• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AJ113
    Special Status

• May 2007

Please Review

Having cut my teeth on my first two sites, this latest site is my first genuinely commecial attempt. Don't hold back with the criticism, I want this site to succeed!

www.relocationbulgaria.co.uk
  • angstless
    First Sergeant

• Dec 2007

Re: Please Review

Okay, here I go...I am no expert, there are many here who are, but I think the smiling people are okay on the first page, but they take seem to be more of the product than the homes since they are front and center on every page.

I think using the narrow side bar as your MAIN information is not a good idea I think the search for properties should probably be there and the information take center stage.

the large picture in the background is beautiful, but I do not think it should just be there, you can make it the background and write over it.

Others will help you out better'n I can. Good luck!

Comment

• koolspaces.com
      Second Lieutenant

• Jul 2007

Very nice site! What about moving the picture up a little as a background for the "search" properties? Also, that would allow you to move the "Contact" part up so you can not only center it better but shorten the scrolling a little bit. I would get rid of the green background on the "Contact Us" and use a different shade of green because the site looks professional everywhere else but there. Great job!

The Best Funny Videos on myspace.com and more!

Comment

• DCOFFICESERVICES
        Special Status

• Oct 2007

I think it looks really smart and professional, easy to navigate and easy on the eye. On the home page 'the banner with the people' it might be nice to change this image on other pages, because your pages flow so well at first you are not sure if you've gone to a different page. What you would also be nice would a footer which nicely indicates the end of the page.

Great Job

Darren

Comment

• Marincky
          General

• Apr 2006

I have always liked ALL your sites. This one is no exception, if not your best yet.
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• AJ113
            Special Status

• May 2007

Thank you all for your comments so far, you're very kind.

I think it's pretty clear that I have too many 'shiny happy people', so I shall have look at some variations for that banner.

Here's my general approach:
            From my own experiences, looking for Bulgarian property to buy is a task in itself, the last thing you want is to have to look for the search page, so I wanted the search facility to be the main focus of my site - hence the layout of each page. (The layout also conforms to the "F" layout - the order in which people scan web pages).

The search facility is in a table, which expands downwards when utilised, hence the space underneath the table cannot really be used for anything important - so it was a case of either leave it totally blank, or place an image there. I had a much bolder image originally until I realised that in Firefox, instead of expanding over the image, the table expands under it, whereas in IE the table expands over it. (Can anyone explain this wacky phenomenon?)

............exactly the same problems as above with moving the contact form, koolspaces, but I'll check out an alternative fill for it, thank you.

So I settled for an image that would leave the text legibile in Firefox. I've tried the image as a page background but it doesn't look very good, and I can't move it further up to make it a permanent background image for the table, as the table obscures it entirely in IE. (Again - anyone got a fix for this?)

Anyone else? How does the text read? I've unearthed some stonking keywords in Wordtracker but they've been - well - challenging to incorporate without the content feeling reading uncomfortably.

Would someone please send a test contact message? I've sent one myself but I'd just like to see one come in from the outside world as a double-check.

Comment

• DCOFFICESERVICES
              Special Status

• Oct 2007

I've sent you a test message

Darren

Comment

• AJ113
                Special Status

• May 2007

Received loud and clear thank you Darren!

I've changed the contact form on the index page only for now. Any better?

Comment

Working...
                X