.html
                      opens the index page, I tried to install a guestbook & I put it on twice by accident, one is up under the top of the page how do I remove that?

I think the slow loading was because of the "cry out to Jesus" song I had installed on the page its 7 mb thats the slow down, I think I'll edit the song down to 2-3 mb & c if that works better. I appreciate your help,I am a slow learner of pathway things like this. thanks Dale

Comment

Originally posted by golfnut View Post
                        Hi,
                        you will really need to do something with those images, they are still loading very slow on my pc, like Chris above I gave up and you dont want that happening.
                        Well done so far.
                        Mike
                        Thanks for the info on pics I opened them in "paint" & resized em down from 250 + kb to 12-65 kb or there abouts.
                        I had opened them in the cpanel & saw the size of them was obnoxious thanks, Dale

Comment

Dale

Here are some observations..

I see some other problem with the images. You have resized them manually, and two things I see are a result of that - First, although they are smaller, they are still kb heavy. Secondly, a couple of them are distorted.
                          You would be better off to take them into pixresizer or a comparable program at their original size, and resizing them there to the size you want them to be on your site. You can also reduce the kbs in that program.

Also, the page itself is pretty wide, causing the need to side scroll to see it all. In general, in order to be viewed by the most possible viewers on the largest possible selection of screens, you should make your page no wider than 800 - 100 at most.

Your text on your home page is running out of the blue area ihn to where the pictures are and is unreadable, so you might consider shrinking the textbox to avoid that overlap.

There is some kind of pink box behind the first row of pictures that is mostly hidden and unreadable.

And then, of courser you already know there is an issue with your guestbook..

Good luck
                          Liz
                          www.sebastopolparty.com
                          www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Originally posted by larazovich View Post
                            Dale

Here are some observations..

I see some other problem with the images. You have resized them manually, and two things I see are a result of that - First, although they are smaller, they are still kb heavy. Secondly, a couple of them are distorted.
                            You would be better off to take them into pixresizer or a comparable program at their original size, and resizing them there to the size you want them to be on your site. You can also reduce the kbs in that program.

Also, the page itself is pretty wide, causing the need to side scroll to see it all. In general, in order to be viewed by the most possible viewers on the largest possible selection of screens, you should make your page no wider than 800 - 100 at most.

Your text on your home page is running out of the blue area ihn to where the pictures are and is unreadable, so you might consider shrinking the textbox to avoid that overlap.

There is some kind of pink box behind the first row of pictures that is mostly hidden and unreadable.

And then, of courser you already know there is an issue with your guestbook..

Good luck
                            hi ty for the info I am learning slow but sure, not too concerned with the pics clarity yet, as I am learning to resize ec cetra. I loaded the guestbook twice by accident how do I remove the doulbe that comes up behind the header? the dbl guestbook is the problem at the moment ty Dale

Comment

>> At this point, it would be best for you to un-install all instances of your Guestbooks.... that way you can focus on tidying up your site completely once it is free and unencumbered. * To uninstall, simply reverse the process, from the same location.
                              >> If as you say, your Guestbook is "under" a page item, then your need only click on that "page" (or object, if you used one as a page backdrop) and right-click > SEND TO BACK ... this way it will truly be under everything, exposing your Guestbook to be deleted.

Then, when your site is ready, simply re-install it with much more confidence and purpose!

Comment

Working...
                              X