Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would love some feedback!

Hi all --

I would love some feedback on my website, http://www.dpcCrazyCrafts.com. I am new to BV and Vodahost and am excited about this entire venture. If the links do not work, today (12-30-07) then please try tomorrow. My former domain registrar has said that they will not release until today. They, further, said that the 5-day lag was 'industry standard'. I'm not sure I believe them, but, I wanted my domain registrar and my webhosting services together.

Have a great New Years' all of you!
    Dan

"'Tis better to be silent and thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." (A. Lincoln)

http://www.dpcCrazyCrafts.com

Re: Would love some feedback!

Hi, may not have changed yet? but your pointing at the servers below & not the VH ones.

Good luck.

NS39.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
    NS40.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Dan

Looks like a fairly generic page used for affiliate sales. You will need to work hard on your advertising to get your domain seen as you will not rank high in search engines for this type of site.
      Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Yes - that page is the generic page posted by my former website registrar. I called, after their 5-day 'industry standard' delay in releasing the registration and was, now, told that it is a 5 to 7 day delay. I have learned my lesson! Those who spam the most will provide the least timely service. I do not want to name this particular name registrar, however, I would point out that the web page you see, currently, is theirs, not mine! Have a good day and I hope to show you my website as soon as this 'other registrar' quits sitting on my site!
        Dan

"'Tis better to be silent and thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." (A. Lincoln)

Comment

Hi, looks like your domains have been placed at Vodahost. Have you pointed them at your server in the domain control panel??? As they are still pointing at the NS39.DOMAINCONTROL.COM NS40.DOMAINCONTROL.COM servers.
          Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks for the info, Chris. Where do I go, in control panel, to do this? It is driving me semi-crazy right now as I can't find where/how to change my dns servers.
            Dan

Comment

Hi, your domain control panel will quite lightly be under.

There is some more info in this area on how to change.
              http://www.vodahost.com/tut_dns.htm

Good luck.
              Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Many thanks Collectors-Info and Philip for your attempts to help. I, finally, submitted a support ticket and Vodahost did update my DNS pointers. Everything seems to be working now. The website, http://www.dpcCrazyCrafts, is now up and running. I'd love some feedback on how I can make it better!
                Dan

Comment

Hi Dan,

If this was my site I would.......

Place a picture of you and your partner instead of the cartoon characters, its a lot more personal and professional, people like to see the people behind the site.

I would place a border around the site, it looks a bit stuck to the page at the moment. Also you need to centre all your pages, at the moment they are stuck in the left hand corner. You also need to title all the pages, add some info into the title. As it has not yet been indexed by google I am unsure if you have any descriptions in there, if not do this also for each page.

On your price listing you only have an amount say 12.50, to save any confusion I would add the $ sign, I know you state you are in America, but it saves confusion and looks better.

The banner is a little bland, I know someone who makes incredible banners for $10, but that is your choice, I am not great on graphics myself, but he created all the banners in the sites you see in my sig below, if you wanted his services I could pass you on his details.

I would also add more content on the home page and some inner pages. And place all text on a white background.

Those are my views, you can take some or all of it, hope it helps.

Paul
                  www.anxietynomore.co.uk
                  The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
                  Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
                  Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Many Thanks, Paul. I will be incorporating many (if not all!) your ideas into my website. I would like the contact info for your banner designer. I do have a couple more questions. What do you mean by a "border around the site". does this mean a text box offset from the left, right, top, and bottom?. Also, you mentioned descriptions. Does this go in the "Meta Tags" field? I really appreciate the feedback as this is my first go at a "real" website.

Thanks!
                    Dan

Comment

Hi Dan,

I like your colors and to me your header is unique. you don't want to look like everyone else on the net.
                      I see you don't have you page titles you should put those in.
                      you should think about linking you e-mail to make it easier.

all in all your off to a very nice start.

Jolen
                      sigpic
                      www.windameer.com - Angora goats & Sheep

www.windameersfleamarket4u.com - An online Flea Market - frist year free !!

www.advertise.windameer.com - Free banner advertiseing for everyone.

Comment

Hi Dan, Don't worry about it being your first site, you will improve it as you go along and learn, my first attempt was very average to say the least but we all have to start somewhere.

O.k the border is what I have on my site www.anxietynomore.co.uk this is created by going to to the icon with a grey box with a white circle at the top of the page. Click on this and it will give you a grey box. Right click on this and then click in the box that says border. Then if you want a white background to place your text on (which I always think looks the best) go to colour and select white. You can also chose transparent if you want your chosen background. Play around and I am sure you will get there. If you chose the white background then copy and paste your text on the top of it.

Yes you are correct on the meta tag field, in there is description. This is what will show when people see your site in google. So make it as detailed and informative as you can.

On the banner, if you have a paypal account to pay the $10 I can get in touch with my friend and he will do you a great banner, if you need it changing he can do this also. If you contact me through any of my sites I will put you in touch with him or I will sort it out for you myself, but you have my word he is very good and very cheap.

Paul
                        www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

Received your email Dan and I have got in touch with my friend for you. Once the banner is done, I will play around with your site for you and make a few changes that I think will benefit it. If you like the look I can attach the page and you can use it, if not then it may give you some good ideas.

Paul
                          www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

Working...
                          X