• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • terryodo
    Sergeant

• Jan 2008

Re: Re-Vamped

First off I want to say particular thankyou's to PlayItByBeer, MADinMelbourne & WhiteShepherd for the in-depth observations you provided last week, also thanks to Asirimarco and Slick1121, especially for the spelling error slick!
    I have changed quite a few things following the advice and opinions which I hope you have time to review and comment on. Some things it isn't practical to alter, namely the photo sizes, but as the images get changed in the future I can probably get them all more on an equal footing, however, please voice your thoughts.
    Many thanks
    Terry

Comment

• Bethers
      Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Hi Terry,
      Your photographs are beautiful, and without having looked at your site before, I can tell you've changed some things based on the suggestions above.

I'm not going to talk SEO here (as everyone would expect) but a suggestions regarding the store - personally, I'd want to select my own photographs. I'd hate to have a favorite - and purchase the 10 - and you not select the one I want. I really recommend that you let people select the pictures from the gallery that they want. Or at least be able to select 1/2 of them, with the rest possibly selected by you.

Art is so subjective, and while I might like all the photographs in a gallery, certain colors or photographs might speak to me personally - and others might not. Same for your customers.

Good luck to you with the website and your business.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

• whiteshepherd
        Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

absolutely stunning ... it would have to be one of the best photography websites I have seen ... now it is time to read Bethers book about SEO ... keep up the great work ...
        kym, merlin & tala
        creating white majick
        www.whiteshepherds.com.au
        www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
        www.merlinsmajick.com
        www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

• karenwms63
          Colonel

• Feb 2008

Hi!

OOOOOOOOHH!!!

Love the visuals! I agree with Bethers. Let me (the customer) pick at least half of the shots in the package.

And let me type more than 300 Characters in the contact form. AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!

LOL. Please don't take offense, lol. I have filled out contact form and eagerly waiting response.

From a customer's point of view, your site is very nice now with the named galleries--good job!

And this customer is looking forward to hearing from you!
          Karen Williams
          Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

• karenwms63
            Colonel

• Feb 2008

OOOPS!
            Terry -- I hit reply instead of using the addy you supplied.
            Have it fixed now so you don't have to "go and fetch" after this one.
            Karen Williams
            Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

• MADinMelbourne
              Second Lieutenant

• Dec 2007

BIG WOW TO YOU... great to see the changes... Is it me, or does the commentary make the pics look even more amazing? Did I see that 'after the rain' photo before??? LOVE READING the 'about Terry' page with a big smile on my face... BRAVO, your site is a thoroughly enjoyable experience!
              www.madinmelbourne.com.au
              the ART of Making A Difference

Comment

• terryodo
                Sergeant

• Jan 2008

As ever I have much to thank everybody for in the advice received and have made some way toward the changes suggested, particularly those from Bethers and Karenwms63.
                I'm having to put my hands up and say that the SEO, Keywords and meta tags stuff leaves me completely and utterly bamboozled, I have read and re-read Bethers e-book, looked at the sources for other sites on the internet and made another cup of Horlicks before retiring into my little shell none the wiser. Think I have more chance of getting a degree in Rocket Science than ever understanding any of it.
                Am working on two more galleries for the site, people and art, so will let you know when they are done, thanks every one, you are all Good people
                Terry

Comment

• SAman
                  Major General

• Mar 2007

I'm very impressed,that's IMpressed. You have some beautiful work. Oh yea, your site looks very good too! It's probably just me but I keep expecting something to load between the link buttons and your thumbnails. It looks like the text should start up at the top and then widen out under the buttons. But I have never been considered normal.
                  Good luck and keep up the beautiful work.
                  Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Working...
                  X