• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beaded Jewels
    Sergeant

• Dec 2007

Outlook Express

Hi everybody,
    I have C Panel 11 not 10 like the tutorial. I like to know how I get into Outlook Express. Can I acess it from my C P ? I have no idea. I already ceated my email account in the C P. What is the next Step? I listened to the tutorials, but they dont help me very much .I am just as lost as before.
    Thanks Lexi
  • Marincky
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: Outlook Express

Originally posted by Beaded Jewels View Post
    Hi everybody,
    I have C Panel 11 not 10 like the tutorial. I like to know how I get into Outlook Express. Can I acess it from my C P ? I have no idea. I already ceated my email account in the C P. What is the next Step? I listened to the tutorials, but they dont help me very much .I am just as lost as before.
    Thanks Lexi
    Outlook express is a mail handler that usually comes with your pc when you purchase it. either that or Microsoft outlook, or both. If you have both go for Microsoft outlook. It has nothing to do with your CP.

Click on your start button then 'all programs' it should be there somewhere.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• Beaded Jewels
      Sergeant

• Dec 2007

Hi Ramsey,
      I know now ,I watched the tutorial and set up the account step by step , did exactly what you told me yesterday about how to fix this with the link . When I click on my link in my "contact" page and I want to send something to my self from my other email germanwldflwr@bresnan.net just to see if everything works now I still get the server error messages.
      If you could go to www.beadedjewels.biz into the contact page and try to send something to me. Please................
      Thanks so much Lexi

Comment

• Marincky
        General

• Apr 2006

Lexi, no one can email you yet as you still haven't fixed the link on your page?

Open the page up in BV, highlight the email link and remove the www and the .
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• Beaded Jewels
          Sergeant

• Dec 2007

Hi Ramsey, please try again .I removed the wwwwwwwwwwwwwwws
          its now mail to contactme@beadedjewels.biz
          Thanks Lexi

Comment

• Marincky
            General

• Apr 2006

Ok, I have emailed you

Comment

• Beaded Jewels
              Sergeant

• Dec 2007

Hi There Ramsey again, must be gettin late over there. where did you send the mail to ? can you like send me a line , like hey it got through finally or something. I cant seem to find it
              Thanks again Lexi
              Last edited by Beaded Jewels; 01-31-2008, 12:51 AM. Reason: forgot name

Comment

• Marincky
                General

• Apr 2006

I sent it to contactme@beadedjewels.biz

You probably have it set up incorrectly in outlook.

Make sure your account name in outlook is the FULL email address and not just the bit before the @

Make sure the password is correct, remove it and type in again

Make sure the box saying 'Log on using secure password authentication' is UNticked

Make sure the box that says 'My server requires authentication' is TICKED

Your incoming server should be mail.beadedjewels.biz
                Your outgoing smtp should be the same mail.beadedjewels.biz

who is your internet service provider?

Comment

• Marincky
                  General

• Apr 2006

The music on your site... That's YOU playing that? You are in the wrong trade, you are extremely good!

Comment

• Beaded Jewels
                    Sergeant

• Dec 2007

Hi Ramsey ,
                    yes that is my music. I just sit at my keybord and start playing inthe same time I record it. I discovered this talent when I was 10 years old. I also do everything else ,like designing the covers, the CD labes etc.
                    But now I totally sidetracked I need to go check my outlook express incomming mail.
                    May I add you to my Buddy list, you seem to know alot about BV and other stuff.
                    Thanks again Lexi

Comment

• Marincky
                      General

• Apr 2006

I don't think the buddy lists work on here, but I am always around and trust me there are far far more clever people on this forum than myself!

If you're really stuck though you can always email me through my website design link below.

Comment

• Beaded Jewels
                        Sergeant

• Dec 2007

Hi Ramsey,
                        I can't find your message anywhere. I checked outlook and I checked my webmail. Iam so lost
                        Thanks anyway Lexi
                        By the way my CD's are for sale on the "my music " page

Comment

• Marincky
                          General

• Apr 2006

there is another way Lexi. You can forget all about your web based email and get a yahoo, or googlemail account and set up an email address like beadedjewels******.com

You could have it set up in 15 mins. Then just change your address on your website.

Comment

• Beaded Jewels
                            Sergeant

• Dec 2007

Thanks Ramsey, I let you know how it turns out

Comment

• Beaded Jewels
                              Sergeant

• Dec 2007

Hi Ramsey,
                              Iam back . Please, go check out www.beadedjewels.biz and click on the link there. than send me a short email if you dont mind.
                              should I delete my account in outlook express and if how do I do it ?
                              Thanks again Lexi

Comment

Working...
                              X