• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • steeda50
    Private First Class

• Feb 2008

New website need some help.

Hi this is my first website and I would like you to take a look at my site and let me know some changes I should make. I will mention the navigation buttons. I did do a post on here because on the clipped corner of the button was pink. I tried to make it grey in paint but you can see it. I will change them once I find a button I like so besides that what do you think? Thanks for your time. www.rscustomhomesllc.com

Andy
    www.rscustomhomesllc.com
  • angstless
    First Sergeant

• Dec 2007

Re: New website need some help.

Very nice site..a few tips I have picked up being here...make sure all your pages are in the same font...the first page is in a small font...sans serif like arial..your Modular Myths is in serif like times new roman the size of the font on Specifications is a good size and font..try using that all around...

I like your site...I would purchase from you if I was in the market.

Comment

• beegud2
      Major General

• Apr 2006

Very nice site and love the plans you have and loads pretty except for the photo gallery and projects pages. Try resizing your pictures with pix resiszer. BV offers a free one - http://www.vodasupport.com/index.php...nloads&_a=view

Lastly Center your pages. Good job and good luck with everything and welcome to the forum.
      Beezz
      sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

• philipc9635
        Lieutenant Colonel

• Jul 2006

Hello Andy

Great start to your site. I would consider adding a little bit of color to your site as the all grey is a little bit dull. As Beez states the pictures are loading slowly and you really want people to stay on your site for as long as possible.

Hey but keep up the great work.
        Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

• getselfin
          Corporal

• Mar 2008

As those before me, I think overall it is a very nice site. Some color and pic resizing would be great! You're doing great!
          Rebecca H.
          www.therustonpetshop.com

Comment

• PlayItByBeer
            Lieutenant Colonel

• Mar 2007

Hi Andy,

Off to good start. A couple of comments:
            • You have a contact us form, yet you feature the email address at the bottom of each page (be careful of spam bots) consider rather using something like this: Email: R&S Custom Homes Sales Team
            • Centre Align pages
            • Additional keyword rich content: ie. …like new home construction, modular homes, general residential construction, home additions, garage essembly and the building of boundary walls. (just eg's.)
            • Spelling: Manyservices
            Cheers,
            Andrew

sigpic

Port Elizabeth Web Design Solutions
            Latest Release: Eastern Cape Hunting Safaris
            Work In Progress Cape Town Dietician
            BlueVoda Web Design Portfolio

Comment

• sedona
              Major General

• Jun 2007

Hi Andy,

You're off to a good start and your product come across as solid, your business a professional one. Helps a lot to have something worth offering.

Implement advice already given: centering pages, resizing images etc and you'll be most of the way there.

As someone who is in the market (researching options; building, mobile, modular) I appreciate your comprehensive 'myths' page but I would still have questions that I think are best addressed by you in advance.

For instance, you are in Pennsylvania, I'm in Arizona. Is it feasable and advantageous for me to buy from you or should I shop closer to home?

Whenever I look at floorplans I want to know something about comparative pricing as I'm sure most folks do.

I think you need to think out what your guests are going to want to know on their first visit to you site and provide it for them. Of course you may already know this and just haven't gotten that far.

You've done very well so far. Good luck with it.
              Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

• Collectors-info
                General

• Feb 2006

Hi, ditto on the images page photogallery.html. Took 66secs to open at this end. The projects.html was also a bit on the slow side.

Good luck.
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• SAman
                  Major General

• Mar 2007

Andy,
                  Loks like you have already started adjustments. I just have one thing to add, to what has been said. I would replace all the third person, and make it first person to make it a little more personal. This is a big investment, and those that are looking would feel more at ease with a one on one type of personal contact. Other than that and what has been said, you are well on your way. Good Luck!!
                  Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

• steeda50
                    Private First Class

• Feb 2008

Thanks for all the replys. To touch everything I changed the font to match up better. That manyservices happened when changing the font its corrected now. I didnt realize the pics loaded so slow it takes about 5-10 secs tops for me but I have cable. I will resize them and projects it will take a little time to do it all. As far as adding color that was one issue I had when doing it . I wanted to keep it professional looking and not to flashy with all kind of pictures all over the site. I will do some thinking on adding more appeal. Ken with regards to buying a home many states away you would pay an extremly high amount for shipping. Thats the big problem. As far as pricing goes it really varies too much. Also some people dont understand how to compare *****s to *****s they just compare pricing to pricing without realizing whats included. I could add a range but we are talking 5-100,000 difference in price to me its just easier to deal with everyone individually. So I would never post a price it would also show competitors what we are charging making it easier for them to undercut us to come in cheaper. I wasnt sure about the 3rd/1st person speaking. I didnt know if it was better to make it sound like me doing the writing or not I will change it. I did have it 1st person to start with. Thanks for all the help I will keep working on it when I can.
                    www.rscustomhomesllc.com

Comment

• Collectors-info
                      General

• Feb 2006

Hi Andy, your images in the gallery area are at around 25000kb (25meg) most web pages should be below 200 ish kb & at a big push 400kb for a gallery.
                      You are seeing your page load quickly because the images are already in your machines cache & will reload in a few seconds. They will do the same for me when i have loaded the page once. But when my cache is cleared it will go back up to around 50-60 seconds. The only down side is it cant be got this low using the light box.
                      To give you an idea, this page has about 28 images & totals around 200kb.

Good luck.
                      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                      X