Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please take a look at my site.

Hello everyone,

First I would like to say building a web site with Blue Vodal has been a great experience and everyone in the forums have been super! I would really appreciate a critical eye at this time. I think everything is in place.

www.rushhouradventures.com

Thanks,
    Pete

Re: Please take a look at my site.

Welcome Pete,

Things to consider:
    • Maybe block off parts of the page, as some parts feel like they are flowing into each other (even if you create blocks with the BV shape tool - make them transparent and add a border, if you want to keep your background pic visible... remember to 'move' these blocks to the 'back' or they will cover your links and nab bars)
    • Have a look at 'page height' as it scrolls down to a large uneeded blank area
    • Place your page links horizontally at the bottom of your page as a means of navigating around the site (it's nice to read down a page and not have scroll up to go to next page)
    Off to a good start.
    Andrew

sigpic

Port Elizabeth Web Design Solutions
    Latest Release: Eastern Cape Hunting Safaris
    Work In Progress Cape Town Dietician
    BlueVoda Web Design Portfolio

Comment

I really want to have a look around, the content seems fascinating and I'm interested in the way this book/video/dvd is being marketted... HOWEVER... there are so many things happening at once when I open it.. I'm having to slide left right/up down to see the content. Just too much all at once on the main page. I'll check in again in a few days to see how it's going.
      www.madinmelbourne.com.au
      the ART of Making A Difference

Comment

Thanks for the advice; I am making changes. I appreciate your time.

Comment

Hi, your off to a good start, but will need to dramatically reduce the images in a lot of areas. Its slowing the pages down a lot for the 1st time visitor.
          http://www.rushhouradventures.com/bv01002.png 1414KB should be about 90kb
          http://www.rushhouradventures.com/P1010051.JPG 1220kb should be about 10kb
          http://www.rushhouradventures.com/P1010056.JPG 1086 should be about 10kb
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

It took around 10 seconds to load pages (have dsl) all looks fine.

Comment

Hello,

I got rid of those files and I cut back on the images. It made a big difference. Thanks for all the help.

Pete

Comment

Working...
              X