• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • taranoyes
    Corporal

• Oct 2007

my first website...

This is my first website EVER. Please tell me what you think!!!
    I would love some sugestions. Thank you

Carrolltonac.com
  • Andy128
    Major General

• Dec 2005

Re: my first website...

taranoyes-
    Your hard work has paid off- nice site. I hope it helps bring lots of business your way.

Couple things from a effiency standpoint.
    1- need to run all pictures through the pix-resizer. It took a while to load and I have broadband service. You will not loose quality.
    2- The about us menu button. I would label it "Home Page" because that is where it really points to. That way, when people visit other pages they can know which one to click to go back to the main page.
    3- Place a title in your index page. This will help from a SE point and also when someone bookmarks your page.

Other than that- Great job.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

• whiteshepherd
      Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

you are off to a really great start ... maybe consider centring your pages in the browser ... right click on an empty part of the page; select page properties, and check the 'centre in browser' box ... you also have space to make your pages narrower ...

all you pages need unique individual descriptive names for search engine optimisation to help you rank on the web ... keep up the good work ..
      kym, merlin & tala
      creating white majick
      www.whiteshepherds.com.au
      www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
      www.merlinsmajick.com
      www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

• GDY
        Private

• Jun 2007

Looks like you are off to a great start!

To the improvements already mentioned I would like to add...

You buttons need to be made bigger. The text looks cramped and in the case of "Book a Service Call" the "Call" is cut off. It looks like to me you have plenty of room to make these buttons bigger.

The animation of the credit cards, though eye catching, is distracting. I find it hard to focus on the text, on the real purpose of your site. If this was an animation of some special service you offer or some special offer then I would understand the use of the animation, but in this case, most web sites offer credit card transactions and most consumers know that.

On your home page, there needs to be a space added between the first paragraph and the second paragraph.

On the Customer Info page, there is and extra character before "Working with a company". It looks like a one or a small case "L". Also there is no meta title for this page.

Keep up the great work and good luck.

Gary
        Gary
        Quality Leather Apparel, Leather Lingerie, and Leather Accessories at
        Freedom In Leather
        Get in the Game!
        http://www.parlorroomgames.com

Comment

• donovan
          Private

• Dec 2007

Hi. All you guys have done an amazing job with your sites! Please visit my sites at www.momsmacktalk.com, www.customerbestbuy.com, www.donovanfleurina.com. Let me know of any improvements that warrant attention.
          Thankx

Comment

• jenjen101
            Private First Class

• Dec 2007

Taranoyes...Good job for a first shot! You did really well. For the most part I agree w/ the suggestions given to you so far but would like to add this. Maybe it's just me, but I found the text very difficult to read because of the blue background. I would consider going white, or really lighten the blue up. Perhaps you could use the striking blue background across the header in the top and running along the left, but type all the text on a white background. It's easy to do, just user banners and place them behind your images, menu bar, and text.

Good job!

Jenny
            http://www.maupincopywriting.com

Comment

• cheryl20
              Staff Sergeant

• Feb 2006

Site is really nice. Great Job!!

Comment

Working...
              X