X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rupert.cleanbreak

HI ALL,
    PLEASE HAVE A LOOK AT MY NEW SITE
    LOTS OF PAGES TO FOLLOW WHERE MY PRODUCTS PAGE WILL LINK TO, BUT WILL TAKE TIME.
    PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK.
    Compared to a page somebody did for us and got paid for (cleanbreak.co.za), I think it's pretty good.
    New VH page: www.cleanbreaksa.com

Re: rupert.cleanbreak

Hi, you’re off to a good start. I noticed you have the images on the front page linked to anther image???? Wasn’t sure if these were meant to be links to other company’s or not?
    The only other part that may be nice with a different image is the products background image. Made it a bit hard to read the text.

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi,

If you want to ensure your hard efforts are rewarded then you MUST follow the basi simple rules. A couple of which are:

Get text content on your Home page. The SE's don't read images.

Your homepage should give at the very least a clue to the potential viewer who you are, what you do, where you do it, why they will benefit by using your services or buying your goods, how much it will cost and how to contact you.

You have none of this.

Your Meta keywords should also ONLY consist of words that are on the page you are keywording, and keep them short 3- 5. You have many keywords/phrases but not one of them are on the home page.

I understand entirely the financial requirements today from businesses wishing to keep costs to a minimum by not using outside professional help, but this being said is ok if you know what you are doing.

You can learn all this yourself, but you need to do this prior to constructing a website presence to enable you to stay one step ahead of your competition.

Best of luck with it though.
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Just A Problem I Found...
        On My Computer With Normal Screen The Preview And Actual Site Looks Fine, But My Wife's Screen Is Small And She Saw Our Sit With The Wrong Font & Spacing Of The Font On The Net.
        Quick Fix?
        I Tried Converting Text To Image, But Then It Doesn't Show At All In My Preview. Don't Know If It Will Be Different When I Publish It Like That?

Comment

Rather than chaging the text to an image what about changing the style of font to one that is used by most. i.e. arial, tahoma, verdana? This way you are putting readable information for the SE's. Just a thought.
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thank you for the advice!
            Working on the revised page already.
            Any other nice fonts that everybody should have? I tried arial, tahoma & verdana, but for a heading it looks very plain.
            Thanx again

Comment

If it is just for a heading then you can use ANY font of your choice, but then right click on it's properties and tick the box which says 'save as image' That way anyone looking at it will see the same thing. I have done this occasionally as it's ok to do but just bear in mind that this then becomes an image and not readable text, so if it is a good keyphrase, repeat it somewhere in normal text somewhere els on that page. Hope that makes sense.

Comment

something else you might like to consider is that it is CONSIDERED SHOUTING WHEN ALL THE TEXT IS CAPITALISED, also there is no light and shade in the way your page looks ... IT JUST YELLS AT YOU ... by the way I have written this post CAN YOU SEE WHAT I MEAN ... but your are off to a good start...
                kym, merlin & tala
                creating white majick
                www.whiteshepherds.com.au
                www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
                www.merlinsmajick.com
                www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

All makes sence, thank you. Will get going on it right away

Comment

Working...
                  X