Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just delivered my baby...Is it cute?

Bonjour everyone,

it's been a painful and long process. Fortunately, VH and its dedicated users and staff helped me a lot. Now i'm publishing my very first website. I need some HONEST reviews. Be mean in your criticisms if you want, i think i will ultimately benefit from it So go ahead.
    Fast, slow website? colors, shapes and spelling errors? (yes, check that area particularly, English not being my first language.

www/frenchtasticpeople/com

Merci,

Herman

Re: Just delivered my baby...Is it cute?

Hi, the url link is not correct?
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Chris,

sorry, but i did it on purpose. Just replace the "/" by dots "." and it should be fine. I've noticed that the google SE listed all my previous threads from this VH forum when i activate the links. And i don't want people my users to read all my comments on this forum when they search for me online.

Comment

BRAVO, BRAVO... oh, is that italian or French? The only thing I hate about this website is that now I'll have to give up my opinion that French people are arrogant about learning their language... and I was sure it was true. NOW.... look what you've done.. NOW I have to say that there is at least one French person sssooo committed that everybody learn French he's even created an interactive website to connect people who want to learn French. He's designed his site so beautifully I even want to learn French myself. BRILLIANT, great work... Your baby has a promising future on the planet!
        www.madinmelbourne.com.au
        the ART of Making A Difference

Comment

Ah! I had seen the 1st / but not the second.
          But onto the site. Nice looking & loads fast.
          Only picky bits & pieces. It may have been nice to have the Classroom/studywithafriend pages the same size as the home page. It would stop the page jumping side to side with some pages having a scroll bar & some not.
          The F&Q page is a little hard to read with the white & yellow on a graduated background. Its not bad for a quick read, but a bit hard on the eyes for a large page of text.
          On the forum, it might be nice to bring the colours in with the main site as it can feel like you are leaving a site.
          But the above is being picky & looks like you have done a nice job on the site.

Good luck.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

You're cracking me up, MADinmelbourne LOL...I'll love to have you as one of my students. Glad you liked the site
            Chris, you're absolutely right about the color in the FAQ page. I changed it into a solid gray. Hope it's better. If not, I'll simply choose a black one. About the forum color, yes i really would like to customize it with my own header and color. Any advice where i could find info on that? I'm using phpbb3 and still learning how to work with it. I read somewhere that VH was selling colored templates for forums. Hmmm, maybe i should check this way...thanks a lot to both of you. Don't hesitate to leave more feedback about what i've just wrote. I really appreciate.
            Merci,
            Herman

Comment

Bonjour Herman,

A most excellent design and beginning. Very functional. My nits have already been picked by Chris (particularly altering your forum skin as now it almost seems as if one is leaving your site).
              Your site is so worthwhile it would be a shame if no-one found you and you have done no meta tag work at all. Please have a long look at Beth's SEO- The Basics. You will find it in her signature in any of her posts and put her wisdom to work for you.
              It is an A+ effort and you should be very proud. Now get it out to the non French speaking world.

And best of luck to you!
              Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Bonjour Sedona,
                Thank you very much,
                I'm very touched by your encouragements. Indeed, i did absolutely nothing about the meta tags (mostly because my students were getting very impatient to learn in the new website, so i had to post it yesterday without even completing all the pages.).
                I will look closely at Beth's SEO basics. I'm sure it will help. I will also check the "forum"'s forum about changing the skin of my forum. Thanks again,

Herman

Comment

Agghhhhh French, I hated french at school, le and la, female and male words!! I may have hated it, but I love this site, great simple layout, really well done !
                  www.anxietynomore.co.uk
                  The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
                  Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
                  Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

The website, she is very nice......

Comment

Hey Herman

Very nice work, you have a lot of pride in what you are doing. I particularly like the colours you have used. Keep up the good work.
                      Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

I am impressed with your new baby! I just started looking into a possible web site, so for I have learned alot from VH and the good folks on the forum, but I have alot more to learn before I am even close to delivering my baby. Best of luck with your new site.

Comment

It's great! I live in Chile and want to start teaching English as a second language...Your site has given me some great ideas for making one for students. I book marked it. The pdf's load slow...that may be FF browser or my computer, though!

bishopjack

Comment

hey looks good but i kept thinking- about this program and what i am offering were links that didn't work ..maybe place them in the white part so people know they are the titles to the info you are providing ...
                            good work,
                            john

Comment

Working...
                            X