New site ready for critique, please take a look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New site ready for critique, please take a look

This is my 1st site. Please take a peak. All comments are appreciated.

www.chandagiftstudio.com

Thank you,
    m-ania

Re: New site ready for critique, please take a look

Looks impressive. I like the menuing and all. good work. Craigrhoff

Comment

Hi m,

Looks nice, a job well done. Considering the amount of navigation your pages contain, it will be hard to test them all, but one I found a dead end on was "shipping" from your "about us" page. I was interested in how you'd get a fresh cheesecake to me!

Keep up the good work,

Comment

Nice work, some suggestions:
        -Page titles appear to be exactly the same throughout. Be more descriptive and help SEO find your site.
        -If you can do away with horizontal scroll, opionions are divided as to page width 800 or 1024.
        -This page is not live http://www.chandagiftstudio.com/stpatrics.html check all your links, use the verify links tool in the BV menu.

Good luck
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Thank you all for kind words and your help!

Mwalsh62, I've corrected the link on about us page and added cheesecake info to the shipping page.
          Bill2006, I have to work on page and item description, that will take some time, but will be done. My page width is at 1000. I've checked how it looks on multiple computers and never had a scrolling issue. I tried changing width to 800 but even with page set to be centered, I had to scroll a lot. I think I'll have to swich it to 1024. I could not find the page you've mentioned, I'll have to check out the linkage tool in BV.

Thanx again, I know i still have a lot of work ahead of me. I really appreciate all the help.

m-ania

Comment

Very nice work, and tons of it I'll bet! Your hard work has paid off. Looks fabulous.
            Vicki

www.staceygoldendesigns.net

Comment

Thank you Vicki,

Yes it was a lot of work, it took me a few months and I have more to add. But that a little later.

m-ania
              Last edited by m-ania; 11-30-2007, 07:49 AM. Reason: misspelling

Comment

Hi, looking good, & looks like you have done a lot of work with this one. Ditto with Bill on the page width. What seems to be creating this problem is the top main menu. Its forcing the page to about 1500 wide. What should solve it is to go to your BV page & click on the top menu & bring the blue handles in to reduce its size. While your in that area of the page! Could also raze the pay pal image a little higher as it’s slightly over the top of your menu in fire fox.

Good luck.

Top menu html.
                <div id="bv_" style="position:absolute;left:335px;top:85px;width :1148px;height:19px;z-index:4" align="left">
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanx Chris,

I've changed the index (home) page for now, others will be changed ASAP. Moved the blue handles of main menu much closer. I've tried to raise the paypal image, but it doesn't took any different on my computer. If possible, please let me know if that improved your viewing of my site.

m-ania
                  www.chandagiftstudio.com

Comment

Hi, looks a lot better. Still a little side scroll on all pages with the exception of the Order & shipping/ F&Q’s pages. Theses 2 only have a tiny bit of scroll.

Good luck.
                    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Big thanks again Chris,

So far I was able to change the top menu. I'm glad that it helped.
                      I'll continue improving the rest of the site.

m-ania

Comment

Originally posted by m-ania View Post
                        Big thanks again Chris,

So far I was able to change the top menu. I'm glad that it helped.
                        I'll continue improving the rest of the site.

m-ania
                        if you go to this site, and enter your url, it shows that you have 9 broken links on your home page.
                        Click the words 'link check' on that page and it will show you which ones.
                        There is also a lot of other good info from this site; have a look. You can run each of your pages through it for a good check up, free.

good luck
                        Liz
                        www.sebastopolparty.com
                        www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Thank you Liz,

This helps a lot!!!
                          According to this report my site takes a while to load.
                          Can someone please let me know if it's easy to get into or not.

m-ania
                          www.chandagiftstudio.com

Comment

Hi!

Like your site. And you products look very appealing!

As for speed, I have a dial-up connection and loaded your home page in about 30sec which is good for me. However, your product pages took about 50 to 60 sec. Since you are focussing on the US (lots of broadband v little dial-up now?) I guess it may not be a problem, but if you can do something about the images it may be worthwhile?

In the "Order and Shipping Information" page, line 4, I think you mean "an" e-mail, not "and" e-mail.

One last thing. Purely personal view. I would not have put the link to Vodahost in your "Links" page. As a customer / user I would expect to see links to sites with associated products and / or useful information about the products, e.g info about chocolate manufacture, history etc.

Nice site though! Well done!

John
                            www.clanfootball.com - "connecting fans around the world"

Comment

Thanx a lot John,

I've corrected order and shipping page.
                              Good point about the link page, I'll have to find some good items for it.
                              I'll see what I can do about the pictures.

m-ania

Comment

Working...
                              X