• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zayde36
    Private First Class

• Feb 2008

Index Page Published - Have Questions

Good morning all.
    We have uploaded our index page here prior to launching our full website. We have a couple of questions.
    1. As you can see, we are a retail establishment, with various categories to of articles for sale. How does Blue Voda connect to databases, specifically SQL and/or Microsoft Access?
    2. Is there a way to make a navigation button longer? If you look at the 4th button from the bottom you will see the text was truncated at the end to "B..." instead of "Bags". Can that button be made larger, or do I just have to make the text smaller?
    3. I may have missed it, but I do not remember seeing anything about creating pages using style sheets. (I created my pages by 'cloning' the index page.) Is there a way to make basic page changes globally, instead of having to go to each page?

I insertred the banner ("Welcome to Tamar Judaica") just to see how the banners look. It will probably be removed before actually launching the website.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Ira Eisenman
    (soon to be) www.tamarjudaica.com
  • Bethers
    Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Re: Index Page Published - Have Questions

I'm going to start with #3 - if you want to be able to have the ability to make changes to some parts of the pages globally - I suggest you read this thead:

As to navigation buttons - you can make your own to match your site - and make them whatever size you want:

As to a database, if you are talking about using this for a store - BV is NOT an ecommerce builder, thus you'd either need to build your own database or buy one to add to it - or use another service for the store side - like in my stores in my signature, I use CartManager.

Otherwise, you might want to consider building in an ecommerce builder like Soho or OsCommerce, etc etc.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

• zayde36
      Private First Class

• Feb 2008

Re: Index Page Published - Have Questions

Thank you for your help and suggestions.
      We will look into all options for e-commerce builders.
      Hope to have the site up and running very soon.
      Ira Eisenman

Comment

Working...
      X