No announcement yet.

Throw rocks but would like feedback...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throw rocks but would like feedback...

Hi...Newly revised and updated site after all the previous input. Take a look and throw rocks if you'd like. I can only improve with honest feedback! Many thanks!

Re: Throw rocks but would like feedback...

Very nice, I love how you have made the menu bar look positively metallic!

Comment

Love It. the pics are fantastic.
      Carrolltonac.com
      Armorappliance.com

Comment

Hi Zj,

Beautiful site. I like the FotoPlayer tool you use. Very effective. I have the following suggestions:
        1. Communication page: The blue links on the dark blue background is strain on the eyes. Very difficult to read and to look at.
        Tip. Open the Format menu and click the Hyperlink Style Sheet. Now add and format the style as you like them. Nmae them appropriately. Then when you insert a link, use the styles from your styles gallery you have created.
        2. Some of your images loads very slowly as they are to large in pixel size. Use PixResizer to resize your images. It is available when you click on the Customer Support tab in BV, or click here.
        3. The Go menu is too narrow. It cuts the text towards the right.

Otherwise. Keep up the good work. Well done.
        Bless you
        Tom

Comment

Over all, it looks pretty good. Your pictures are fantastic! I would say that some pages your copyright notice is bright yellow while others are paler. On the services page, the copyright notice appears twice. Good work!
          Awakening Audio Video Design
          www.awakeningavd.com

Christian Patrick Helvin
          www.christianpatrickhelvin.com

Comment

Hi, nice start to your new site. Couple of things I wasn’t sure on?
            Which is your home page?
            You have used the light box for the same size popup images?
            It’s a nice add on to the Jalbum with the flash gallery, But a little slow on 1st time loading. It maybe the music that is slowing this part down & not the images?
            Left hand images are confusing in the communications area, in that some are popup & some light box.

Good luck.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Tom vR View Post
              Hi Zj,

Beautiful site. I like the FotoPlayer tool you use. Very effective. I have the following suggestions:
              1. Communication page: The blue links on the dark blue background is strain on the eyes. Very difficult to read and to look at.
              Tip. Open the Format menu and click the Hyperlink Style Sheet. Now add and format the style as you like them. Nmae them appropriately. Then when you insert a link, use the styles from your styles gallery you have created.
              2. Some of your images loads very slowly as they are to large in pixel size. Use PixResizer to resize your images. It is available when you click on the Customer Support tab in BV, or click here.
              3. The Go menu is too narrow. It cuts the text towards the right.

Otherwise. Keep up the good work. Well done.
              Hi Zj,
              It is only the images on the Services page I'm referring to. Over 100 and 200 kb in size.
              Bless you
              Tom

Comment

hi ... I love your photography it is is really beautiful ... I think you are off to a good start ... but I agree with the above comments. Also I think if you tightened up your layout and kept the width of your pages to a an absolute max of 1000 and centred your pages in the browser it would give your site a more professional look.

keep up the good work ...
                kym, merlin & tala
                creating white majick
                www.whiteshepherds.com.au
                www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
                www.merlinsmajick.com
                www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Thank you all!! Got some very, very great suggestions!

Fixed: Nuked the double "Copyright" notice, re-set all "Copyright" colors to the same gold color, set all pages to 1000wx700h and centered, elongated the "Go to" pull down menu to try to prevent truncating (although I never saw that it did that on my browser), re-set the hyperlink colors in Communicaiton and Friends pages so they read better.

Working on:
                  Trying to figure out why the slow image load. The images are all set to low res and are all pretty small (used Pixresizer; good suggestion)...so I'm not certain why this is occurring. I'll keep hammering on it.

Home page? Not certain why this may be confusing. The Home button is just to the left of the "Go to" pull down and displays on every page.

Here's something though: I purposely put the Home button off to the far right. Might be a mistatke but I wanted a viewer to linger on the various pages. I also embedded various links to various pages to guide the viewer to the appropriate "reaction" page. The effect is sort of a maze, as in what's the next surprise?! The only item that will take a viewer to all pages in some order is the "Go to" pull down. Perhaps this is all a mistake...let me know.

Comment

Tom...thank you...I saw that too on the Services page. I changed all the images to Lightbox and re-sized to very small. It loads much faster now. As to the other image load issues, I'm still looking at that. Thank you again!

Comment

Hi Zj,

Great improvement. The Goto pulldown still cuts off slightly on the right.
                      I can see the problems you have with your pictures, almost making the dimensions too small. Here is a great tip you can try.
                      First use Pixresizer to get the images to the same physical dimensions and in the process also reducing the pixel sizes.
                      Secondly, go to this site (Click here) and upload the resized pictures one-by-one and run the Optimizer. Then select the best one from the output list. You will see the image file sizes coming down drastically while keeping in tact the physical size.
                      (I'm not using the online optimizer amy longer as I'm using PaintshopPro for that, but this is an excellent site if you do not have something like Paintshop).

Last tip for now: Use this online tool to test basically everything on your pages (run the test one page at a time) such as broken links, key words, spelling, picture sizes, etc. Click here.

Good luck. It is 10 minutes away from New Year here in SA. Happy new year to you.
                      Bless you
                      Tom

Comment

Nice Site I loved the pictures you have a great eye. good luck with your site.
                        sigpic
                        www.windameer.com - Angora goats & Sheep

www.windameersfleamarket4u.com - An online Flea Market - frist year free !!

www.advertise.windameer.com - Free banner advertiseing for everyone.

Comment

Working...
                        X