Please review my new web site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please review my new web site

Hello all, I have just created my new web site: paintedfinishesdesign.com and I would be very grateful for your opinions! Take care!

Re: Please review my new web site

Very nice work! Reminds me of the buildings in Austria. Acouple of things,
    Your links under the name are alittle close to the name. Maybe give a little space between them, and lines between each link. The click to enlarge in a couple of places is over lapped by the pic. Like the painted walls glazed page. I think you only need to put one click to enlarge on ea. page if at all. You already have the cursor changing. The links in your text are a little big too, just a bit over bearing. Very good start. You have a lot of good there, now you just get to tweak it. I'm sure others will will help. Remember this is just my opinion. It is your site. Oh BTW the Blue Voda link at the bottom, was it suppose to be the button link? It shows up as just a text link. Did you down load the script from the site?
    Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Very nice! When I clicked on "Walls" the only way I could navigate from there was to use the "back" button. I think you should place a better system of navigation to peruse your website more seamlessly. Could you provide a URL so users could simply click to go to your website and offer suggestions from your thread?

The Best Funny Videos on myspace.com and more!

Comment

Thank you very much for the comments, I do appreciate it.
        ______
        Reed
        www.paintedfinishesdesign.com

Comment

you are off to a great start ... i agree with the other comments ... maybe consider putting a menu on all your pages to help your vistors navigate your site...

another thing to consider is giving all your pages a unique name ... instead of index or home ... maybe something like Home of Painted FInishes Design - murals for your home ... this will also help the search engines ...

keep up the good work ...
          kym, merlin & tala
          creating white majick
          www.whiteshepherds.com.au
          www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
          www.merlinsmajick.com
          www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Hi .........!!!!
            your site is very impress, generally your site is very wonderful. But you should take some pictures which put your site able to better than.

Comment

Hi, off to a good start, Couple of things to add to the to do list.
              About us page needs centring or feels off centre..
              Looks like something maybe wrong with the base of your home page. Building a web site using BlueVoda. Is not right.
              Got some text overlapping images when viewed in FF.
              The gallery’s are a little slow on loading on 1st visit due to images not being physically resized with a program.

Good luck.
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Chris, but I do use the PIXresizer on all the pictures. How to optimize better? I am looking for the download of the Bluevoda logo to put on my home page, anyone know where I get it?

Thanks, Reed
                www.paintedfinishesdesign.com

Comment

Hi, on the BV & VH images, you might be best joining the affiliates program. It only takes a few seconds & you will then have access to all there logos & might even make some cash.
                  On the image front. What a lot forget to do is change the settings for the phisical size of the image. The is some more info in my links below.

Good luck.

Good luck.
                  Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by SAman View Post
                    Oh BTW the Blue Voda link at the bottom, was it suppose to be the button link? It shows up as just a text link. Did you down load the script from the site?
                    If this is part of the HTML banner script you got from your Affiliate Panel, you need to place it inside a "HTML Box" in Blue Voda to place on the page properly.

Not only is this non-functional as it is, it is such a detraction from your page design it needs to go until it is resolved.
                    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I agree with the links issue. They are too close together. Try adding an image between the links, something like a line. Also, the comment about resizing the images is dead on. It feels choppy when I click on your gallery images and have to scroll to close the pictures. Run some test and make sure that your images will fit to the window size.

Overall, your site looks good, I had a mural business long ago and found it very hard to manage, so good luck with your adventures!
                      Scott

Turn your Sentimental photos into Canvas Art!
                      www.canvasappeal.com

Comment

Working...
                      X