• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • km5tq
    Second Lieutenant

• Jan 2008

I'm feeling brave...please check my new site and give your opinons

Well, as mentioned in title, I'm feeling brave enough to see what you think so far of my site.
    Keep in mind that I just published it today. I'm still working on the index page. I feel the menu and navigation buttons are a little large. Also, the movie slide jerks. Not sure what to do about that. The links are not working as I have yet to complete the other pages.
    But like to know what you think of the overall layout and design.
    And, I'm joking...I can take any constructive critiquing, also appreciate any compliments. I'm not picky...<smile>

Thanks
    www.jewelsgiftsaplenty.com
    km5tq
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!
    www.jewelsheritage.net
    Cunningham-Staggs-Brown-Moore-Bristow-Jackson..just a few I'm researching
  • narobe
    First Lieutenant

• Apr 2006

Re: I'm feeling brave...please check my new site and give your opinons

I would strongly recommend you take that nasty noise off your buttons It sounds like a machine gun, keep in mind you are selling jewels and gifts. instead of a movie clip try a banner, it has exactly the same effect and will improve the quality of the pics.

Comment

• km5tq
      Second Lieutenant

• Jan 2008

Thank you Narobe. Being a newbie to building a website, I'm not sure what you mean by adding a banner. I have a banner with my logo on it at the top of the page. Also, wouldn't a banner just contain one image?

Sorry to be so dense.
      Appreiciate your feedback.

Narobe, I noticed in checking my site that the slide doesnt start at startup and that the paypal buttons are not working. I have an acct with paypal, just havent added products to page yet.

The pics in the slide are just pics I'm using to test the slide show. Will be adding better pics when I add some products.

Thanks again,
      km5tq
      GOD BLESS AMERICA!
      www.jewelsheritage.net

Comment

• Windameer_Farm2
        Staff Sergeant

• Dec 2007

Hi

I have a banner with my logo on it at the top of the page. Also, wouldn't a banner just contain one image?

A banner can have asmany pictures as you wnat in it. if you look at my headder for my farm alll the goats and sheep are seprat picture put into it then saved as one.

Jolen
        sigpic
        www.windameer.com - Angora goats & Sheep

www.windameersfleamarket4u.com - An online Flea Market - frist year free !!

www.advertise.windameer.com - Free banner advertiseing for everyone.

Comment

• DCOFFICESERVICES
          Special Status

• Oct 2007

Hello

I can see you haven't finished your site yet but you are off to a great start

A couple of observations, you seem to have 2 home buttons on your index page. I am guessing you did that because your left hand links are further down the page. If I were you I would move those left hand links to further up the page and remove the one of the home buttons. I also noticed that when you click on a link the pages load in a new window, which is OK if you are pointing to a different website but not so good if the pages are within your own site.

You are off to great start though. Let us know when you've finished

Darren

Comment

• km5tq
            Second Lieutenant

• Jan 2008

Hi Windemeer and Darren.

You might take a peek at the way I have the banner now. I don't want to add an image to tthe name of my site...put one off to the left of it.
            What do you think. Will be using my name banner for my PayPal check out page.

Thanks for the kind words, Darren. I made some changes. Would you check it out again. I removed the 2nd Home button,moved the side menu bar up, placed the text in the middle, downsized the slideshow.
            The bottom half I will place a gallery of products and other things. Will also include a footer at the bottom.
            If I find out that the changes work, I will wait for another critique after I create the rest of the page.

Thanks again for the input...appreciate it
            km5tq
            GOD BLESS AMERICA!
            www.jewelsheritage.net

Comment

• narobe
              First Lieutenant

• Apr 2006

Hi, pass your mouse over the icons you have on the left hand side of bluevoda until you see "ad banner rotator" double click on it, add your pics you can make them rotate faster and slower play around with it.
              If you already have a paypal account, you can easily generate a button from paypal, and paste in a html box.

Comment

• karel
                Brigadier General

• Feb 2006

The pic on the banner is very blurred, from the pixel size it looks like you have stretched a smaller pic. You need to take the original pic and re-size it, this way you wont lose the quality. I would also change the font on the home page, I found it quite hard to read. You also have two menu buttons saying the same thing COMING LATER

Also I did not get one link to work, they all came up wit error page

Paul
                www.anxietynomore.co.uk
                The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
                Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
                Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

• AJ113
                  Special Status

• May 2007

The site is too wide, the visitor has to scroll to see it. It shouldn't really be any more than 1000 wide.

You have spelled 'looking' with a capital 'L', and you have omitted a space between 'child' and 'pets'. My eyes may be deceiving me, but it looks like there may be one space too many between 'someone' and 'in', 'life' and 'so', 'woman' and 'man' The two main paragraphs may look better justified than aligned to the left.

The first capital 'i' of 'If' is smaller than the rest of the text.

The banner text is out of place and out of proportion with the banner background. Place the text in a more balanced position - currently it looks like it's been 'plonked' there; then either make the text larger or the banner background smaller.

The banner is not aligned with the horizontal menu on the left hand side, ceck the x and y coordinates in the bottom right of BV in order to position it exactly - same goes for the pixellated photo of the lady.

The horizontal menu would look better if it was the same width as the banner.

The website background only surrounds the page on three sides. Is the page centred? (Page properties).

Otherwise - well done!

Comment

• km5tq
                    Second Lieutenant

• Jan 2008

Hi Karel and AJ,
                    I want to thank both of you for your comments. I will work on the things you brought up. As far as the picture, I have been working on that. The navigations buttons will extend the width of the page, which I have set for 1000. I have a 17inch screen, and I don't have to scroll to view it. Wonder if I should adjust it to about 900?
                    I put the Coming Later buttons there just to show that there will be more buttons added later. My site is by far not ready, just trying to get feedback on what I need to do. I have received excellent comments, and I appreciate each and every one.
                    km5tq
                    GOD BLESS AMERICA!
                    www.jewelsheritage.net

Comment

• AJ113
                      Special Status

• May 2007

1000 should be fine for most monitors. You're doing well, it's a steep learning curve but look at it this way, once you've learned how to do something, you won't have to learn it again.

Comment

• km5tq
                        Second Lieutenant

• Jan 2008

Thanks again, AJ. You give me hope that I can learn..lol
                        Trying to figure out why I can't adjust the length of the table that extends to the bottom of the page. Trying to leave a border at the bottom to match the other three sides. Funny that it shows in BV, but in preview, It still extends to the bottom.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
                        km5tq
                        GOD BLESS AMERICA!
                        www.jewelsheritage.net

Comment

• km5tq
                          Second Lieutenant

• Jan 2008

Made some of the changes that was suggested. Please let me know how it looks now.
                          I need to figure out why the banner is loading slow.
                          Also, please note that the page is still under constructions. The links haven't been created yet, and the pics for the slide show are only temporary.
                          km5tq
                          GOD BLESS AMERICA!
                          www.jewelsheritage.net

Comment

• AJ113
                            Special Status

• May 2007

Check your page size in Page Properties. Experiment with changing the width and length to see what effect it has.

The first "If" is still smaller than the rest of the text. Should it be in bold?

Comment

• km5tq
                              Second Lieutenant

• Jan 2008

Hi AJ,
                              Thanks again for your suggestions. I've made several changes on the site,but cannot make that durn "I" any larger. Funny, that the "I" that is in the first paragraph looks larger. Must be my weird computer...<smile> Still trying to get the background to show at the bottom.
                              ROFL....I just had a brainstorm. I decided to copy and paste the second I, and it worked!
                              km5tq
                              GOD BLESS AMERICA!
                              www.jewelsheritage.net

Comment

Working...
                              X