Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Eternal Darkness

Good evening.

I had a website before called "The Dromund Kaas Sith Temple", but it was a free hosted website and you all know that they suck.

I have built a new website using BlueVoda and hosting by VodaHost, and I am very very pleased with it. My new website now has glowing buttons and enlargable photos everywhere where it wasnt possible before in my old website.

So, my website is coming into shape, but is still not finished. If you visit a page and the page doesnt appear, that means that I havnt put the page up yet, but the linking should work.

I need someone to tell me how the page looks in various internet browsers. When using the Win98 setup on WinXP, the main image in internet explorer is 1004 pixels wide for each website, and this is the width I've gone with on all my pages.

But, when using the WinXP setup on WinXP, you will only see 1003 pixels of any website, so I am worried that someone might find my page annoying if the bottom scroll bar appears for only one lousy pixel.

So, does it all look good on every internet browser? I still havnt tried firefox or opera or all the others, so I wouldnt know. Do you think I should convert the entire website to just 1000 pixels? This will result in me having to replace the main site banner, but that shouldnt be a problem.

Site - www.darksidesithlord.com

Thanks.

Re: The Eternal Darkness

Great website. Reading the red across some of the colors in the clothing is troublesome? what color could you use?

two spelling thingies..aswell is two words 'as well' and the use of you'r does not need an apostrophe. your means you the apostrophe only comes in use when you are is shortened to you're.

PS if that is a picture of you, you look too young to have done ANYTHING in Starwars! (except perhaps be a crying baby in the background?)

Comment

I thought about the text being troublesome to read, but I dont think I'll be using any other colors for the text than red, but what I did to somewhat make it better was to make the text bold, making it thicker to read if that makes any sense..

Thanks for pointing out spelling errors for me, I'm norwegian so my grammar be bad. I will edit the text as soon as possible then.

Hehe, no thats not me, thats just a christmas photo of my girlfriend for the holidays, but I suppose I should take that away now that its past new years eve, but I just like it there :P I have more backgrounds of different costumes that I can put up.

I havnt done anything in the real Star Wars movies really, wish I did though, but I just build costumes that looks like the ones in the movies, but I also have a costume thats from a computer game (still Star Wars though) and a costume of Dracula 2000.

Anything annoying in particular about the width of the site? Should it all be 1000 pixels instead of 1004?

Thanks for the help.

Comment

The width is fine on my computer and it is a laptop not a wide screen, but the norm seems to be 800 they all have boarders to me but to some I recon it is too wide?

Comment

I guess the norm of 800 pixels might be so it will fit the screens of people who still use the 800x600 resolution on their computers, my website is made to fit the screens using 1024x768 though.

I tried to change over to the standard WinXP setup, and the site did get one lousy pixel too wide, and I dont know how the scroll bars are in any of the other web browsers, so if they are even wider, it will cause even more problems, hmm..

Will just have to ask some people using other web browsers if it should be 1000 pixels. Good thing it worked over at yours then, I guess that means I didnt make the page to fit some "special" resolution that is only on my computer :P

Comment

Anyone seen this website in firefox or opera or something yet? Any problems, annoying unnessesairy bottom scroll-bar appearing?

Comment

Looks the same to me in IE7 and FF, no problems
              Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

For some reason, my guestbook is allways filled with spam. Why is my guestbook being spammed down? How did they find my site, and why didnt these guys spam in my old site and now all the time in my new site?

How can I block these kinds of people out?

Comment

there is no definitive answer to your question ... the only way you can stop spam is to use a guestbook where you control the posting of messages ... for example you are notified of a new message and you go into your adminitration area, read it and either allow it or delete it. This is how I stopped it. hope that helps
                  kym, merlin & tala
                  creating white majick
                  www.whiteshepherds.com.au
                  www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
                  www.merlinsmajick.com
                  www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Ahh, offcourse. I think I just put it on allow right away. I will try putting it on notifying me then, if thats possible. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

It appears that the BlueVoda guestbook doesnt have this feature, but it sure should have one. I've put a request about it in the wish list in hope that they will make these settings awailable to the BlueVoda guestbook, because I really like the look of the guestbook provided in it since they look just like the ones in my old site, only this looks better.

Comment

I have changed the look of the website, it is all red and black now.
                        I have also changed it to be 1000 pixels wide to make it more user friendly, and also set the pages to be centered in the browser for when people are using a really high resolution.

Comment

Working...
                        X