Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please review my new site

Hi

This is my first post, as this is the 1st site I've ever attempted to build. I've just set it all up this morning for a modelling friend of mine. I'd love to know what you think, and what I could have done better.

Thanks
    Pete146

Re: Please review my new site

Hi,
    you have been very good to be this your first website and just done it in one day.
    Suggestions?
    Maybe you should put a title in each page, and for the gallery I would use the light box, it will give a more professional look to the pictures.
    Then I would make a contact form instead of the email address.
    There is the ABVFP form which looks a bit complicated, but it is a great feature.
    In the BIO page there is a spelling error on " WELCOME"
    Good work
    Ciao
    Alas

Comment

Hi

Thanks very much.

I thought I had put a title on each page? & the gallerys are all made with lightbox. One thing I have notices is that if you click a thumbnail before the full page has loaded, the lightbox functionality doesn't work!

Sorry - what's ABVFP?

And thanks for pointing out the typo! lol

Thanks again

Comment

Worked out what I 'd done wrong with the titles, thanks. Think they're fixed now.

Comment

Hi Pete,

Very nice, clean functional site. Well designed and pleasing to the eye. One day? Wow!
          I'm a fan of pages that can be seen without scrolling in any direction. You have centered it well horizontally but if you were to bring it down just a bit there should be enough room for a little space both above and below it as in my browser it runs up to the top of my viewing area. Would look cleaner imo. Just an idea.
          Good luck!
          Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Hi, your off to a good start & the feel & style of the site is fine. The portfolio & the flash intro are nice idea’s, but have to be done well for this style of site. You can’t have images with crinkly edges & looking pixilated (thumbnails). I would have thought the model would have had a good portfolio of images that could have been used on the site & placed in an album like jalbum or similar.

Good luck.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by pete146 View Post
              Hi

Thanks very much.

ISorry - what's ABVFP?

Thanks again
              Hi Pete, that is the form I have mentioned before check it here:

Saluti
              Alas

Comment

well done thats all i can say are you sure this is a first keep up the good work
                sigpicJoe
                Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
                The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Great, nice color selection, easy to navigate, the photo's look great... the only thing I could see to change was leaving a gap at the bottom, same as you've done at the top. Thumbs UP!
                  www.madinmelbourne.com.au
                  the ART of Making A Difference

Comment

Originally posted by MADinMelbourne View Post
                    Great, nice color selection, easy to navigate, the photo's look great... the only thing I could see to change was leaving a gap at the bottom, same as you've done at the top. Thumbs UP!
                    Hi Pete,

Yes you haven't gotten it quite centered vertically. Sometimes this sort of thing takes a bit of playing with.

Excellent work though!
                    Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Working...
                    X