• Show
Clear All

Re: Is this site online?

Originally posted by cutdeep46 View Post
    no there is only 1 saved page named index
    it was strange after I deleted the address book
    saved it
    published it
    there were 2 pic of the same ID the one on top was covering the bottom one about 60%
    I went back & deleted the pic, saved,then published & one pic still was there & still is it is the last pick on the bottom right. I dunno ..must be aliens.... i guess I can start over completly but i have no time at the moment...so I'll geterdone when i gettoit lol thank you for you diligence Dale
    Hello I tried again this morning as follows
    1. opened bv made some changes
    2. saved as index
    closed
    reopened bv & opened index
    published index
    & this is what came out www.djsmin.com/index.html
    it doubled up I think I need to reinstall bv
    as it is not saving properly. thanks Dale

Comment

Dale
      What will work for you is this:

Start from scratch.

First - rename all your images so that there are no spaces or upper case letters in the names.

Next - Rebuild a totally new page. Don't open the old page and change it - start new.

Place all your new images where you want them on the page - make it just as you want it to be.

Remember,
      do not use your old page or old images. Make this one new.

Once it is rebuilt, publish it as index, only index, not index.html

Reinstalling BV should not be necessary. If you feel you must go ahead, but that won't get rid of pages you have made.

Many times when you try and fix a problem it just gets more confusing. It is a lot simpler and more reliable, and much faster to just rebuild.

This should work for you.

Good Luck
      Liz
      www.sebastopolparty.com
      www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Originally posted by larazovich View Post
        Dale
        What will work for you is this:

Start from scratch.

First - rename all your images so that there are no spaces or upper case letters in the names.

Next - Rebuild a totally new page. Don't open the old page and change it - start new.

Place all your new images where you want them on the page - make it just as you want it to be.

Remember, do not use your old page or old images. Make this one new.

Once it is rebuilt, publish it as index, only index, not index.html

Reinstalling BV should not be necessary. If you feel you must go ahead, but that won't get rid of pages you have made.

Many times when you try and fix a problem it just gets more confusing. It is a lot simpler and more reliable, and much faster to just rebuild.

This should work for you.

Good Luck
        ok I'll do that, but it does not solve the problem of the dbling up & not saving properly .
        I should be able to open a page change it , save it , open it ,publish it , & have a mirror of what I have done, correct?
        the program is not working in that fashion & there will always be changes needed, I kind of thought that was the beauty of this program was to be able to add & subtract without a degree in computer technology lol
        anyways I will try again & again till it works! thanks Dale

Comment

Hi getting things ironed out here, I sent in a ticket this morning & then sent in a screen shot, said they had not seen such before. It was recomended to down load the ccleaner which I did I ran that & it cleaned out alot of old stuff that the other 2 cleaners I use missed.
          I started over again saving my work & checking as I go

www.djsmin.com/index.html

Question how do i get rid of the right side margin as you see it is out of balance ? Does one have to have that set at the git go ? I tried lowering the width down to 750 it didn't have any effect.?

thanks for your help guys & gals ! Dale

Comment

fixed the double problem....Next

Thanks for the directions we got the double thing fixed got ccleaner & it cleaned out the problem
            NEXT
            how do I get rid of the space to the right side of the page?

Next
            I have a subdomain I want to get started on also do I create a folder in the html folder of djsmin.com for that , yes i know I need to look at the video s again & I will thanks just a couple Questions I had thanks Dale

Comment

Re: fixed the double problem....Next

Originally posted by cutdeep46 View Post
              http://www.djsmin.com/index.html

Thanks for the directions we got the double thing fixed got ccleaner & it cleaned out the problem
              NEXT
              how do I get rid of the space to the right side of the page?

Next
              I have a subdomain I want to get started on also do I create a folder in the html folder of djsmin.com for that , yes i know I need to look at the video s again & I will thanks just a couple Questions I had thanks Dale
              First, you should make your site no wider than 800. Although there are many opinions about this, if you do this, the most possible people will be able to view it without side scrolling. As it stands now you are nearly 1200, and the whole page does not display without side scrolling.

Once you have done this:
              In the sitebuilder, go to View, then select Page Properties.
              Tick the box that says 'center in browser', and your page will be centered, with equal borders on both sides.

Another help is this:
              Again in the sitebuilder - go to Layout, then select Guide Settings.
              Here, tick the box that says Show Guide Borders, and set them at 800 width, and whatever length you like.

Then while you are building your site, build only within these borders which will now be visible for you in the sitebuilder only - they will not show on your published page.

Don't forget, always build your page snug to the very top and very left of your sitebuilding page.

Good Luck
              Liz
              www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

thanks for the response.

I chged it & did as you mentioned I did not reduce the background yet but:
                1. doing this reduces pics pretty small, seems like alot of wasted space on the online page? guess I need to experiment with it huh ? it was a full screen before other then the little bit of misalignment on the left side
                this is the 800 wide http://www.djsmin.com/index.html
                redoing is good practice anyway thanks Dale

Comment

Dale,
                  Although it was a full screen for you, it was really hard to read for those with a smaller monitor, or a monitor with less resolution than yours. You really want for the most possible people to be able to see your site easily.

The size of your pictures should never be adjusted by grabbing the corners and squishing or stretching. This causes the distortion visible in a couple of your images.

If you are concerned about the size of your images, you could create a slide show that would show them one at a time instead of all at once, and then you could show them bigger.

BV has a feature called banner rotator which can do this for you, or you can find a free slideshow maker at picturetrails

Have a look at either of the sites in my signature to see an example of one of the picture trails slide shows.

Hope this helps
                  Liz
                  www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

Working...
                  X