Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW SITE for review - Professional and Soft Skills Development Training

Hey Peeps

I am new to this and have used BlueVoda to build my website. I am from South Africa and the citizens of this sunny country can be somewhat judgmental and critical so before I do decide to submit my site into the wild blue yonder I'd really like to get some ideas, reviews, comments and suggestions from my other fellow Vodahost users. :)

Take care and kind regards
    Chantelle

http://www.skillsforbusinessdevelopment.org

Re: NEW SITE for review - Professional and Soft Skills Development Training

Hi Chantelle,

Th first thing I notice is a lack of continuity when navigating your site. The pages "jump" to and fro, and up and down, due to not following a "template" design. You should try to place elements common to all your pages in the same position an all pages. On at least one page, your nav. bar decides to jump to the top.

That ought to keep you busy for awhile!

You're doing good, keep banging away,

Comment

Adding to above, you have certainly put a lot of effort into your venture:
      -Consider a more specific page title "about our training company - microsoft..." isn't enough. A better example could be "disatnt Learning and Presentation Skills..."
      -Too many template changes, keep visitors focused on you and your brand image, changing from red type to green andother font confuses all.
      -Keep your NavBar consistently placed, its part of your brand.
      -Reduce the horizontal scroll, this is very annoying and many visitors will just move on without looking through your site.
      -Might want to get rid of the olive color on the horizontal and vertical scroll bars, you don't have toc all attention to them
      -The Red Delicious logo and ***** seem to be frayed around the edges, use a paint tool software (Paint.Net is one and free) to fix this.
      -Clicking on Hospitality sends visitors to another site, change this to open in new window from Page Properties.

Good luck
      Bill
      www.blueearthtea.com
      www.ftaaconsulting.com
      www.iaval.com
      www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Excellent you guys ... I will start working on rectifying the areas of concern as soon as possible. It's great to get an outsider perspective of people in the know ;) ...

I may however be speaking to you pretty soon as there are a few things that you guys mentioned that I am not sure how to do (I am a blondie :) ) ...

PS .. how do I change my profile details on this forum?

Take care and regards
        Me
        Last edited by Kim-Ashleigh; 11-29-2007, 09:45 AM. Reason: asking another question

Comment

Hi again,

I was once a blond, but it seems I have misplaced my hair somewhere. I guess once a blond, always...I can't remember the rest of the phrase.

Anyway, click above on "Quick Links", "Edit Profile".

Comment

Working...
          X