• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philipc9635
    Lieutenant Colonel

• Jul 2006

Be Critical, I need it.

Hey everyone

I have added 10 new pages to my site, they all seem to be running efficiently.

From a marketing point of view please be critical as I want to find out what attracts or turns away customers. I use google analytics so I want to increase the time that people stay on the page. Any Ideas would be great.

Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.
  • SAman
    Major General

• Mar 2007

Re: Be Critical, I need it.

I noticed right away when the page came up all I could see was the top banner and nav buttons. there is a big blank space under that, then when I move my mouse around a square appears with an activate message. You might want to put a tease pic here or something, when I clicked in the square nothing happened. maybe it's something on my end. Also the blog takes the person away from your site, instead of just changing the screen. the rest looks good and it looks like an interesting idea.
    Good Luck!!
    Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

• philipc9635
      Lieutenant Colonel

• Jul 2006

Thanks Mike

So are you saying the video didn't show at all when you clicked it. I have embedded it from You Tube.

Every thing seems to play well in my Browser!!!

Comment

• nzbr
        Lieutenant Colonel

• Dec 2006

Hi,
        I´ve noticed that your title is showing the last letters in a different format (the ..ess of business). I think it´s not bold like the rest of it.
        Legitimate Online Business | Beginners Home Business

Cheers,

N Z B R
        t o u r s
        New Zealand Tours
        Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
        Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
        Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
        Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

• narobe
          First Lieutenant

• Apr 2006

Every thing works and looks good for me.

Comment

• philipc9635
            Lieutenant Colonel

• Jul 2006

Thanks everyone, Hey Mike I made the changes as you suggested and Bounce Rate has declined which is great news. Removed the Video and instead created Language Links to the Video down the bottom. This loads faster and fixes the problems in other browsers.

Comment

• Collectors-info
              General

• Feb 2006

Hi, the site load well & all seems to be good. Feels a bit like it needs a border (same size as header) or background to keep the eye to the centre. Usually best to use 2 tables (one smaller than the other) if you put a border on, to help speed of page loading.

Good luck.
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• john777
                Sergeant Major

• Oct 2007

Phenomenon is the only singular form of this noun; phenomena is the usual plural. Phenomenons may also be used as the plural in nonscientific writing when the meaning is “extraordinary things, occurrences, or persons”: They were phenomenons in the history of music.

am i wrong here?

site looks good..sometime play with the font color..take your blue and just bring it down a notch or two in the spectrum to make it look a little more professional..

I had a hard time trying to figure out what your selling..maybe it's me but a clearer statement up top would help..using the word "is"after Vme may be all you need for that..

Comment

• john777
                  Sergeant Major

• Oct 2007

uVme a unique beginners home business opportunity using social marketing and online skilled games. A Legitimate Online Business for making money online.

maybe start like this
                  uVme is a unique online buisness opportunity for beginners that uses social marketing and online skilled games to make legitimate money online..

something like that..good luck

Comment

• philipc9635
                    Lieutenant Colonel

• Jul 2006

Hey John thanks for your comments.

I appreciate the Grammatical corrections. Us Aussies talk fast but sometimes we butcher the English language. lol

Comment

• Aki
                      Sergeant

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by philipc9635 View Post
                      Hey John thanks for your comments.

I appreciate the Grammatical corrections. Us Aussies talk fast but sometimes we butcher the English language. lol
                      Ye we Aussies are pretty bad, lol.

Back to the site, ummmm it doesn't hold my interest almost at all and you stated you want people to hang around on your site for as long as possible. You need structure to peoples eyes don't wonder off and get lost. Have boarders (i think someone above already said this) and maybe a link section the side for the things at the bottom of the page which are not instantly in view. I mean say what someone sees at first they are not interested in but further down the page IS something they would be interested in how would they know? But if to their left or right the see a link with words they are interested in..not a link to another page but to simply auto scroll down to it (not sure if bluevoda supports it).

Anywayz hoped this helps ya
                      http://www.learnflashfromhome.com - Short Flash courses with online help - learn flash

Comment

• SAman
                        Major General

• Mar 2007

Hi Phil, things load fine now. I agree with Chris, You might think of putting some boxes around the different sections, to focus the attention to what your trying to get people to understand. It's alot of white with text right now. Tweak here, Tweak there, it will come for those that Tweak.
                        Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Working...
                        X