• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drofwarc4
    Private First Class

• Dec 2007

Ist timer - site published, inviting comments & need help with links please

www.franceholidaycottage.com

Published site and have gone back to tweak bits that don't work.

Have worked through the forum help on links and have re-done and re-published but still do not work....

Sorry I am probably missing something really obvious, I hope someone will be kind enough to point out in EVEN simpler terminology!

Merry Christmas, thanks in advance. Nicole
  • Jeremy
    Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Re: Ist timer - site published, inviting comments & need help with links please

Allo Nicole!

Ton site web est vraiment beau! ... Tout fonctionne et il est vraiment simple à naviguer et comprendre. Il ya deux choses qui me dérange:

1. Les pages ouvrent dans une nouvelle fenêtre. Qui veut dire tu as mis _blank sur tes liens. C'est vraiment achalent quand quelqu'un navigue ton site.

2. L'option de voir ton site en français ne fonctionne pas, je pense que tu n'est pas prête pour cela encore?

Bonne Chance!
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

• Drofwarc4
      Private First Class

• Dec 2007

Originally posted by Jeremy View Post
      Allo Nicole!

Ton site web est vraiment beau! ... Tout fonctionne et il est vraiment simple à naviguer et comprendre. Il ya deux choses qui me dérange:

1. Les pages ouvrent dans une nouvelle fenêtre. Qui veut dire tu as mis _blank sur tes liens. C'est vraiment achalent quand quelqu'un navigue ton site.

2. L'option de voir ton site en français ne fonctionne pas, je pense que tu n'est pas prête pour cela encore?

Bonne Chance!
      --------------------------------------
      Allo Jeremy...merci beaucoup pour votre reponse, c;etait tres prompt!

Enough french please!! learning to get my first website up on line is enough for the sunday before Xmas! French being my recent second language is certainly too too much!

Thank you very much for your prompt reply, as I understand it you think the opening to blank pages is annoying....would you think a mix is better or all changed to _self?

And you are correct the french page is missing as its being proofed by a french native speaker friend :)

Would you be so kind to look again at my links related to our email address and also on page "accommodation" the links for the properties as I can't see them working? Perhaps you can see whats wrong for me?

Thanks alot. Nicole

Comment

• Jeremy
        Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

When you want the link to be an e-mail link you have to make it mailto:

So, open BlueVoda and highlight the link, click on the link icon at the top and then you will see it says http:// change it to mailto: and then in that feild make it the e-mail address you want it to send too.

Is that what you wanted to know?
        Best regards,
        Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

• Drofwarc4
          Private First Class

• Dec 2007

Yes about the email link, I got the "mail to" bit but the next line within "insert hyperlink" asks for the URL for the link..is that just the email address

i.e mailto:chezania@franceholidaycottagecom

or mailto:www.franceholidaycottage.com?

or something else?

Also re: the links of pages within pages e.g. my "accommodation" page has three property description links, "chene" "saule" noix" - I have them linked in their text menu properties as file://franceholidaycottage.com/acco...ion/chene.html

is this correct or do I have to now create a link too? sorry but if I do not get how.....

Thanks again. Nicole

Comment

• koolspaces.com
            Second Lieutenant

• Jul 2007

Hi!

On your home page I don't think you should have a menu button entitled "HOME" as that implies the page you are currently on is not the "Home" page.

ALso, I think that the most important element you want to stress is your name and in the center with bold text etc.,. You want people to easily associate the web page with you so that they can find it in the future and my spologies if I am repeating what Jeremy has already mentioned.

The Best Funny Videos on myspace.com

Comment

• Jeremy
              Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

i.e mailto:chezania@franceholidaycottagecom
              Best regards,
              Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Working...
              X