• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sedona
    Major General

• Jun 2007

Re: Professional Or Not?

Originally posted by AJ113 View Post
    Spot on Ken, in the end I am only really keen to know about the perception of the site visitor in relation to the professionalism of the business.
    Keeping in mind, of course, that, on the web your site is your business and how people perceive you. I thought I understood what you were after and your site does a pretty darn good job of inspiring confidence. Other suggestions to improve your site may still be well worth considering in order to make an even better impression.

But, I think you know this well.
    Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

• Bethers
      Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Sorry - but this thread was in the review room - therefore a review is appropriate. However - if you had a review going on - there is only supposed to be one thread per website in the review room.

However, I do not find it professional to have all that blank space. So while the template made is professional - what I mentioned takes away from it as a complete package.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

• AJ113
        Special Status

• May 2007

OK thanks very much one and all. I've got a pretty good idea now what I need to do in order to complete the picture.

Comment

• narobe
          First Lieutenant

• Apr 2006

I also like your web, perhaps a little more balance as mentioned above would improve it. I think that the image below the buttons needs a bit more work, my opinion is that the image is not profesional for 2 reasons.
          1. the design work of the image looks a bit poor you have cut pasted one image on top of another, try blending them a bit more.
          2. they look to young to buy houses?
          the rest of the work top quality,
          keep it up.

Comment

• AJ113
            Special Status

• May 2007

Heh, I was wondering if anyone would spot that! I'm happy with the presentation of the people, they're deliberately layered in an attempt to give that dynamic, modern feel to the collective result as a whole, but you're right, the sprog is slightly too young to be buying houses in Bulgaria! I just couldn't resist his face! Nevertheless it's not professional - he's got to go....

Would you do me a favour please narobe and check out the 'new build' page? the pictures change for that one.

Also on the 'management' page there are some more links in the left hand column, if you click on those the 'people' pictures are replaced with others, perhaps you would give your views on those too?

Comment

• Collectors-info
              General

• Feb 2006

Hi, the sites feel & colors look nice with a good fresh feel. Two things worth a look at.
              1. The form for the search could be on just 1 page with a link to it from all other pages. It looks a little lopsided with nothing underneath until a search is done. Thinks this would make all pages look a little more uniform.
              2. If you can? the boarders on your search form don't look very nice in fire fox, but look fine in IE.
              FF tends to show table borders different to IE, & viewing in FF is becoming as important as IE these days.

Good luck.
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• narobe
                First Lieutenant

• Apr 2006

Hi, the look and idea of the image on the new build page is great it looks like you have taken more care with it.
                The idea of a dinamic and modern view on the image of the home page is ok, but the layout fails. You have cut roughly the borders on each individual, and the light is shinning in every direction on their faces.
                Try a zoom in and use a blare out tool on the borders, fill colour on hair to make it rounder and smoother. Put a filter on all the pics at the same time to dissimulate the light. Well thats what I would do.
                Don't try to be professional. BE PROFESSIONAL!! hope it helps.

Comment

• km5tq
                  Second Lieutenant

• Jan 2008

A lot I know about design, but want to see what you think about using using the faded background picture instead of the white background for the search boxes? Adjust the size of the pic so that you can place the search boxes over the pic. That way when opened, it will extend into the pic and appear as a unit. Also, use the green border around search boxes and picture. Can you use a bolder font? That would make the text stand out more.

Hope this helps. Don't laugh at a newbie, though....LOL
                  km5tq
                  GOD BLESS AMERICA!
                  www.jewelsheritage.net
                  Cunningham-Staggs-Brown-Moore-Bristow-Jackson..just a few I'm researching

Comment

• km5tq
                    Second Lieutenant

• Jan 2008

oops..forgot to mention that I think your site is very professiion. Having looked at a lot of real estate sites lately, I would not hesitate to send an enquiry. Love the cool colors.
                    km5tq
                    GOD BLESS AMERICA!
                    www.jewelsheritage.net
                    Cunningham-Staggs-Brown-Moore-Bristow-Jackson..just a few I'm researching

Comment

• MADinMelbourne
                      Second Lieutenant

• Dec 2007

Definitely professional, approachable and personable... if I were in that market I'd definitely be making enquiries. With the management, I'd possible make it easier to distinguish with same layout, different colors perhaps. The only example I can give is with www.psfk.com they have different sections of business, and use different colors with the same design to distinguish the differences. I'd also like to see a different banner.
                      www.madinmelbourne.com.au
                      the ART of Making A Difference

Comment

• AJ113
                        Special Status

• May 2007

km 5tq - I understand what you're saying. The problem I had was that it would work in Firefox but not in IE. However I have resolved the issue with the search box, (I put the search box on the front layer and the picture on the back - hey presto!) so I have quite a few options now. Thank you for the positive comments in your second post.

MADin Melbourne - again, thank you for your positive comments too - some good ideas, I'm thinking blue for management.

Fortunately the general message seems to be that the site does indeed display enough professionalism to warrant an enquiry at least, but that doesn't mean there is no room for improvement. On the 'to do' list are:

New banner
                        Add more balance - to the home page at least
                        Replace the faded picture with something more positive.
                        Investigate a change of colours for different sections.
                        Revise the 'people' picture

Absolutely invaluable peeps, I'll be making those changes over the next few days, I'll re-post to this thread when I think that the site is worthy of a re-appraisal. In the meantime if anyone has anything else to add I'd be delighted to hear it.

Comment

• AJ113
                          Special Status

• May 2007

Site updated as follows:

New banner
                          More balance
                          Faded picture replaced
                          'People' picture improved

I experimented with different colours for management but I didn't like it, so I left it as is.

I would appreciate any comments.

Comment

• Bethers
                            Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

I still say the home page has to have balance - all the way to the bottom- and you need to put another section down there where you have more on the left than the right - maybe you can do a footer there - with your name, address, contact info etc.
                            Beth
                            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                            SEO - The Basics

Comment

• AJ113
                              Special Status

• May 2007

OK, home page duly balanced!

Comment

• AJ113
                                Special Status

• May 2007

I have re-designed the website now, nothing drastic but I would appreciate your views as a whole on the site now please.

www.relocationbulgaria.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X