Please check out my Pet Shop Website!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please check out my Pet Shop Website!

I can't wait to see what y'all think! This is my first attempt at building a site after paying lots of money to other people, only to not get what I want.

I know there are still some links under construction - I don't need input on this. But I do want desperately to know what y'all think about the layout, colors, and any other bells and whistles that could be used on the site.

Any and all constructive criticism is welcome. Thanks so much for taking the time!

Rebecca Huff
    www.therustonpetshop.com

P.S. I think Blue Voda is awesome.

Re: Please check out my Pet Shop Website!

I think it looks great. You just have to center your page. right click on the background then page properties and check the box that says center in browser. I have a widescreen computer and your page took up my whole computer screen. make sure all computers will be able to see it all. I would just put your information on 800 wide and not 1000 wide.
    www.perfectscents.ca

Comment

You may want to not have it open up new brosers each time you look at a page.
      sigpic
      www.windameer.com - Angora goats & Sheep

www.windameersfleamarket4u.com - An online Flea Market - frist year free !!

www.advertise.windameer.com - Free banner advertiseing for everyone.

Comment

you are off to a good start ... I really love your colour set up ... a few things thouh ... we normally stick to a width of between 800 and 1000 so there is no sideways scroll for our visitors .... each page needs a unigue name instead of index on each page ... keep up the good work and I hope it all goes well for you ....
        kym, merlin & tala
        creating white majick
        www.whiteshepherds.com.au
        www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
        www.merlinsmajick.com
        www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

I agree with all the above comments.

Your Home button link on the other pages are incorrect. On some pages you have something like this: http://www.therustonpetshop.com/www....tonpetshop.com

...on other pages you have http://www.therustonpetshop.com/index.htm
          The link should be http://www.therustonpetshop.com/index.html
          Note the html extention.
          Otherwise it looks greate.
          Bless you
          Tom

Comment

Man is Blue Voda addictive! OK - here I am at 4am, and i think the revisions are complete! See what you think??? Thanks, Rebecca

www.therustonpetshop.com

Comment

Hi Rebecca,

Welcome to BV, I have a couple of comments:
              • The "Please join our newsletter..." is overlapping
              • The training link is dead
              • Remember that by turning text into .jpg files (pictures) you are offering SE's very little content to list you for.
              Cheers,
              Andrew

sigpic

Port Elizabeth Web Design Solutions
              Latest Release: Eastern Cape Hunting Safaris
              Work In Progress Cape Town Dietician
              BlueVoda Web Design Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by PlayItByBeer View Post
                Hi Rebecca,

Welcome to BV, I have a couple of comments:
                • The "Please join our newsletter..." is overlapping
                • The training link is dead
                • Remember that by turning text into .jpg files (pictures) you are offering SE's very little content to list you for.
                Cheers,
                Hi Andrew,
                I knew about the training link. What do you mean overlapping? Nothing looks wrong from my screen. I'm not sure what you mean by turning into pics... Do you mean that for example on puppies page I should add some text to go along with the pics?

Thanks for the comments!
                Rebecca

Comment

Rebecca,
                  What Andrew ment was the top line of the "Join our fan' is half way up on the black space above the whit block. It shows like that on mine too. The other thing is the whit oval with text in it and other text areas are on the page as ".gif, & .jpg" instead of staight text on the back ground. The S.E.'s don't see those, they look for text.
                  You have done alot of great work, Love the animals. Good Luck!!
                  Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Hi Rebecca, I think you have done a cracking job and it so interesting to look at and it really catches your interest.

Someone as mentioned your newsletter text needs adjusting. If you grab the text handles and stretch it, it will go on 2 lines instead of 3.

The other thing you might want to look at are the menu buttons Home, Puppies. Other Pets etc. It seem's you have a minor transparency issue, because they are blue with a white background, but when you hover your mouse they turn red without the white background, which I think looks a little bit tidier.

Excellent job though and you've made use of lots of features which I think is great.

Darren

Comment

Hi again,

Two things:
                      1. The Submit button on the index page "Please join our fun...." is underneath the text "Get info on Pet Care...." 1st line of text.
                      2. It is very frustrating to open many of te pages in a new window. To browse one's own site, it is advisable to open each page in the same window. To do this, leave the Target fileds with the links empty.

Otherwise, looking good.
                      Bless you
                      Tom

Comment

Hi,
                        I noticed on your puppy page that the text under Featured Pet, goes down into your site's side banner. This is for the pet adoption pic.
                        www.reikiforhorses.ca
                        Balance Your Horse's Energy For Self-Healing
                        www.lucynixon.ca
                        Reiki For Pets and Their People
                        www.ufindahorse.com
                        Work In Progress

Comment

Wow, thanks to all of you for the input! I am going to make all revisions let you know. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could use more text? Thanks, Rebecca

Comment

Originally posted by getselfin View Post
                            Wow, thanks to all of you for the input! I am going to make all revisions let you know. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could use more text? Thanks, Rebecca
                            your home page is your single most important page .... firstly ... it is usually the first port of call for a visitor ... etc ... it's your first opportunity to grab your visitor and make them want to keep reading ... so ... you need text which is also vital for search engines to search ... you have the look and the feel down now you need to write something ... take a look around at other sites that are trying to achieve something similar to you ... take a look at what they do, get some ideas and take it from there ...
                            kym, merlin & tala
                            creating white majick
                            www.whiteshepherds.com.au
                            www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
                            www.merlinsmajick.com
                            www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Hi, like the concept & idea. Few things to look at.
                              Most of the images want optimizing & reducing with software/program. They should also be renamed correctly so SE’s can find them.
                              Try not to use the handles on the images as it can really distort them badly. IE:…..

http://www.therustonpetshop.com/pet%20shop%20pics%20006%20(500%20x%20375).jpg

http://www.therustonpetshop.com/acalogo1%20(251%20x%2021).jpg
                              Are all great looking images until the handles are used.
                              Optimizing the images will also speed up your pages dramatically for 1st time visitors without the use of broadband
                              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                              X