• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jj5261
    Private First Class

• Jan 2008

website reveiw

Here's my first try at building a website.check it out an see what you think and let me know of ways to improve it.Thanks. JJ

www.threemenandahammer.com
  • Sunchaser
    First Lieutenant

• Nov 2007

Re: website reveiw

Hi JJ

The three men and a hammer concept is very cute, and very brandable.

A few things :)

- your photos are huge - both in dimensions and KBs. They are far too big to display properly in the lightbox and because they are 100s of KBs each, would be impossible for anyone on dialup to look at.
    (You could use the PIXresizer program to fix them)

- the link on your homepage to contractors.com is not clickable

- Your 'contact us' page doesn't have links to the other pages on your site

- I would not put the blue voda link at the top of your webpage - it distracts from your business

- I would change this sentence:
    "We were started for one reason and that was to make your remodeling experience with us as "hassle free" as possible"
    to
    "We started 'Three Men and a Hammer' to give you a professional, hassle-free home-remodeling and repair experience."

And (personal preference only) - I would have one large graphic of the 3 men and a hammer, and not so many small graphics of this.

Hope this helps :)

Comment

• MADinMelbourne
      Second Lieutenant

• Dec 2007

I love that video of the three hammers and a man... great site... the photo's just take toooooo long tho to download.
      www.madinmelbourne.com.au
      the ART of Making A Difference

Comment

• jj5261
        Private First Class

• Jan 2008

Thanks for the replies- how do I make the link on My home page clickable ?

Comment

• Sunchaser
          First Lieutenant

• Nov 2007

Hi JJ

You highlight the whole link, copy it, click on the link symbol of the top of your Blue Voda screen (the symbol looks like a blue earth sitting on top of a chain link) and insert the link there.

When you publish the page, people will now be able to click it.

Comment

• jj5261
            Private First Class

• Jan 2008

thanks-Sunchaser

Comment

• jj5261
              Private First Class

• Jan 2008

Originally posted by Sunchaser View Post
              Hi JJ

The three men and a hammer concept is very cute, and very brandable.

A few things :)

- your photos are huge - both in dimensions and KBs. They are far too big to display properly in the lightbox and because they are 100s of KBs each, would be impossible for anyone on dialup to look at.
              (You could use the PIXresizer program to fix them)

- the link on your homepage to contractors.com is not clickable

- Your 'contact us' page doesn't have links to the other pages on your site

- I would not put the blue voda link at the top of your webpage - it distracts from your business

- I would change this sentence:
              "We were started for one reason and that was to make your remodeling experience with us as "hassle free" as possible"
              to
              "We started 'Three Men and a Hammer' to give you a professional, hassle-free home-remodeling and repair experience."

And (personal preference only) - I would have one large graphic of the 3 men and a hammer, and not so many small graphics of this.

Hope this helps :)
              thanks-put your line in and looks good

Comment

• TWO CATS
                First Lieutenant

• Feb 2006

Hi
                You must have made all the changes suggested because the site looks great on my end all photos load quickly home link works etc.Good luck with it
                Two Cats
                www.magicpallete.com

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

I found the border to be extremely "busy" on the eyes, they text entirely too small and improperly formatted to be legible or inviting for the common visitor, and the color scheme way too bright (probably based on proportions more than anything else --- I would tend to expect your "logo" to be singly presented and very prominent rather than '*******ted' beyond distinction as a border, for example).

The site premise (and purpose) is very worthy (echoing the above comments), and promises to be very workable if refined and truly developed more along the lines of commonplace expectations and standard formatting.

Great Start!

IMO
                  . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                  * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Collectors-info
                    General

• Feb 2006

Hi, Ditto on the image front. (Very slow) Two things to remember with page loading times, is that it should always be made for the 1st time visitor & remember it will be in your own computers cache & this will make it seem fast.
                    On the http://www.threemenandahammer.com/kitchens.html page in took about 20secs to load on my slow broadband. Next time i loaded it, it took about 2 seconds. If i was on dial up, i would still be waiting. Also worth noteing that many might say its a real fast page. (but they might have a 10meg connection) over 50% of the world that use computers are still on dial up.

Good luck.
                    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                    X