• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • karel
    Brigadier General

• Feb 2006

Re: Bridal Wholesale Website

We are all here to have out own opinions and Ramsey I think it looks far better, feels far more natural on the eyes now. I think everyone naturally looks to the left when opening up a site.

I would not change it back, ask others if you wish, but I really prefer it this way, one persons opinion is not fact, as mine is not.

Anyway that's my opinion, for what its worth.

Paul
    www.anxietynomore.co.uk
    The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
    Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
    Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

• Marincky
      General

• Apr 2006

Originally posted by karel View Post
      We are all here to have out own opinions and Ramsey I think it looks far better, feels far more natural on the eyes now. I think everyone naturally looks to the left when opening up a site.

I would not change it back, ask others if you wish, but I really prefer it this way, one persons opinion is not fact, as mine is not.

That's my opinion, for what its worth.

Paul
      Paul, I'm just grateful my internet hasn't gone down for half an hour (so far) to be able to make these decisions! I don't think I have long left before it goes... Sorry but I think against popular demand I am going to put it back, it wasn't just Beth's comments but I always liked it how it was... I agree it should be left side first usually but I agree with Beth that the main part of each page in a way ARE the images, That is what (hopefully) will gain customers for the client. Hope you understand that.

Thanks for your input anyway, it IS appreciated.
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• Bethers
        Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Sorry to have disagreed with the masses here LOL - and normally I would have agreed. I just really do think these pictures are your website - and they need to bring the visitors.

Good luck with however you choose to do it :)
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

• karel
          Brigadier General

• Feb 2006

That's totally fine mate....As I said in my previous post it was only a minor thing, you totally go with what you feel is best and in a way I agree with the reason.

You have a great talent building sites, smart and easy to navigate.

I really like this site, very good job mate and do I hope your internet problems sort themselves out! I also had major problems a few weeks back...its the most frustrating thing in the world, you don't half miss it when its not there.

Paul
          www.anxietynomore.co.uk
          The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
          Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
          Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

• Marincky
            General

• Apr 2006

Originally posted by karel View Post
            That's totally fine mate....As I said in my previous post it was only a minor thing, you totally go with what you feel is best and in a way I agree with the reason.

You have a great talent building sites, smart and easy to navigate.

I really like this site, very good job mate and do I hope your internet problems sort themselves out! I also had major problems a few weeks back...its the most frustrating thing in the world, you don't half miss it when its not there.

Paul
            Thanks Paul for your kind comments. As for missing the internet when it goes down... Miss it is an understatement... I can't breathe without it LOL!
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• whiteshepherd
              Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

Ramsey ... it looks great ... it feels a lot more natural and the pictures still have the impact you wanted ... just my humble opinion ... lol ...

hey Paul ... you wear my hair so well ... lmao ...
              kym, merlin & tala
              creating white majick
              www.whiteshepherds.com.au
              www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
              www.merlinsmajick.com
              www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

• Marincky
                General

• Apr 2006

Update:

Ok, remade with a couple of changes:

I decided to go with Beth and leave the images on the left.

I moved the gallery pictures to the RH side and made them bigger. If they download slow I can't do any more to speed them up, but I have a lot of dealings with wedding gown retailers and I know they will wait for the pages to download to see the gowns, trust me!

I have changed the home page so that each collections page can now be viewed via one click and not four as beth so kindly pointed out.

Just for your info, HUGE detailed images, prices and detailed gown info can be downloaded from the site but only through the members area, just in case any of you thought I haven't gone into too much detail on the site.

I will welcome further critiques.

Comment

• km5tq
                  Second Lieutenant

• Jan 2008

Hi Ramsey,
                  Your site is great. I like the thumbnail images on the right side. I think they load very fast.
                  Just one thing....I noticed that you have one of your Flowergirl gowns in the Prom Dresses gallery.

Good work.
                  km5tq
                  GOD BLESS AMERICA!
                  www.jewelsheritage.net
                  Cunningham-Staggs-Brown-Moore-Bristow-Jackson..just a few I'm researching

Comment

• Marincky
                    General

• Apr 2006

Originally posted by km5tq View Post
                    Hi Ramsey,
                    Your site is great. I like the thumbnail images on the right side. I think they load very fast.
                    Just one thing....I noticed that you have one of your Flowergirl gowns in the Prom Dresses gallery.

Good work.
                    Yeah that coule be correct, some of the gowns double up. If you llok at the prom gowns they are just the bridesmaids and the evening gowns mixed together ; - ) All is not what it seems in the clothing industry!

Thanks for pointing that out anyway as it could have been a mistake

Comment

Working...
                    X