No announcement yet.

Please check out my Pet Shop Website!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Please check out my Pet Shop Website!

ok - great input - thanks! Will use pix resizer??? on the gifs and images??? Is that the program you are referring to ?

Also will work on writing something... are you saying only on the homepage is where the search engines look?

Does anyone think the addition of a forum or blog would be a good thing to do? Maybe a lost and found blog? I am unfamiliar to the world of blogging....

Thank all of you for your help!
    Rebecca

Comment

Also, I am working in the dark to fix the overlapping text on the homepage "sign up for newsletter". It looked perfect on my computer, but off to others.. did I fix it? Thanks Reb

Comment

Hi, Yep! pixresizer will do it (But not on the animated ones). Have a quick read of the using pixresizer below.

The SE's will look at every part & ever page of your site & treat them as individual ares. So optimize each page.

News letter looks good to me in FF & IE.

Good luck.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I am happy for you!! Bit jealous too... :))
          I am in the process of attempting to save an OLD website and I am behind you on the BV learning curve... Good JOb!!

I would have this comment concerning text... and developing the text..
          Having spent nearly a year studying keywords, placement , selection of them, etc.. all with an eye towards "what does it TAKE to bring my website up high on search engines so the customers can FIND me?

To me, if you want clients (customers) that is. opening a web site without attention to keywords and exposing yourself to clients is like opening a store in the mojave desert and expecting folks to find you..

Here is what i decided to do.. this might help..
          One tool i use is this one

Free keyword research tool that allows you to enter your primary keyword and get free keyword suggestions and reports on their monthly search estimates.

type in keywords that you THINK folks might use to find your service(s).. write down the results you find using this tool along with the number of times searched on last month (the numbers).. Ignore phrases that seem totally NOT to apply...

THEN,, i could go into a rendition here of how to rank the list you just made and which words or phrases to use FIRST.. but let me try to simpify what i did that worked for me.. Selected the LESSOR (smaller times searched on).. yet that were specific enough phrases that *****d to me and my products.. No sense bringing someone into your site that isn't looking for what you have.. Reason I did this... is like a lot of folks I want what i want and i want it NOW... the LESSOR searched on phrases (smaller numbers) are as a general rule, LEAST competitive.. and this means easier for you to rise higher, quicker in rankings...
          Likely they will show up first in msn,, (maybe two weeks to three),, then next start showing up in yahoo (month or two) and later... google..

One of my highly promoted keywords is "tree tables".. If you search on google you will see my web site is number 1... That is because i paid attention to tree tables as a keyword phrase when i wrote text, labeled my pictures, and created hyperlinks... I sprinkled in the words tree tables..
          I have not checked lately but used to be that the phrase tree tables was not even showing up as anyone searching on it in the key word tools... and yet, it is used to find my web site..

in summary... go thru your products and services (index pages) and make keyword lists for ea. product/service... then focus FIRST on writing your text... But make it REAL ,, make your text meaningful..

and you will do just fine..

good luck - i'm STILL jealous.. :)) good job!!!
          Kindest of Regards,

Just Mike
          www.treetables.com

Comment

You are doing very good! The site is looking better and better. Your page rank is up to 1/10 in google already.
            Keep up the good work!!
            Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

I think your web site looks good. However, i am very new and having issues of my own.

Originally posted by getselfin View Post
              I can't wait to see what y'all think! This is my first attempt at building a site after paying lots of money to other people, only to not get what I want.

I know there are still some links under construction - I don't need input on this. But I do want desperately to know what y'all think about the layout, colors, and any other bells and whistles that could be used on the site.

Any and all constructive criticism is welcome. Thanks so much for taking the time!

Rebecca Huff
              www.therustonpetshop.com

P.S. I think Blue Voda is awesome.

Comment

I am a new user of Blue Voda and need help!

I have a lot of questions. One is how do I link a button to a page, I have used a fixed menu sucessfully but when I add a button, i can't figure out how to make it connect. I am trying to add a home button that will go back to my index page.

I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this question but I don't know where else to start.

Comment

Re: I am a new user of Blue Voda and need help!

Originally posted by 1coolgranny View Post
                  I have a lot of questions. One is how do I link a button to a page, I have used a fixed menu sucessfully but when I add a button, i can't figure out how to make it connect. I am trying to add a home button that will go back to my index page.

I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this question but I don't know where else to start.

Hi Granny,
                  Don't worry - this threw me for a loop at first also! Once you have the buttons in front of you, you can name them and/or add as many as you like. YOu can also drag and drop them anywhere on the page. Then, to edit, double click the row of buttons - then double click each individual one to edit the info and add a link. You will need to know the address of your homepage and also make sure it is published, then add it under url for that button. You can also "browse" to find where the homepage is stored, then click that to create the link as well.

To see if it worked, preview the page and click the button.

I hope this makes sense and is useful.

Send me a link when you get it going!

Rebecca
                  www. therustonpetshop.com

Comment

Working...
                  X