• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • terryodo
    Sergeant

• Jan 2008

Terryodo

Hello
    I am new to all of this, my name is Terry I am an Artist living in a pretty remote part of France near the Dordogne river. I have just published my web site www.terryodonnellphotographs.com I do have an existing website for my artwork run by a web company in Bristol England, but wanted to try this for myself. First time I've ventured into technology with a vengeance. Pretty amazing knock on from switching to digital cameras, original website was the ides of my kid brother and all I get is greif as I never make time to up date it, plus the money they charge makes my grey hair white!! Sorry, waffling on here, comes from living on my own, sad old fart.
    Any thoughts advice opinions would be gratefully recieved.
    Best wishes
    Terry

Oh, the e-mail stuff works but when I tried the contact form, nothing comes to me here so I've messed something up. Still trying to work it out but if anyone can suggest something to try I would be very grateful. Thankyou.
  • sedona
    Major General

• Jun 2007

Re: Terryodo

Hi Terry,
    I think you're off to a great start. I really like the look and feel of your site. Your artistic instincts are evident.
    I would center the pages. Do this by right clicking on a blank spot on your page and when the properties box comes up just check the box that says 'center in page'. Do this with all your pages.
    I don't know about the pink-red rollover color on your menu buttons. It takes away from the chromatic scheme. You might play around with this and find a color that makes a more subtle change without standing out so much.
    Your page is 935 pixels wide. The standard still is 800 although some folks are building up to 1000 these days. Just know that at this width some of your visitors may have to side scroll.
    Great effort, great beginning, and good luck...
    Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

• terryodo
      Sergeant

• Jan 2008

thankyou sedona, will look at the sizing now and the button roll-over too. Still can't get my site contact forms to come to me though, any suggestions?

Comment

• narobe
        First Lieutenant

• Apr 2006

Nice photos try difining the space for your paragraphs a bit more. Center the text on the page try starting a few lines below.
        Take a look at Andy 128 he offers excelent bv tutorials to build your own contact forms. http://netisopen.com/computer/web/webpagestuff.html

Comment

• terryodo
          Sergeant

• Jan 2008

Hello Narobe thankyou for the comments and especially the link to Andy 128 and his tutorial, I have just spent the entire morning, it's 1211hrs here in France doing the response form thing, it works a treat, with the exception, I still don't get anything into my mail box when I fill out the contact box, it says all the right things then does nothing. I clrarly have the mail settings wrong some where, back to tutorials I guess and see what I can find

Terry

Comment

Working...
          X