• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DCOFFICESERVICES
    Special Status

• Oct 2007

please review

some of customers want me to look at there websites, since I've told them about BV.

So I knocked up this site http://www.dcwebsolutions.co.uk where they can click on the Vodahost Link or I can help them if they get stuck

Still got 1 form to make, more banners to add on 'useful links and sort out keywords etc

Can you tell me if it looks OK so far or is it a bit amateurish?

Thanks

Darren
  • Marincky
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: please review

Hi Darren,

No doesn't look amateurish, I was however just a tiny bit confused.. From the Home page I would understand as a visitor that you are telling me about the fantastic web builder and hosting services of VodaHost, which you then guide me to their link.

But then when I read more about you it looks like you are telling me that you are offering to construct the sites for them.

This is fine, don't get me wrong, but just make it clear that you are offering both as I found this a bit misleading.

Maybe on your home page have option 1. (BIY) and Option 2 (We do it for you)

You increase your chance of earning then, either from the VH affiliation or by constructing the site yourself.

I know what your site was about, but new visitors may get a tad confused.

Love the layout and colours, very nice and very well presented.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• DCOFFICESERVICES
      Special Status

• Oct 2007

Hi Ramsey

I kind've built this site with my existing customers in mind, where ideally I would like to build their sites and get lots of practice in (and £££'s) but at the same time give them option of doing it themselves by clicking on the VH affiliate link which is OK because that'll also give me £££'s - How great is that?

By the way I used to be a tele addict, now I think I'm turning into a nerd. I must get myself a new anorak, ha ha

Darren

Comment

• Marincky
        General

• Apr 2006

Originally posted by DCOFFICESERVICES View Post
        Hi Ramsey

I kind've built this site with my existing customers in mind, where ideally I would like to build their sites and get lots of practice in (and £££'s) but at the same time give them option of doing it themselves by clicking on the VH affiliate link which is OK because that'll also give me £££'s - How great is that?

By the way I used to be a tele addict, now I think I'm turning into a nerd. I must get myself a new anorak, ha ha

Darren
        Darren,

I totally understand what you have done, all I mean is that from your home page it JUST looks like you are saying to them BIY, I think you should split your home page up to say BIY OR I can do it for you... Just make that a bit clearer. What you have to remember is not just YOUR clients but you may attract NEW ones to your site too.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• DCOFFICESERVICES
          Special Status

• Oct 2007

I see what you mean, thanks Ramsey

Comment

• DCOFFICESERVICES
            Special Status

• Oct 2007

Ramsey, please have another look and tell me if it is a bit more clearer

Many Thanks

Darren

Comment

• Marincky
              General

• Apr 2006

Yes that's much better.

One thing though, and PLEASE do not be offended by this as I am no expert in this myself either, but if you are looking to build sites for other people you need to tidy your grammar up on your home page, there are a few missing apostrophies, commas etc.

I may not get them all but here are a few for you...

second paragraph change peoples to people's

Third paragraph adda comma...
              maintain the site for you, or if you prefer, you may choose

4th Paragraph

If you decide to build the site yourself, and for some reason you are unable to complete it or if perhaps you are running into difficulties, we will be very happy to review your site and take your site to completion, again at an reasonable cost.

Change it to:

If you do go down the route of building the site for yourself and you get stuck, we are always happy to quote you to take over and complete it. Or maybe you are happy with your site build but just need to get it ready for the search engines, we can optimise your site to it's maximum potential to help you achieve some good results. Please feel free to contact us at any time.

Remove the bit at the bottom 'whichever you decide, the choice will be yours'... a bit too obvious ; - )

Hope you don't mind me saying this.

Comment

• DCOFFICESERVICES
                Special Status

• Oct 2007

Don't mind at all Ramsey, your help is really appreciated.

Comment

• Marincky
                  General

• Apr 2006

I told you my grammar is c***. I made a mistake on the 2nd but last line I said you should re-write.

we can optimise your site to it's maximum

should be:
                  we can optimise your site to its maximum

Seriously don't take my advice LOL!

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Would be nice if you properly presented your "resources" by their proper names, you think?

Bluevoda >> Blue Voda

Vodahost >> VodaHost

And, IMO the distinction between encouraging others to follow your recommendation to do-it-themselves and sliding in an offer to do it for them is still not clear.
                    I appreciate the fact you did make clear up-front the stipulation that clients need their own accounts!

. VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• calmac212
                      Private

• Jan 2008

I thought it looked pretty good.

Well done.

www.Satellite-TV-On-Your-PC.net

Comment

• DCOFFICESERVICES
                        Special Status

• Oct 2007

Hello and thanks for everyones comments so far

Vasili, I've made those changes you suggested, is it now clear for the visitor?

Thanks

Darren

Comment

Working...
                        X