• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drummerdan
    Corporal

• Mar 2007

Check out my website, please

I have a wedding website for my daughter and am having problems. On my computer, it appears fine but on others it is very distorted.

Suggestions?

• Jeremy
    Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Re: Check out my website, please

Is that a video or something you're trying to put in the middle?
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by Jeremy View Post
      Is that a video or something you're trying to put in the middle?
      All I see, Jeremy, is the text, the linking, and the script for the countdown ........ (and the 'shape' in the center, which is undefined).

Is it me, or is the layout all off, all overlapping? using Mozilla's slimbrowser
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Jeremy
        Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

I am using the same browser as well ... can't really tell what's going on.. haha! I noticed there's a countdown feature on there, that code is probably messing the whole site up..
        Best regards,
        Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

• whiteshepherd
          Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

I'm using maxthon and it looks as described by Vasili and Jeremy ...
          kym, merlin & tala
          creating white majick
          www.whiteshepherds.com.au
          www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
          www.merlinsmajick.com
          www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by whiteshepherd View Post
            I'm using maxthon and it looks as described by Vasili and Jeremy ...
            Thanks, Kym....I was not prepared to slink off to bed feeling frail and frazzled again!

PS, Jeremy....not a good idea to post telephone numbers (am not sure about the Rules, either. Gee! That's a first, eh?)
            Let your website be the means of developing contact, as should be...

Comment

• Jeremy
              Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

I don't remember those god damn rules, hehe.. will change! Thanks...

Usually what I have on my other forums I put the same on all.. hehe
              Best regards,
              Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

• sedona
                Major General

• Jun 2007

Hi Drummerdan,

[quote=Jeremy;216839] I noticed there's a countdown feature on there, that code is probably messing the whole site up..[/quote]

Maybe, can't speak to that but as what you're trying to do with the site is quite simple lets see if we can help a little.

First, center your page. Right click on your page in bv > choose properties > tick the "center in page box'. While you're at it, in the same box set the width of the page to 980. Doesn't need to be 1500. Save page as.

Next, your page title (the kid's names) is probably too big for the text box. Maybe Use a smaller text or just stretch the box so there's more than enough space. Start with a space and leave a space of two at the end for it to 'expand' as it sometimes has a wont to do - doesn't like being squeezed in there. Save as. This should keep this text up on top where it belongs.

You might want to grab the text menu box and pull it down a little on the left - there's enough room to do it.

There you go. Should look better already.

If it doesn't look better after these steps and publishing try removing the countdown feature to see if it is the problem although I'm not sure that it would. Jeremy may know better than I.

Some of your links work so you know how to do it. Some are not working but you can play around with it and should be able to fix them on your own.

Whatever you intend for the shape area just needs to be popped in there.

Hope this helps. Will look again in 10 minutes
                Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

• drummerdan
                  Corporal

• Mar 2007

Thanks a lot for the help. I made all the changes Sedona suggested but I don't know if it helped or not. I only made the changes to the home page, so the others are still in the original version.

BTW, the grey box on the home page is for future text, pics, etc. I do not plan on running a video or anything.

Comment

• SAman
                    Major General

• Mar 2007

Your home page is much better. You can take that page and remove the gray block and save it as a template for you other pages that way they will all have the same buttons and header. It also makes it easier to build the other pages. Good Luck!!
                    Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

• drummerdan
                      Corporal

• Mar 2007

Thanks all for your help and suggestions! I'm sure my daughter will be much happier now!!

Comment

• sedona
                        Major General

• Jun 2007

Looks much better, good for you.... (and your daughter)...
                        Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Did you ever consider using one of the really nice templates available free (seen here)?? Especially numbers m_39 through m_56 ........

You can simply lay in your navigation, background, and other elements to get some classy results! Besides, it is a whole lot easier.

If you have a hard time downloading or unzipping, let me know which one you want and I'll email it to you.

Comment

Working...
                          X