X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need your views

Hello,
    We are the new customer of Vodahost.
    Recently we have signed for your hosting and domain service.
    Our website is www.daytradingshares.com
    Please we need your views about our site on design, contents, format, anything more to be added etc
    We are not getting enough traffic. Our main revenue generation is through google adsense but unfortunately it is disappointing. Could you please suggest us any other ways which we can implement on site and get some more revenue?
    The Website is one year old.
    Your sincere updates will assist us for further approach.
    thank you
    regards
    CEO

Re: Need your views

Hi, at the end of the day your site is a Google add site & personally when I click on one, I am straight back out. You need to give your visitors something to keep them looking around the site, like some good stock market tips. I would personally say you are doing well with a goggle ranking of 2 on a lot of pages, considering there is not that much personal content on the pages.

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Its nice

Comment

Agreed, take the adverts off, build your presence on the web up and then put a few subtle ads on. I clicked off pretty quick and so will many others. To even click on an ad people need to hang around, sadly they will not. You will get no word of mouth recommendations. Make your site appealing, give people a reason to hang around, give them a reason to tell others about it, make people want to link with you. So many sites like this fail within the first few months and people wonder why. Trust me, change your direction.

What do you do to promote the site? Have you a liniking program? Would you hang around if you landed on this site? Do you update it often?

The first thing I saw was a bunch of ads, it is very unappealing the way it is laid out.

Paul
        www.anxietynomore.co.uk
        The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
        Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
        Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

ditto to the above comments.. it is just another one of the thousands of websites trying to take my money ... good luck
          kym, merlin & tala
          creating white majick
          www.whiteshepherds.com.au
          www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
          www.merlinsmajick.com
          www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

You can't just create a site solely with the idea of generating an income from Adsense.

Firstly you need a site that is very well established. It needs to be marketed first, you need to get your site about on the world wide web. Get many links in from directories, forums, other related websites just for starters.

Once you have a site with several hundred visitors every day, then and only then can you consider an advertising revenue such as Adsense.

I have a few sites that generate a good income for me from Adsense, but all of them have been established for at least three years before even considering going down that route. It certainly wasn't plain sailing and I remember the early days very well when I was generating only about $50 a month. But you have to put far more into it than you have....

The ratio of your site's content to it's adsense content should be at least 85% Content - 15% Adsense. In other words your site should offer its viewers more than just adverts to click on, this just isn't going to work for you in this way.

The layout of your site is not very good at all. As everyone else has commented, the Adsense is just so much in your face that it is more than extremely offputting. I would click off that site within 2 seconds maximum.

Give your viewers a reason to stay first of all. Your best bet would be to remove ALL the adsense and build a site about something? Then when it is of any use to anyone and starts getting major viewing figures can you then bring the Adsense back in, but even then nowhere near the scale that you have at present.

When redesigning your site make sure you stick to the same margin indentation all the way down your page. Look at your left margin on your home page it's all over the place.

You have a page here http://daytradingshares.com/feedback.html which from what I can see is just a contact page. You can't go placing Google Adwords all around the contact form, this is for one, against Google's Policy and secondly is extremely poor site design sorry.

I have laid it out harsh to you because it needs to be said. I never deny anyone an income and I hope one day it will work for you, however, tweaks here and there are just not going to do it for you I am afraid. You need to go back to the drawing board with this one IF your sole aim is to generate an income from Adsense.

Best of luck.
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

^
              You are too generous in allowing 15% of page build to be committed to AdSense or any other "outbound" link structure ...... for all intents and purposes, Rule of Thumb should be no more than 4% of entire site (not just page), especially when elements are specifically dynamic in nature (links, PDF's, Flash intro's, music backgrounds, and even SitePal scripts) if to comply with W3C.

But all designers know that already, I suppose, right?
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                ^
                You are too generous in allowing 15% of page build to be committed to AdSense or any other "outbound" link structure ...... for all intents and purposes, Rule of Thumb should be no more than 4% of entire site (not just page), especially when elements are specifically dynamic in nature (links, PDF's, Flash intro's, music backgrounds, and even SitePal scripts) if to comply with W3C.
                I'm a generous kind of guy
                Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

My Two Cents: It may be that your errant expectations on online revenue streams was never fully corrected "a year ago" when you first began to build your website, but that does not mean that this basic design cannot be salvaged.......

I would suggest (beyond the obvious layout and technical aspects mentioned above) that you consider morphing this site into a real resource for online visitor use: provide definitive articles, fresh content, relevant tools and guides to allow your specific market (Indian Traders) to learn all they can about the trading system you are dedicated to. Give them a reason to drill in and visit for a minute, and provide them with the knowledge they seek --- only after you "enhance" their experience can you hope to earn the respect and trust that is the cornerstone for conversion, which you can then present as suggested additional avenues (your selected Adsense links).

You might even begin to think about packaging your "advice" into a manual of sorts, and offering it for sale directly as well (as a downloadable product). This is far more likely to add significantly to your emerging revenue, your ranking in the Search Engines, and overall import amongst your potential market segments.

Just a suggestion!

PS: Also solves the imbalance of Content to Negative Dynamics
                  . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                  * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thank you all for your advices.
                    We are four guys working on this website for writing articles, content, directory submissions, link exchange, forum listing etc and trying to keep it as fresh as possible.
                    For initial 9 months we have not implemented adsense on our website as we trying to stablize our self.
                    For last 6 months we are getting some traffic and we thought to implement the adsense.
                    Basically we are providing free advice for everyone from last one and half year, from this website, and now we thought to get some revenue and that is the reason we had put adsense from last 6 months.
                    Thank you Marincky for informing us about feedback.html. We really appreciate it.
                    Our motto is to educate each and every person interested to be part of stock market, free of cost, and make them independent to earn money.
                    We are working on this very hard and your advices and views are always needed for us to grow and grow and grow.
                    Thank you
                    regards
                    CEO

Comment

Tjere is putting adsense on and putting adsense on. Why completely clutter it? This has what has turned it into a very unappealing website to stick around on. It does not help that you have to scroll down half way before you get to any information!

Good luck with your changes.

Paul
                      www.anxietynomore.co.uk
                      The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
                      Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
                      Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Working...
                      X