• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • niome
    Master Sergeant

• May 2007

finally ready for a new critique!!!!

Well.....after I have redone my site a few times and taken into the advice I have received here I am finally ready for a re-critique! Please let me know what you think!

http://webdesignbyniome.com
  • Marincky
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: finally ready for a new critique!!!!

Hi Niome,

Love the design. love very much the site background colour on the black page background, blends very well.

One criticism I would have is that your page background (the dark blue) jumps from page to page. You need to ensure that each page is a template of the next one, the site gives the impression that each page has been started all over again and has been made similar but not exact to the previous. click from page to page and watch the background jump, you will see what I mean.

Otherwise a vast improvement. Well done
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• niome
      Master Sergeant

• May 2007

fixed lol didn't realize that the width was off by 1 on 2 pages thanx!!!!

Comment

• Collectors-info
        General

• Feb 2006

Hi, ditto with Ramsey, you have some movement with objects on the page whit transitions between pages.
        Site may of been a little better attracting all animals rather than just dogs, if thats what you are aiming at. Its just an idea & will quite lightly give you a bonus with the SE's with having pages you could aim to a wider audience, like cats, horses & so on.

Good luck.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• whiteshepherd
          Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

hi it looks gorgeous ... but your site seems to be more about your gorgeous goldies than you web design ... maybe consider using your golie site as another example of your work and do a separate site about your web design etc ... for SEOs you really need to consider naming the pages that aren't and renaming the others ... instead of abot me ... maybe About Niome's Web Design ... or something ..keep up the good work ...
          kym, merlin & tala
          creating white majick
          www.whiteshepherds.com.au
          www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
          www.merlinsmajick.com
          www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

• philipc9635
            Lieutenant Colonel

• Jul 2006

Hi Niome

Yes I was a bit confused, is the site about web design or Golden retrievers.

As White Shepard states you really need to consider the names of your pages or site for the Search Engines.

Is it your aim to design sites for Dog Owners, Horse Owners etc You should consider using a niche keywords as Web Design is very broad.

But I love the sites you have created, great work.
            Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

• AJ113
              Special Status

• May 2007

Hi Niome
              Not a good idea to use mailto: - it only works with email software such as Outlook Express etc. You will lose out on all prospective clients who have web-based email.

Comment

• niome
                Master Sergeant

• May 2007

oh AJ113 how do I use something else?

Comment

• niome
                  Master Sergeant

• May 2007

Hi White Shepherd and Philip-those are not all my dogs! The About me pics are my dogs the rest are clients dogs! I did not want to use photos I didn't take myself and I have only done golden sites so far so.....unless there is a place yo get free dog photos I am not sure what to do.... I wanted to inform my clients that I also own show dogs as well as create the sites.

Chris besides the pages themselves what other movement are you talking about?

Comment

• Collectors-info
                    General

• Feb 2006

Hi, its only minor. But the top italic writing moves up & down on page transitions between Photography & Portfolio. Same again with Portfolio to pricing, plus some left to right movement. Would also be nice if the image http://www.webdesignbyniome.com/text-area.jpg was at the same height on all pages that it is used on.

Good luck.
                    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Windameer_Farm2
                      Staff Sergeant

• Dec 2007

Hi Niome,

When I looked at your completed sites . since I was looking to decide if I would use your services I closed the site, and then had to get to yours again maybe you would like to have those links blank so that when someone closes them they still have your site,

By the way the horse one is not centered.

Good luck,

Jolen
                      sigpic
                      www.windameer.com - Angora goats & Sheep

www.windameersfleamarket4u.com - An online Flea Market - frist year free !!

www.advertise.windameer.com - Free banner advertiseing for everyone.

Comment

• niome
                        Master Sergeant

• May 2007

thanx everyone for the helpful comments-Jolen the horse site is on a free program as thats what the customer wanted and there centering never seems to work! How do I make the links blank???

Comment

• narobe
                          First Lieutenant

• Apr 2006

hi niome, I also got confused are you a web designer or a goldie breader??
                          Anyway the design is very refreshing and easy to view.
                          Take a look at Andy 128 he has an excelant bv tuturial to make a form that is friendly with web based emails and also nice to keep away those nasty spam spiders.

Comment

• Windameer_Farm2
                            Staff Sergeant

• Dec 2007

Originally posted by niome View Post
                            thanx everyone for the helpful comments-Jolen the horse site is on a free program as thats what the customer wanted and there centering never seems to work! How do I make the links blank???

Hi,

Ok well if that's what they wanted.:)

when you do your like there is the obtion to change the target. just click on the blank.

Jolen
                            sigpic
                            www.windameer.com - Angora goats & Sheep

www.windameersfleamarket4u.com - An online Flea Market - frist year free !!

www.advertise.windameer.com - Free banner advertiseing for everyone.

Comment

Working...
                            X