Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My flash site is up and i want to know what you all think :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My flash site is up and i want to know what you all think :)

Now i recently did a make over to the whole site so i won't be making any changes any time soon (i want to give the search engines a chance to list me so i don't want to be re-publishing all the time).

I will however listen to everyone and when i make my next update i will keep all your opinions in mind. Ooo and it's my first site so be gentle ^ ^
    Last edited by Aki; 02-21-2008, 05:35 AM. Reason: put link twice, my bad ^ ^
    http://www.learnflashfromhome.com - Short Flash courses with online help - learn flash

Re: My flash site is up and i want to know what you all think :)

Hi,
    Just a few things I spotted (do not have time to look any further right now):
    1. The Blue, Red and Purple fonts do not work on the black background. Can hardly see it.
    2. Your Currency Converter heading give the impression that it is a link. Use a better heading without underlining.
    3. The picture underneath your currency converter block give a red cross. You need to repopulate the picture.
    4. Maybe the currency converter block will look better with a border around it.
    5. Arial font will read much better than the times new roman.

That's all for now.
    Bless you
    Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom vR View Post
      Hi,
      Just a few things I spotted (do not have time to look any further right now):
      1. The Blue, Red and Purple fonts do not work on the black background. Can hardly see it.
      2. Your Currency Converter heading give the impression that it is a link. Use a better heading without underlining.
      3. The picture underneath your currency converter block give a red cross. You need to repopulate the picture.
      4. Arial font will read much better than the times new roman.

That's all for now.
      Thanks for your thoughts
      http://www.learnflashfromhome.com - Short Flash courses with online help - learn flash

Comment

As long as they do not remain thoughts....lol.
        Otherwise nice looking site.
        Bless you
        Tom

Comment

First great that you're offering flash tutorials, think it's a great idea. Re the layout of the site, personally, I prefer the page centred on the screen... and I'm wondering what's with the white envelope in the right hand corner? There's a few spelling/grammar errors... Proffesional is spelt Professional, and the email address to pay is a little confusing without a gap between to (space) n_k... and lastly, from a visual point of view the frontpage layout is a little unbalanced... if the 'bookmark us', 'friends', 'ugotgames' and 'link with us' were in one place away from the video, I think it'd be easier to focus on the content of the video. Great start!
          www.madinmelbourne.com.au
          the ART of Making A Difference

Comment

hello,
            First of all why did you not use falsh to make your buttons on top of the paypal ones?
            Don't get me wrong bluevoda offers some nice options, but flash goes that edge further.
            You might not have exported correctly your swf files or you have put them in a box to small, thats the visual effect that I get on some of the sides.
            I also agree on centering the page.

Comment

Hi, great site, and idea. I ditto what's been said so won't type it over.
              On the home page though, is "How it Works" just above the movie, supposed to be half out of the blue border? Just asking, I never know about new ideas. Good luck!
              Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Hi I agree that the pages need to be centred,
                There are one or two things that new addressing, you say that you are offering courses on flash yet the the flash you have on your site is pretty basic stuff, if you had a go from this to this animations then it would show what you or your tutor are goes to teach. There is a lot of free tutorials out there and for $100 for the basic course it's going to have to be something special.
                Which brings me the the courses themselves you say this will be on msn after they have paid. Big big problem with this, I will give an example. I pay for the course, I receive the address then pass this on to ten friends. You have now have 1 paying and 10 roughs this Is one problem, spamming the inbox. the other is if you have 20 or 30 paying members the poor tutor is going to have one hell of a time trying to keep up. Don't know about you but I have trouble have 4 or 5 conversions on msn at the same time.
                Ideas around this that might help.
                1/ Do video tutorials which are downloadable from email or site, links on a time or click basis.
                2/ Set up a live chat ( can not be hosted on VodaHost ) or forum which is in a password protected folder.
                3/ Take a good long look at your site and ask yourself, if I wanted to learn flash would I come here
                you have to be honest on that one.

My comments may sting but I believe that if you don't say it as it is, then don't say anything at all.
                Flash Design

Comment

Referring to your OP, re-publishing makes no difference at all to search engines finding your pages.

Comment

hello, very interested in reviewing your site, but tried it twice and could not get the home page to open. not sure why, but will try tomorrow.
                    mrmagoo144
                    mrmagoo144
                    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Thank you everyone for checking out my site and i'll try to respond to everyone.

1. Thanks Tom VR i had not realised the currency converter text could be mistaken as a link so i've removed the underline ^ ^ As for the red cross i actually can't see it. I see a little white line that looks like half a box or something though.

2. The white envelope is actually our logo. I'll fix the slepping of professional in the flash vid too.

3. The page is not in the center because i'm trying to keep people with large screens in mind too. i personally have a large screen so when i view a website i zoom in to fill the screen. When zooming in graphics are draged to the right from the left. When everything is in the center it means the moment people start to zoom in content is pushed off the screen and they are forced to use the scroll bar for but left-rigth and up-down which i don't want to do (if anyone knows some sort of auto re-adjust trick i would really like to know).

4. I don't want videos as it could well end up on youtube or one of those other sites and would be too temptig to just put on a cd and give to all thier friends. it's a good idea but too risky at this stage.

Our tutor is very experienced and we brought up the possibility of getting too many people at once and he informed us he knows other Flash teachers who would be more then willing to join us if we needed it :)We'll try have no more then 5 people per tutor.

I think we are actually pretty cheap. Other Flash sites cost a lot more, Tutorials are writen and explained very well, help can be requested by email and 15 hours of our tutors time (3 hours daily mon-fri) and remember we also have to pay him. Not to mention the time saved not having to go to school for months. We will only see profit from high numbers of students so it's impossible to lower the price.

5. I'm not really fused about the buttons personally i think they do an ok job. Yes. Flash can do much better but i'll improve the buttons maybe a bit further down the track :)

6. Ye the video and all positionings is intentional ^ ^

7. Re-publishing makes no difference to search engines? That's the best news i've heard all day! :D Thanks for the info.

8. My site is working (just checked) so give it another shot mrmagoo144 and if you still can't get it up perhaps try another internet explorer?

Everyone THANK YOU for your honestly and thoughts. I've made some changes and i got some good advice here ^ ^ Only some things have been changes as i'm very happy with how it already is. People have a good day :D

Comment

i have tried it again and it did not work. i want to be a customer and you tell me to try another internet explorer. good luck with your new business
                        mrmagoo144
                        mrmagoo144
                        www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Originally posted by mrmagoo144 View Post
                          i have tried it again and it did not work. i want to be a customer and you tell me to try another internet explorer. good luck with your new business
                          mrmagoo144
                          www.videopostcards.info
                          i really don't know what to say. I've tried the site with Internet Explorer, Opera and Firefox with no problems.. what do you use?

Comment

it worked this time thanks,
                            mrmagoo144
                            mrmagoo144
                            www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Originally posted by mrmagoo144 View Post
                              it worked this time thanks,
                              mrmagoo144
                              Glad to hear it

Comment

Working...
                              X