• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amyv
    Private First Class

• Nov 2007

Re: I'm feeling brave...please check my new site and give your opinons

Have you thought about consolidating the left side menu bar to a few number of choices? It may be helpful to direct people where to go.

I like how you've centered the page over a designed background to make it stand out. Have you thought about making "GREAT VALUES" a link to a "sale" type page?

Nice work!
    Amy

Comment

• km5tq
      Second Lieutenant

• Jan 2008

Hi Amy,
      Thanks for you suggestions and compliment.
      I could you the "GREAT VALUES' as another link to my special page. Have one in the navigation bar at the top.
      I probably will be have a drop down list for some items. Since I have not setup my products yet, I have lots of possibilites.

Thanks again
      km5tq
      GOD BLESS AMERICA!
      www.jewelsheritage.net
      Cunningham-Staggs-Brown-Moore-Bristow-Jackson..just a few I'm researching

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

You should really put some temporary pages up, even if they say "Our Website is currently being updated. Please re-visit us again soon!"

Having "broken links" and no pages at all is not only annoying for casual visitors, it penalizes you with regard to Search Engine cache ranking, even initial evaluations (making it harder to recover).

Take the 20 minutes to preserve you site's integrity.....
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• slick1121
          Major

• Feb 2008

I am not a web spe******t. My background comes in training, human resources and legal administration to name a few. I have worked in programming and sales. Therefore, I really cannot help with some of the technical aspects. But I would like to offer some compliments and some thoughts.

First, the name of the website is great. One always needs a good name.

Next, I like this Month's Special at the top- good positioning. I would, however, use a more eye-catching icon instead of a star-burst something more in tune with your theme.

The colors work well. However, given the nature of your site, you could get by with maybe some more graphics without being crowded or over the top. However, it would best to experiment and then ask the webmasters if it works.

I would put a little more substance for the home page sales pitch. Tell us why you we want to buy. I know this is a work in progress. You want to sell so keep working on the best sale's pitch you can put on the home page. You have very few seconds to capture a buyer's attention and it has to be on the home page.

I am not sure what country you are in... but there may be some legal protections you might want to add before you go live... trademark, copyright, privacy statements, disclaimers, etc. After you get further along, this may become more obvious. Right now it is not as clear what would be helpful, but it is always best to try to both protect your product and services while minimizing your liability.

Just some thoughts, Tina

Comment

• km5tq
            Second Lieutenant

• Jan 2008

Hi Tina,

More than some thoughts, great suggestions!
            I am saving your email to my website folder. That way I can refer to it when I get back to making some changes.
            Right now I have put the construction part of my site on temporary hold.
            I am wanting to work on setting up my shopping cart and come up with a good bookkeeping system that will allow me to keep a record of my suppliers, their costs and my prices. I'm a real newbie at all of this, so appreciate every comment and suggestion that someone makes.
            I know I have a lot to do on my index page, and what you suggested sounds good.
            Oh, Tina, I'm in the USA.
            km5tq
            GOD BLESS AMERICA!
            www.jewelsheritage.net

Comment

• km5tq
              Second Lieutenant

• Jan 2008

Hi Vasili,
              Hadn't thought about putting up the temp. pages. The navigation buttons are not set up to link to anything. I have the under construction on the page for anyone that would possibly access my site. Will get to yours and Tina's suggestions real soon.
              km5tq
              GOD BLESS AMERICA!
              www.jewelsheritage.net

Comment

Working...
              X