• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AJ113
    Special Status

• May 2007

Professional Or Not?

Hi guys I've got to that stage where I am having difficulties being objective about my site having worked so closely and intensely on it.

Obviously everyone has their own preferences in terms of style, presentation and even SEO etc but I would like to know whether you think my real estate site looks professional? Does it look the site of a genuine real estate agent?

If you were looking for property would you be comfortable making an enquiry? Or would there be some niggling issue that would make you think that the company behind the website was not professional or perhaps even not trustworthy?

Be straight with me - I can take it!
  • AJ113
    Special Status

• May 2007

Re: Professional Or Not?

Sorry, it's the third site in my sig - www.relocationbulgaria.co.uk

Comment

• sedona
      Major General

• Jun 2007

Originally posted by AJ113 View Post
      I would like to know whether you think my real estate site looks professional? Does it look the site of a genuine real estate agent?
      Looks very professional to me. I'd have no problem making a query.
      Good luck!
      Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

• SChajin
        Major General

• Jan 2006

Looks great to me...Wonderful colors
        Sharon Chajin

Comment

• Bethers
          Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Looking good. My problem is that you have more on the left side of the page than on the main portion of the page. For the home page, make sure it all evens out - and that will take care of that.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

• AJ113
            Special Status

• May 2007

Thank you all for your comments so far, please post more!

Beth - how do you envisage evening out the home page? Another column on the right with the search box in the middle?

Comment

• Bethers
              Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Well, the picture you have under the text - looks like a background picture - so I almost didn't even it see it at bring it to the center, or the contact form- thus bringing up the left. If you want that text there on the left and the contact form on the left - then add elements to the center/right. Make it BALANCE. I can't tell you what to do, as I don't know your reasonings for why you just ran down the left and didn't use the main page.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

• AJ113
                Special Status

• May 2007

Well, when a search is made using the form, the search table extends downwards, so I can't really place anything of importance underneath the table. (Try clicking on 'view all properties' ).

In IE, the table extends over the picture, in Firefox it extends under the picture, so I have two choices: either leave the space under the search form blank, or place a picture there which will not interfere with the text when the search form is used in Firefox.

Comment

• karel
                  Brigadier General

• Feb 2006

It looks fine to me, I would love to see a more professional banner on there, I think this would really smarten it up.

Paul
                  www.anxietynomore.co.uk
                  The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
                  Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
                  Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

• sedona
                    Major General

• Jun 2007

When you asked for a site review, all of this was discussed in relation to the image and what some considered wasted space. You seem to have made your choice and asked only if it came across (as I understood it) as if the business came across as a professional one.
                    I think it does. And good luck again...
                    Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

• Andy128
                      Major General

• Dec 2005

Looks very professional and I would have no problem proceeding a business inquery with your site.

Andy
                      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

• AJ113
                        Special Status

• May 2007

Originally posted by karel View Post
                        It looks fine to me, I would love to see a more professional banner on there, I think this would really smarten it up.

Paul
                        Yep, I agree. It will be done!

Comment

• AJ113
                          Special Status

• May 2007

Originally posted by sedona View Post
                          When you asked for a site review, all of this was discussed in relation to the image and what some considered wasted space. You seem to have made your choice and asked only if it came across (as I understood it) as if the business came across as a professional one.
                          I think it does. And good luck again...
                          Spot on Ken, in the end I am only really keen to know about the perception of the site visitor in relation to the professionalism of the business.

........so thank you for your views on precisely this topic and indeed your good wishes.

Comment

• AJ113
                            Special Status

• May 2007

Ken, Sharon, Paul, Andy, I asked for your views on a specific issue relating to my site and I appreciate your comments, they have helped me tremendously.

Beth - I am contemplating your replies but as was highlighted by Ken, you didn't go quite as far as answering my question in the OP. I'd still like to hear your opinion on that!

If there is anyone else with opinions on this I'd love to hear from you.

Comment

• DCOFFICESERVICES
                              Special Status

• Oct 2007

Hello I like your website alot and does look proffesional.

The only thing I am unsure about is the botton right with the picture, it kind've looks unfinished, and almost as if that image don't belong.

Maybe if you put a border around it might seem included it, perhaps?

Apart from that it looks really good, pages load quickly.

Darren

Comment

Working...
                              X