Being a victim of the 'new economy' I have created a 'real' website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being a victim of the 'new economy' I have created a 'real' website

My hobby was my fishsticks, now that I have been laid off I need to create some income! My love is bookkeeping and helping sub-contractors who I think are under represented EVERYWHERE!

Anyway, while I was on vacation the owner sold the buildings and I no longer work! Yecht! I miss going to work.

Thanks to you GREAT people I have been able to cobble together my latest website and it all works-even the email!!!

I am in the process of doing the Beth SEO basics but in the meantime I am wondering if this site looks good enough to go forward?

In the future I want to add some interactive products for a contractor... some conversion calculators for convenience and perhaps some type of quick on the fly estimating.

Any advise would be very helpful.

Re: Being a victim of the 'new economy' I have created a 'real' website

Since I cannot edit: OOOPS...found some link problems but fixed them...I do believe every link both top and bottom now are functional!

Comment

my attempt to edit got timed out..so now I have to post my most dire problem....It has been 10 years since I have looked for a job, and the market was GOOD

Here is how I looked then:

Those 10 years have not been kind...looky at what I mean

Comment

you've got a winner. easy to understand. not afraid to tell how much. should do fine.
        good luck
        mrmagoo144
        mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info

Comment

WOW..thanks..I like your video postcards also..maybe latter...cause I want to do a website describing how to organize a business..with very detailed examples using video.

Comment

The bold choice of font in a subtle color does not set right with the rest of your boldly colored theme....to me, at least.

I would suggest doing away with the bold, going with Tahoma or Verdana (both very legible and web-friendly fonts) and either using the darkest Gray on your Font Color palette, or simply black.

You will be amazed at how it freshens up your pages (both legibly and profesionally) and allows you more freedom with regard to your overall layout.
            I really think the black would compliment the reds in your theme best, actually....

PS: I thought I was a pretty Cool Cat until I saw how things really are after a day of webbing furiously.....

. VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

PPS:
              If you are looking for usable utilities to add, ever consider the WebCalendar available via Fantastico!?? You could show work times, scheduling, holidays, impportant filing dates, etc.

To make it work easier without a hassle, and to prevent visitors from changing views or logon to the wrong area, you can "mask" the lower links and icons if you use an iFrame to 'place' it on your web page .... like I did here for Herod (a site still very much in progress).

For some of the other "utilities" that can be easily added by script, search things out at www.DynamicDrive.com ......I am sure you will find some neat ones to pique your interest (and they are easy to add to your site, simply by pasting the code into a HTML box)....

. VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Vasili....thanks I agree it did look kinda 'fuzzy'. I chose Veranda as it seemed to be more compact and it does look more 'professional'..

PS I kept the red font the same cause that is my logo font, and it too is in red..

whatcha think?

PSS...thanks for the link to the Dynamic Drive..and a calender of federal tax due dates could be very useful!

Comment

hi there ... you have done a really great job and Generalissimo stole the words right out of my finger tips ... lol ... Something else you might like to consider is a page about you so people can learn more about your experience etc ...

the other thing is you need to go through your site and sometimes you put capital letters on words that are not proper nouns ... it looks weird when sometimes it is capped and sometimes not ... eg. Jobs on one of your pages.

I haven't had time to read all the way through but it pays to continually read your pages and refining the text ... I still do it even now and I now there is a mistake on one of my home pages that needs fixing ...

good luck with it all ...
                  kym, merlin & tala
                  creating white majick
                  www.whiteshepherds.com.au
                  www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
                  www.merlinsmajick.com
                  www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

do you think a contact/about us link is possible? and putting in a hyperlink to each employee?

ya think?

Comment

Hi Angstless,

I like it. I do agree with the General that the bold font is a little much. Standard Verdana would do very well against the white background.

And if it were me I'd stick to just black (and perhaps dark grey, also suggested by the General), red and white and get rid of the other colours in your menus. Think it would make it a bit more dramatic and clean at the same time. This is purely personal taste.

(Btw, on 'How it works' your Ben Franklin link is not live.)

Overall you've done very well. Best of luck with it and sorry about those 10 years
                      Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Originally posted by angstless View Post
                        WOW..thanks..I like your video postcards also..maybe latter...cause I want to do a website describing how to organize a business..with very detailed examples using video.
                        hi i want to develop a website for my business .Iam very new to this community so could u help me how to start bulding my application
                        bye

Comment

Working...
                        X