Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd like your opinion please

Hi
    I got this and one other from my sister in law. Her husband had a stroke she didn't have the time or the notion to do this. She was deleating everthing. I talked her into letting me give this a try, so here I am. I would like someone to go and check my site out, http://www.yourwaterfountains.com I sure would appreciate some feed back.

Thank you

JackJack

Re: I'd like your opinion please

Hi Jack,

First thing you should do when you start buiding your pages is to centre them and set the width at 800 (or max 1000). This will avoid people scrolling sideways.

Cheers,
    N Z B R
    t o u r s
    New Zealand Tours
    Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
    Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
    Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
    Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Hi Jack Jack,
      Not knowing how much you have inherited and/or built yourself it's kinda hard to comment. For the most part it is functioning and I'm sure you will find ways to improve the design as you see more and more other sites to compare yourself to.
      I did notice that Titles and meta tags are a mess and this is important to address immediately. On your index you have mis-spelled 'fountain' in the description and it just sorta rambles on. Your kewords have to be placed in a certain way (all lower case, commas only separating them, two word phrases must be connected with an underscore) for instance.... and this stuff is vitally important to your success with search engines.
      Find any of Bether's posts and download her SEO-The Basics and take it very seriously.
      On a different note, if I were shopping for your product online one of the first things I would want to know about would be shipping and I don't see any reference to it. Might want to think about it.
      Brave of you to try and jump in for the family with something you've never done before. Good luck!
      Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Hi
        Thank you for the quick response. In answer to nzbr I checked the "center in browser" and my pages are set about 900.
        sedona, I inherited most of what you saw. I went and changed things around a bit I hope it looks good. As far as the meta tags and titles go I am working on them. I did some work last night and republished. I would be greatful if someone could go and look and let me if I am on the right track. Again thank you for your response.

JackJack

Comment

So....is this going to be a site that you will undertake completely, or simply maintain until he returns?

Depending on the decision, you may wish to consider a different layout altogether, you know...one with a greater degree of attention to professional layout and with everything from a refined merchandise presentation scheme to a real developed Content aspect to really support your efforts to "optimize" the site....

(I know it might represent a bit of work, but it is a plausible consideration -- again depending on who is really managing the site).

IMO
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi,
            Well the unthinkable happened to me a couple of days ago. My brother's computer crashed!! It was an old one, so I went and got a new one. I am going to rebuild completly. From his notes I managed to find all the information I need to keep his account up to date. I will come back here when I have any problems, right now I am reading, reading and reading. There is a lot to learn.

Thank you

JackJack

Comment

Working...
            X