Load Time Too Long?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Load Time Too Long?

I am concerned that I am losing customers because my load time may be too long. I optimized the photos as best I could. I am hesitant to delete the photos as I think they invite the user to explore further and nothing I can think of could replace the photos. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

p.s. I went to a local library and the load time seemed okay.

The Best Funny Videos on myspace.com and more!

Re: Load Time Too Long?

Your site loads pretty fast for me but I am on a major trunk at work. Your load time is not your only problem though. Some of your pics have been adjusted by the handles and they are ditorted, and pixelated. Did you use a pixresizer or just sqyuash with the handles? Some of your pages are too wide, and not centered. Keep them under 1000 and make sure the pics are not overlapping that demension. Your links open a new browser page every time you hit one. This loads up the tray and will put people off, even when you hit the home button it opens another browser. Time to start tweaking the little things. Looks like you have put a bit of work into it and it's a good start. Others will see some things too. Hang in there, and good Luck!!
    Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Hi, ditto with Mike. You are also over reducing your images & pixilating many of them. This is the same with taking a small image & trying to make it larger.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Site loaded fast for me but I would watch all the colored font. Seems very hard to read through your site. Also, check you images, they look a little blurry to me.
        Scott

Turn your Sentimental photos into Canvas Art!
        www.canvasappeal.com

Comment

Loaded almost instantly for me too. :)
          Emmy
          www.cherrylanememories.com

Comment

To: Mike, Chris, Scott and Emmy!

Thanks you for your time and comments. Scott, you advocate less text color, I had hoped that the added color stood out more but will consider your comment. Chris, how do I resize the pictures? I did just move the handles and adjust the size to fit my site.

Thanks again everyone for your comments.

Comment

Chris, how do I resize the pictures?
              Have a look through the 2 links below (pixresizer & image tips). Good luck.
              Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Chris!

I clicked the link you provided to WinZip and Pix Resizer. Downloaded both, however, the WinZip Utilities "Evaluation" has expired and now it wants "MONEY." When I click on the pix.zip it opens up BV and I don't know where to go after that. Any elucidation you might provide would be helpful. TY

The Best FUnny Videos on myspace.com and more!

Comment

Must admit that i cant see what you have done here? Where did you get the WinZip link? As this is just for sending files over the Internet via downloads & emails, & i cant see a link on this on my threads.
                  What is pix.zip? i havnt seen this. If you mean the pixresizer you just open it the way you would any other zip file & install. (Same as you installed BV) BV comes as a zip.
                  Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks again for your input. I've gone through and made the changes you suggested so the pictures should not look distorted any longer. I centered the images and used "parent" instead of "blank" whenever a form is opened.

Could you please take a look and see if the changes look okay.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                    X