Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some fresh eyes

hi
    I have been working on my site for so long i'm sure there are few mistakes I just can't see, please take a look, all feedback welcome
    www.labrehaudaisgites.com

thank you

Re: need some fresh eyes

hi ... you are off to a great start. Maybe you would lke to consider the following:

your page width ... normally pages are designed to be between 800 and 1000 wide and are centred in the browser.

the text size is too big and it all appears to be in bold... Normally text is centred and bolded for emphasis only. All the text on your website is done this way.

maybe consider a boder around your work area ... currently your pages look a little unbalanced with the menu so long and so much space between the buttons ... take a look around at our websites and you will see what I mean.

you need a copyright declaration and a privacy policy as you are asking people to submit personal details.

Also for your international visitors maybe mention on your home page you are in France too. I had to search to find out which country although I assumed it was France.

You are doing really well ... keep up the good work.
    kym, merlin & tala
    creating white majick
    www.whiteshepherds.com.au
    www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
    www.merlinsmajick.com
    www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Hi Lady,

Nice site.
      I would finish the text .....cafés, bakers and butchers etc.
      At the same line (level) where your last menu option is. This will keep the text
      more centered.

Cheers,
      N Z B R
      t o u r s
      New Zealand Tours
      Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
      Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
      Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
      Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Hi, your site is coming on well in that it all works & loads very well. But it doesn’t feel very appealing. Wouldn’t really want to see images of the kitchen/utility room & a shed on the front page of a web site. (Sorry)
        Why not have images of things that are all within very easy reach of you, for a day out, like? The Bayeux Tapestry, Le mans race track, Le Mont St Michel, Fishing. You could even send them over that St Nazaire Bridge that we found was like being on a fun fair ride with 30mph winds & on a Motor bike. LOL.
        The other advantage of this type of cross promotion is that you can attract people that are not just looking for a Gite when putting words into a search engine. So someone may want to go to one of the Le Mans meetings & fall across your site as well?
        The pages may look better being condensed a bit more, so there is not so much white space. Some idea’s for you here LINK. (Was just using yours as a practice site)

Good luck.

Chris.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Beautiful site, I however agree with Collectors-Info...you could place the mundane, everyday type of pictures farther into the site and post the most beautiful on the first page.

Comment

thank you all so much, for taking the time to help me, I will try to put these suggestions into practice. 'white shepherd' I have done it quite large and bold because my eyesite is not what it was and I often struggle myself to read text on some websites so I was trying to be helpful to users of the site, but you think thats not a good idea no? I have been having a bit of a problem with the light boxes, the pictures I have on Danny's House are not the pictures showing on the site, I have followed step by step instructions i.e. make changes, save the changes and re-plublish but thay won't change any ideas?
            thank you again

Comment

Maybe you need to re-upload your new pictures? I kept changing some of my stuff, and discovered (I think) I had to delete then upload changed pictures. I noticed some white dots against my blue background and had to make sure I erased all the white background since they were all scanned then turned into .png pictures I had to erase ALL the white from around the fishes!

I would LOVE to vacation at a quite place as yours is. One day, perhaps?

Comment

thank you angstless
                I will try deleting the light boxes, up load without then put the new boxes in with the correct pictures, save and up load again! is this what you meant?
                I have made some of the changes already suggested and agree it looks so much more professional thanks again to you all
                janice

www.labrehaudaisgites.com

Comment

Working...
                X