Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Constructive criticism much appreciated!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constructive criticism much appreciated!

Please give me some feedback on my new website. It's still under development, but the basic layout is there:

www.myworldindex.com

Best regards,
    Boris Lindinger
    www.MyWorldIndex.com Your Daily Stop!
    FREE Marketing eBooks - FREE Website Traffic - FREE Google Ads - FREE AdWords Marketing Research Toolbar

Re: Constructive criticism much appreciated!

Originally posted by admarket View Post
    Please give me some feedback on my new website. It's still under development, but the basic layout is there:

www.myworldindex.com

Best regards,
    Boris Lindinger
    How about reduce the width of page to 1000 max; to avoid scrolling to left and right to view everything?

Comment

Originally posted by WSBlue View Post
      How about reduce the width of page to 1000 max; to avoid scrolling to left and right to view everything?
      Yes I know...thanks. I really want the pages to autoadjust to any screen, but I haven't been able to find that feature in BlueVoda.
      Do you if it can be done? And if so, then how?

Best regards,
      Boris
      FREE Marketing eBooks - FREE Website Traffic - FREE Google Ads - FREE AdWords Marketing Research Toolbar

Comment

Yes I know...thanks. I really want the pages to autoadjust to any screen, but I haven't been able to find that feature in BlueVoda.
        Do you if it can be done? And if so, then how?

Best regards,
        Boris
        I think there is no auto scren adjust. You just have to make it narrower from BV .

Comment

Originally posted by WSBlue View Post
          I think there is no auto scren adjust. You just have to make it narrower from BV .
          OK. I just changed the width to 1000. I hope it looks better now.
          Thank you for sharing.

Comment

Is this site a "project" or does it hold simply personal value in lieu of any other internet purpose?

My point is......other than serving as a "personal portal," there is nothing of import that the Search Engines will value or attribute meaningful relevance to when compared to any of the countless (yet more highly developed) directories, dynamic sites (authoritive blogs or Communities), or even competing Search utilities. What value does it have for random visitors? Any of the sites/links you have listed are already accessible and prominent on the web in their own right, and as such, provide no value to your website.

You would have fared better to have created your "lists" of resources in a Forum or Blog, for that way you could have also included contributory Content (maybe as "reviews" of each entry) in an organized foundation that is dynamic in nature and favored by the Search Engines....

IMO

. VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
              Is this site a "project" or does it hold simply personal value in lieu of any other internet purpose?

My point is......other than serving as a "personal portal," there is nothing of import that the Search Engines will value or attribute meaningful relevance to when compared to any of the countless (yet more highly developed) directories, dynamic sites (authoritive blogs or Communities), or even competing Search utilities. What value does it have for random visitors? Any of the sites/links you have listed are already accessible and prominent on the web in their own right, and as such, provide no value to your website.

You would have fared better to have created your "lists" of resources in a Forum or Blog, for that way you could have also included contributory Content (maybe as "reviews" of each entry) in an organized foundation that is dynamic in nature and favored by the Search Engines....

IMO

Hi Vasili,

Your feedback is appreciated. The purpose of my website, is to serve as a portal for anyone online, that might have some of the same routines as myself, such as...checking my email, reading the news, watch videos and also to get inspired by, what's new on the internet.

So the website is intended to serve as a homepage for instance, where one easily can access their favorite sites from just 1 website.

I am far from finished with my project, and I am also very interested to get feedback and new site suggestions from the viewers.

Let's say you have 50 favorite websites, that you visit often, but it's difficult to remember all the addresses. I know that you can add them to your favorites, but still it tends to get a little blurry sometimes, with too many links on your navigation bar. (at least for me)

It's meant to be an easy access to the web, for whatever you are looking for.

Comment

Mmmmmm just wondered how you intend to get the initial traffic, have you a plan in place? As said above there is very little if anything for the search engines to pick up on for you to receive any natural traffic?

Paul
                www.anxietynomore.co.uk
                The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
                Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
                Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Originally posted by karel View Post
                  Mmmmmm just wondered how you intend to get the initial traffic, have you a plan in place? As said above there is very little if anything for the search engines to pick up on for you to receive any natural traffic?

Paul
                  Hi Paul,

Yes I have a plan for the search engine traffic, but I'm still working on it.

I want to keep the amount of text as little as possible, so it won't interfere with the rest of the layout.

If you have any advice there, I'd be glad to hear from you.

Comment

It's not a biggie but I believe the word aircraft is both singular and plural. Not sure aircrafts (with an s) even exists.

www.myworldindex.com

Best regards,
                    Boris Lindinger
                    www.Premium-Commerce.com (Web Design)
                    www.MedellinTravelGuide.com
                    www.SouthFloridaForklifts.com

Comment

Hi Boris, The video on the front page is so funny, even tho I couldn't understand a word of it I got the idea... cute. Will you be changing the video each day/week? The only thing I don't like is the font you've used for myworldindex and the headings... personally I don't think they're strong enough. Otherwise, without knowing what the grand plan is, you've captured the main links in an easy-to-locate-way.
                      www.madinmelbourne.com.au
                      the ART of Making A Difference

Comment

It's not a biggie but I believe the word aircraft is both singular and plural. Not sure aircrafts (with an s) even exists.
                        Hi Sandman,

Well, I'm no english professor...but if do a search for 'aircrafts' on Google,
                        you get around 2,500,000 results. So I guess the word exist.

Originally posted by MADinMelbourne View Post
                        Hi Boris, The video on the front page is so funny, even tho I couldn't understand a word of it I got the idea... cute. Will you be changing the video each day/week? The only thing I don't like is the font you've used for myworldindex and the headings... personally I don't think they're strong enough. Otherwise, without knowing what the grand plan is, you've captured the main links in an easy-to-locate-way.
                        Hey MADinMelbourne,

I'm glad you like the video...(my french isn't that well either...lol..).
                        I plan to change the video once a week, and then file it in my video section.

I like the font for 'MyWorldIndex.com' myself, but thank you for being honest

I am also glad that the site navigation captured your attention.
                        Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate it!

Boris

Comment

Working...
                        X