Any suggestions for my website?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any suggestions for my website?

This is my website. It has been up just over a week now. I am trying to make a community information center. It isn't finished, but I was wondering if any of you can think of anything that I may need to add. Or maybe I need to set something up differently. I'm still learning a lot of the features, so most of what I have looks complex but is actually very basic.

The domain is talk around town dot org (all together).

Thanks

Heather
  • whiteshepherd
    Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

Re: Any suggestions for my website?

hi .. the link for you site is http://www.talkaroundtown.org/

you are off to a great start ... but your pages are way too wide ... normally we stick to between 800 and 1000 ... they would look good centred in the browser too ...

it would be nice to know something about you, where coffee county is .. etc .... also ... your contact us opens an email link ... it would be nicer if it opened to a page with some contact info and maybe a form or email liknk there ...

I don't like the google ads on your front page ... but that is personal ... i don't like them on anyone's front page .. lol ...

keep up the good work ...
    kym, merlin & tala
    creating white majick
    www.whiteshepherds.com.au
    www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
    www.merlinsmajick.com
    www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

thank you Whiteshephard. Yeah, I have a problem with the page width. So much information and not enough screen to put it in. I keep the page properties set at 800x600 but there is some scrolling going on there. I want to add some other elements and will change up the contact us info. I just learned how to create forms, so I will change that up. I also want to add a guest book. Thanks for the input.

Comment

• whiteshepherd
        Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

you can lengthen the page past 600 so build downwards rather than across ... with building across make sure you have the grid on and you can see how wide you are going by lookng at the top of page as you build it ..
        kym, merlin & tala
        creating white majick
        www.whiteshepherds.com.au
        www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
        www.merlinsmajick.com
        www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Working...
        X