Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please tell me what you think

Hello everyone

This is the 3rd website I've built using BV. I am in the process of getting it proof read and I have 2 or 3 pages to do.

please can you let me know

1. If it looks proffesional enough/ layout etc
    2. The pages load quickly enough
    3. If it's easy to navigate
    4. Any comments you may have.

Thankyou in advance

Darren

Re: Please tell me what you think

Hey Darren,
    Loks ver y good! Very easy to nav and clean. You said you were having it proof read that's good, hope it's some one from that side of the pond. I like it, Good Luck!!
    Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Thanks for looking SAman

Comment

I've never been able to use green much before on websites, never found it looked right but I like this, I like it a lot.. I love the greens you have used here, works very well. Love the logo too.

Is it my eyes though or have you used a slightly lighter green at the bottom of the site, they hurt my eyes a bit reading them, maybe a tad darker?

Your page titles need some working on though, you have some great potential to maximise these.

Upon clicking on the office furniture image on your home page I found it NOT apparent where to go next, took me a short while to see the products page link at the bottom, you might want to make this stand out within the first second of hitting the page. Think I saw a couple of other pages like this.

Otherwise a fantastic job mate
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks Ramsey, I am glad you like it.

I must admit the footer index was an after thought and it is a shade lighter. I'll make it darker and see what it looks like and you are also right about on some pages it's not apparent where to go unless you trundle down. I'll address this also.

I thought my page titles were fairly descriptive are you able to pick on one of my pages and give me a tip as to how to name it more effectively?

Many thanks

Darren

Comment

Originally posted by DCOFFICESERVICES View Post
            Thanks Ramsey, I am glad you like it.

I must admit the footer index was an after thought and it is a shade lighter. I'll make it darker and see what it looks like and you are also right about on some pages it's not apparent where to go unless you trundle down. I'll address this also.

I thought my page titles were fairly descriptive are you able to pick on one of my pages and give me a tip as to how to name it more effectively?

Many thanks

Darren
            Just for example:

Your page title is 'office furniture page for kind office products'

As you are limited to the amount of characters, I would lose the 'page for kind office products'

I would have something like

Office Furniture | Desks | Chairs | Filing Cabinets

etc etc...

You could also possibly mention something about the product, for example if it's recycled furniture...

Office Furniture | Desks | Chairs | Filing Cabinets | Recycled Furniture

No offence but the word 'page' doesn't need to be there.. 'Kind Office' doesn't need to be there as it's not a household name, no one will search for it, not yet anyway.. if you were Argos then fair enough....

Just use main keywords in your page titles that give the SE's a clue what you do, plus when pages show up in Google, the page title will tell the viewer what your site is about.
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Oh - I get it - Brilliant - Thanks for your help Ramsey

Darren

Comment

My pleasure Darren

Comment

Keen idea and follow-through!

Good mentions above, and I could add that you could 'trim up' your marquee a bit to better fit your scrolling text: more space along the bottom than necesary.
                  . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                  * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

love it ... it looks great ... you have had some excellent advice already so my only comment is on the marquee ... try only using three ellipses ( ... ) between your words with a space on either side ... it will tighten it up ... nad this is probably just personal ... but try slowing down your marquee as well ... keep up the good work ...
                    kym, merlin & tala
                    creating white majick
                    www.whiteshepherds.com.au
                    www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
                    www.merlinsmajick.com
                    www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Hi, nice looking site, with a good layout. Like the feel & colours. Small thing i couldn't work out. There is a green bar at the bottom of the page with "Kind Office Ltd, Registered in England & Wales No 6480997, Vat No 925 4262 28 - Copyright 2008" written across it. Looks fine in IE, but the usual problem in Fire Fox with the text being off the green area. But what would be nice to know is how you placed this part on the page as the green bar also has rounded ends in FF. This is not happening in the shop area as i realize this is a different bit of software.
                      Strange one, & it would be nice to find a fix.

But! great looking site & can see there has been a lot of hard work gone into it.
                      Good luck.
                      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks for your comments everyone.

Chris from collectors info, I am not sure why the green bar has rounded corners in ff??

In BV, I inserted a rectangular shape. added the text on top then published it. Then using my favorite tool 'Snaggit', while viewing the page, I captured the footer bar (with text included), saved that as a gif and then placed it on shop build platform.

I think I'll use that same image and put them on the BV pages and that will sort out the FF v IE not lining up issue and then also everthing should match.

Regards

Darren

Comment

Strange! might be an idea to use a single table for this part with no boarders & just a green background & pop the text inside the table. Might solve 2 problems.

Good luck.
                          Ah! just had another look & all seems ok now. (Even stranger) lol
                          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                          X