• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sebster
    Sergeant

• Jun 2007

Any ideas

Hi,

I'm still working on my website so its still a work in progress and there is a lot to be done and though its in Dutch (most of the pdf docs are in English), just take a look and give me some pointers on what can be improved.
    • Most of the pages have to be named
    • There is still content missing
    • There will be a smaller english version for international members
    • metatags have to be made
    If you want to see anything else changed besides what I already know then please let me know.

Domain is www.otonl.com

Sebastiaan
    Last edited by sebster; 01-09-2008, 09:01 PM. Reason: domain name missing
  • Darrell Jacobi
    Private First Class

• Nov 2007

Re: Any ideas

Hi Sebastiaan :)

Looks really good so far!

The only two things I would change are:

- On your homepage when you put your mouse over the words, they change to the same color as the background, so it looks like they dissapear. I would maybe make the font black on the rollover.

- Second, I really like the pulldown you have. I noticed when you click on the link, it takes you to that website (i.e. Wikipedia). This is just my own personal preference, but I would set your links up as "blank". That way when someone clicks on the link, it will open up that link in a new window and they don't loose your site. Sometimes people will start getting into the other site, and want to get back to yours, they will end up hitting the back arrow until they get there. Setting it as blank, all they have to do is close it, and they are still on your site.

Hope that helps!!

Comment

• sebster
      Sergeant

• Jun 2007

Thanks for that last one. I'm still thinking about changing that disappearing link thing, because I did that on purpose, without having good resaons for that.

Comment

• whiteshepherd
        Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

hi ... I think you are off to a great start ... I don't agree about the links ... only personal though ... but if I was going to change the colour pick a colour out of your logo ... maybe the yellow or green ... I often find having that extra colour used subtley can be very effective.

maybe consider centring your pages in the browser ... right click on an empty part of the page, select page properties and check the centre in browser box, then republish.

keep up the good work ...
        kym, merlin & tala
        creating white majick
        www.whiteshepherds.com.au
        www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
        www.merlinsmajick.com
        www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

• MADinMelbourne
          Second Lieutenant

• Dec 2007

I like it and would love to see it in the centre, so ditto to centering the page. without speaking Dutch I can see where to 'klik', will you have a translation at all?
          www.madinmelbourne.com.au
          the ART of Making A Difference

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Mane bra! (i Norsk!)
            Sehr schoen! (auf Deutch)

Very Good!

I would definitely follow the aforementioned suggestions, and emphasize how paying close attention to the details and keeping with standard "form" will be your best (and shortest) route to overall web-building success.

Things like navigation and visual conformity are the very heart of internet foundations, and are critical to visitor understanding, functionality, and the whole experience that your website has to offer: rarely is introducing an interpretive or avant garde concept effective without belabored introduction, so playing it safe by conforming assures you predictable results.
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• sebster
              Sergeant

• Jun 2007

Originally posted by whiteshepherd View Post
              hi ... I think you are off to a great start ... I don't agree about the links ... only personal though ... but if I was going to change the colour pick a colour out of your logo ... maybe the yellow or green ... I often find having that extra colour used subtley can be very effective.

maybe consider centring your pages in the browser ... right click on an empty part of the page, select page properties and check the centre in browser box, then republish.

keep up the good work ...
              Thanks. I'll try that colour thing you talk about and I"ll see what's the difference in centering my pages. Does that have any advatages to nopt having them centered or is it just a personal thing. I will certainly try what yoy suggested.

Comment

• sebster
                Sergeant

• Jun 2007

Originally posted by MADinMelbourne View Post
                I like it and would love to see it in the centre, so ditto to centering the page. without speaking Dutch I can see where to 'klik', will you have a translation at all?
                I will have a translation that will be focussed on international members and I will make a complete list of bodies that exist all over the world so that you can see what is the closest active OTO group in your area.
                I'm still working on the Dutch page, but when I have finished that I will certainly concentrate some energy on translating the whole site.

Comment

Working...
                X