• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tazmarlin
    Staff Sergeant

• Nov 2007

Your Views Please

I have just published my first homepage, www.ourdordogneholiday.co.uk for you guys to review but I have already hit a snag. The website published is the one that I am still creating in Soholaunch but I wanted to publish my homepage from the BV website that I have created. Can someone please tell me how to publish the BV website intead of the Soholaunch one?

Thanks,
    Linda
  • whiteshepherd
    Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

Re: Your Views Please

Originally posted by Tazmarlin View Post
    I have just published my first homepage, www.ourdordogneholiday.co.uk for you guys to review but I have already hit a snag. The website published is the one that I am still creating in Soholaunch but I wanted to publish my homepage from the BV website that I have created. Can someone please tell me how to publish the BV website intead of the Soholaunch one?

Thanks,

I had a look and I could see the home page for gassoulier? is this whatI should see?
    kym, merlin & tala
    creating white majick
    www.whiteshepherds.com.au
    www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
    www.merlinsmajick.com
    www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

• sandman0011
      Staff Sergeant

• Sep 2007

I love sexy fonts and a French Villa web site certainly deserves one but yours is very difficult on the eyes (even with glasses).

Try making the text bold or choosing a different font (but be careful because not everybody has all the fonts in their PC).

Now, when is the next availability?
      www.Premium-Commerce.com (Web Design)
      www.MedellinTravelGuide.com
      www.SouthFloridaForklifts.com

Comment

• alas
        Captain

• May 2006

Hi, I agree with the fonts issue.

I think your page is too big .

You need to give a lot more informations about your business.
        Ex. A map how to get there, prices, more pictures, what is available around the place like , what to see, etc...
        Regarding the design. I suggest you have a look of how other website in the same business they look like, just to have some ideas.
        Otherwise you can have a beatifull place, but viewers will not apreciate it.
        I am in the same business, I have an hotel, and if you like more advise just post, and you will see a lot of people ready to help you in this forum.
        Ciao
        Alas
        www.mediterraneotanzania.com

Comment

• Tazmarlin
          Staff Sergeant

• Nov 2007

Hi,

I have now amended my homepage taking into account the above suggestions. Could you please review it again for me & let me know if the size is O.K? With regards to Alas's suggestions, this is just my homepage & I will be having further pages for things to see/do & driving directions. My initial photo of my house is not very good but once we get a nice day here then I will take a better picture!!!

Thanks for your reviews,
          Linda

Comment

• alas
            Captain

• May 2006

Hi,
            the size is OK, you should center the page, on page properties check
            " center in browser ".
            About your menu button, some text are on top of the logo, and with the mouse over is BlueVoda the logo which shows up.
            It will look better if you do some touches there.
            Ciao
            Alas

Comment

• Andy128
              Major General

• Dec 2005

Tazmarlin-

The design is nice. Make sure to center the page. Your links are not working so comments on other pages not possible.

Keep up the good work.

Alithos,
              Soholaunch is good if you have many items to sell - like an electronics store or selling jewlery etc... Otherwise, BV webbuilder will work just fine with paypal or another cart type system.

Cheers-

Andy
              PHP- is a blast!

Comment

• Tazmarlin
                Staff Sergeant

• Nov 2007

Have now centered the page, changed the mouse over button but cannot seem to find how I can make the menu buttons longer so that my text is not over the flower, can you guys help? Am still toying with the idea to create a website in Soholaunch but as this is my first website I thought I would finish what I've started to try & get an understanding of the website building cencept!!!

BIG thanks for your reviews, all taken on board & should be able to publish my other pages today or tomorrow.

Thanks,
                Linda

Comment

• jenveux1
                  Corporal

• Mar 2006

Very good layout. Easy to navigate (well, when the pages go up, it will be. ;))

Keep up the good work.
                  sigpic

http://www.montrealinterdit.com
                  http://www.quick-tutorials.com
                  http://www.vipboudoir.com
                  http://www.gabrielle4u.com
                  http://www.connexionpilates.com
                  http://www.messageriecourrierexpress.com

Comment

• alas
                    Captain

• May 2006

Hi Linda,
                    About the menu navig. I do not think you can make them bigger. You have to reduce the text.
                    Why don't you go for a simple text as navigation, the guru are saying that google like it more.
                    Or if you like the menu but. look, you can create one.
                    Look at this web I have used the logo maker and add text on top of it, so I had achieve the two goals: www.advertising-dar.com
                    Ciao
                    Alas

Comment

• Tazmarlin
                      Staff Sergeant

• Nov 2007

Hi Alas,

I'm trying to create my own menu bar in logo maker but how do I then add the url behind them so that te logo then turns into a menu button?

Thanks,
                      Linda

Comment

• Tazmarlin
                        Staff Sergeant

• Nov 2007

Alas,

It's OK I've found another thread which has explained how to do it!!!
                        Linda

Comment

• Tazmarlin
                          Staff Sergeant

• Nov 2007

Hi Alas,

Sorry gonna pick your brains again.............I have created my own menu bar which includes an image that I have added. My question is, how can I get all my menu icons to line up on every page? As I have added a sunflower for each button, I have been trying to get them to line up exactly on every page but can't seem to do this as I cant use the gridlines as the buttons are on top of a template so I don't see the gridlines on it?

Thanks,
                          Linda

Comment

• alas
                            Captain

• May 2006

Hi Linda,
                            Easy:
                            1) Open Bluevoda with your index page.
                            2) Click on let say the first image of your menu bar, As soon you click you will see down the right side of the browser two small windows. The first (left) is the position in the page of your image : x & y, the second ( center) is the size of your image : w & h.
                            3) Now, if your images have the same size you can align them on the new page using the data you have of the position of the image.

You have not publish the new menu bar, so I can not really help you if I do not see it.
                            Have you seen my webs?
                            I create the first page, then I copy the same page as many times I needed. Be carefull, because if you have a shape or a logo in your original page, and on the new page you want to keep it, but change the colour of it, then you must on the new page use a NEW SHAPE or CREATE A NEW LOGO, otherwise as soon you publish the new one, then the old shape.... will take the color of the new one.
                            Ciao
                            Alas

Comment

• Tazmarlin
                              Staff Sergeant

• Nov 2007

Thanks Alas,

I have published my homepage for you to have a look at, let me know what you think? The other pages are published but you will see if you click on the icons that it is still a work in progress!!! How fast are the pictures loading as I have not used the Pixresizer, perhaps I should anyway??

BIG thanks,
                              Linda

Comment

Working...
                              X