• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think? Be Honest!

Been working on this for several weeks. Please check out my site:
    Castawayyachtsales.net
    Thank you.

Re: What do you think? Be Honest!

You have no index page. I only get your directory. Change the name of lisings_1.html to index

Then save and publish and post back.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Hello castaway

Your site is nice but you need to take care of your photos.
      At the entry page you have a main photo of 2186X2112 pixels at 72 dpi. This is enormous big at no reason. Reduce the size in actual size at 72 dpi and everything will go faster and smooth

Comment

Hi and thank you! I jumped the gun and published the listings page and when I tried to publish the index page, just didn't happen. Could you please tell me what you think now at www.castawayyachtsales.net?
        Thank you again. For some reason this is taking forever to come up on my computer. The site even froze me up. So, hopefully you won't have this problem.
        thanks again,
        Rachael

Comment

You really, really need some content on your home page, a little about you and where you are based....This helps customers and search engines alike. With no content on the home page then you have little chance of the search engines sending anyone there as they read the content and then if relevant to the search send people there....The navigation of the site needs simplifing, it is a bit all over the place. When I went to boats for sale this opened in a seperate page, there was no way to go back. The photos are a little confusing for the pics of this boat 50' Sea Ray Sedan Bridge, they read pic 13, pic 3, pic 17, they look all over the place and I did not even know they were more pics of the same boat....name them pic 1, pic 2, pic 3 in order and some bold text ' MORE PICTURES OF VESSEL' something so someone knows what the pics are about.

I would prefer to see the inner page design as your home page, this design lets you add the content.

But well done so far.

Paul
          www.anxietynomore.co.uk
          The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
          Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
          Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Thank you and will do my best to fix these issues.
            Rachael

Comment

Originally posted by castaway View Post
              I tried to publish the index page, just didn't happen. Could you please tell me what you think now at www.castawayyachtsales.net?
              Thank you again. For some reason this is taking forever to come up on my computer. The site even froze me up. So, hopefully you won't have this problem.

Rachael

still your picture heavy. may be you need to reduce the size dramatically

A

Comment

opening the first time, i locked up, dont know if that was just my connection but? second time the image came down so very slow i gave up, by reducing image guys what do you mean? make smaller?
                just wondering, cause i may need that too at some point.

jason

Comment

hmmm.... That is probably the longest time I have ever had to wait for a site to download! You certainly have got to reduce something on that site that is causing this slow connection, just imagine those poor people who live on planet dial up?

I can't make any comments on your site as I was too scared to go any further...
                  Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Hi Rachael,

Sorry to say your site wouldn't load for me. You could have other issues but the size of your images is probably a good place to start. Review them all and use pixresizer to reduce them.

If that helps let us know and we'll have another look. Good luck...
                    Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Your background image is over 1mb! Reduce it forthwith!

Also, I fancy I saw a .png image file being downloaded, but when the site finally loaded there was no sign of it. Is there something hiding behind that large image of the yacht?

Comment

Hi, think we have a record at 7meg on a front page image. Only joking with you. But wants to come down dramatically to about 150-200kb in total.
                        On your listings page, it would be nice to have some thumbnail images of the boats that are for sale. Like the affiliate site you are with.

Good luck.
                        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Wow, you guys are terrific, THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR IMPUT!!! I am really, really new at this, can you tell? Will work on all you suggest.
                          Thank you all again for your imput.
                          Rachael

Comment

You have done alot of work, and good job!! I agree with Chris if there sere thumbnails of the boats on the list page you could chose the ones you wanted to look at with out having to go to every link.
                            Again though looking great!
                            Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Hi Racheal,
                              The font color on the home page was a bit tough to read--but maybe it was just my computer. The home page took a bit of time to load, but then the yachts for sale page came up perfectly. It's great that you have the prices listed too--insttead of making th euser surf around to find them. Great job!

Comment

Working...
                              X