• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stringbender
    Master Sergeant

• Dec 2007

invisable

My site, www.eyeonyouinvestigations.net has been up for about a month and it still doesn't show on most of the major search engines. I've submitted and verified till I'm out of ideas. I could use yours if you don't mind. please. Thanks, Brad
  • Bethers
    Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Re: invisable

Why would your site be found over the ones that have been up for a long time? What have you done to make that happen? And even if you do everything, it's still going to take time.

What terms do you want the se's to show you for? Are you optimized for them. I'll answer the second question here, no you aren't.

I suggest you start reading about optimization with the seo ebook link in my signature. Get proper titles on your pages. Figure out your best keywords and optimize different pages for the words/phrases. Get appropriate headlines on the page.

Then, make sure if someone comes to your site, it's absolutely the best one out there - specifically speaking professionally here - as they will look at several sites in their search before making a decison of phone call usually.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

• stringbender
      Master Sergeant

• Dec 2007

Beth, I appreciate your comments. A couple of years ago I created a site with the same URL and didn't know anything about anything to do with web building and it poped right up and was visable until I tried to replace it with this new site which I built following every instruction offered. I've read everything I can find on optimizing and nameing pages and ????. If I'm not optimized for the se's there is something wrong with everything I've read. Could you please point to something and say here's what's wrong.Please don't take this wrong but, I'm not trying to be insulting. I just am running out of mental capacity for all the other things I will find out I did wrong. Thanks for your time, Brad

Comment

• Andy128
        Major General

• Dec 2005

Brad-
        First off, read Beths book on SEO- it is right on the money.

As for an example. l lets take your page titles. The index page's title is "Home". What does that relate to the rest of the searching world about your site. How about- Eye on You Investigations

Matrimonial page is not even titled as well as the others.

About Us- is titled "About Us" About who?

Take every opportunity to tie your name or business to what ever text you can as the search engine bots love text and "ITS RELEVANCY" to the site.

As Beth said- it is going to take some work to get people to look for and find your site. The more clicks on the site via search engines- the more you'll grow in ranking. Under Private Investigators in google- there are 4,000,000 entries and you were recently added...to the end of the list.
        For instance- if I typed in Washington Private investigators it would be closer to your site if you had Washington in the keywords and page.

Your keywords for each page are exactly alike? And on some of the pages you have no Description?

Maybe approach local Lawyers and see if they will put a link to your site/business as a resource for their clients?

Hope that helps a little.

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

• whiteshepherd
          Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

hear hear to the above advice ... I actually accidently stumbled over seo ranking by mistake with my first website ... then I had to work backwards to find out what I did ... I fluked it onto Google's first page in the first week I looked... once I worked out what I did I read Bethers book and LadyEye gave me advice ... now that website is either number 1 or 2 on Google worldwide and in Australia, consistently, on at least three of my keywords .... there are around 4 million white shepherd dog sites worldwide ... I built my first website in May 2007 ...

a couple of other things ... we usually build to between 800 and 1000 wide to avoid sideways scroll ... which it is doing on my widescreen laptop ... this will drive visitors away ..

i also wonder why there is so much blank space at the bottom of all your pages ... it detracts from the 'edginess' and professionalism of the site ... as does all the blank space on either side of the text. this could be tightened up easily and would get your page width down without much effort.

Another thing, IF YOU HAVE A NEED TO KNOW, WE HAVE THE ABILITY TO FIND OUT this is passive ... maybe it would read better as something like 'if you need to know, we will find out'

keep up the good work ... and I hope you do well
          kym, merlin & tala
          creating white majick
          www.whiteshepherds.com.au
          www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
          www.merlinsmajick.com
          www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

• stringbender
            Master Sergeant

• Dec 2007

Thanks for all the advice. I've read Beths book and everything you've told me and tried to apply it. Could you take another look and see if I've made any progress. Thanks Brad

Comment

• Andy128
              Major General

• Dec 2005

Brad-
              The approach to the titles (in my opinion) should be like so:
              Matrimonial - Title = Marriage Infidelity- Investigations
              Attorneys - Title = Attorney Investigative Services
              (also on the Attorney page- the picture is very poor. Needs to be crisp and not pixelated)
              Rates- Title= Investigation Rates- Eye on You Investigations
              Contact- Title = Contact Eye on You Investigations

And such like that. The content is better- you mixed it up a little on each page.

Much better. Now just make some partnerships around town that will put you on their websites as a resource link.

Andy
              PHP- is a blast!

Comment

• VodaHost
                General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

eyeonyouinvestigations.net has been indexed by Google.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• stringbender
                  Master Sergeant

• Dec 2007

Thanks for all the help. You people are wonderful. Could you tell me how you checked to see that www.eyeonyouinvestigations.net was indexed. One more question, I've tried shorting up my pages to get rid of the extra at the bottom by going into page property's and changing the page length from 1500 to 800 then saving and re publishing and it looks the same on the web. Am I doing this wrong. the only thing that changes is in my actual builder the page gets to where I can't see the bottom part of the page. Thanks again Brad

Comment

• Marincky
                    General

• Apr 2006

Type the full url into the SEARCH area of Google. If it shows it has been indexed. If it doesn't, submit it.

Your page won't shorten whilst there is something there to display, in this case your grey shape background. Lift the background up to where you want it, republish and your page will automatically shorten.
                    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• stringbender
                      Master Sergeant

• Dec 2007

Thanks for the help but I don't understand what your saying. Could you please say it again in layman terms .Thanks Brad

Comment

• stringbender
                        Master Sergeant

• Dec 2007

Thanks guys, I didn't understand what you meant until I went to bed. When I woke up this morning it became clear what you were telling me. Please don't respond to my previous post. Thanks again, Brad

Comment

• Bethers
                          Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Actually to see if your site is indexed, go to the search box and type:
                          site: http://yoursitename.com (using your name for where I typed yoursitename obviously.

You'll find Google has 5 pages of your site indexed- as you can see here:
                          Your Google index.
                          Beth
                          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                          SEO - The Basics

Comment

• karel
                            Brigadier General

• Feb 2006

My site was the same, I took advice and now mine does very well in google, but as I found out google can sandbox it for a few months. So you maybe better seeing how it does a few months down the line. In the meantime learn and apply the above advice. There are billions of sites out there and it takes work to get your site noticed.
                            www.anxietynomore.co.uk
                            The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
                            Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
                            Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Working...
                            X