Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old site- NEW DESIGN!- Please, honest opinions!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old site- NEW DESIGN!- Please, honest opinions!!!

Hey everyone!

It's Chef Joe here and I have, once again, made updates to my site thanks to the tons of suggestions from everyone. I also re-designed it in Firefox so the viewing would be more universal. Please take a look at what I have so far and let me know what you all think.

There is not a lot of product info entered yet but you'll get the feel for the site.

Thanks in advance. All criticism is more than welcome.

Re: Old site- NEW DESIGN!- Please, honest opinions!!!

Hi, certainly loading a lot faster. I noticed that you have the same images down to 7-8kb on the front page (Great), but at 28 kb on the inner pages? If you use the same images, this will also help with loading times.
    Its also worth taking advantage of naming your images well for the SE’s as these names are used as part of a search. IE: if I was searching on Google for a Jamie Oliver book, I wouldn’t use 14404523_01 as a search. It will also help the pages to have some text for the SE’s to read so they can identify what’s on the page & send visitors to you. If you have a look at the cookbooks page, there isn’t a thing for the SE,s to find or identify with if someone puts a search into an SE. I know you have more to do, but worth keeping in mind.

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Site looks much better. but on the recipes pages in firefox the line still crosses the menu bar. What I would do is remove those lines. well good luck with it.
      sigpicJoe
      Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
      The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

What line are you referring to on the recipe page? I am viewing it through firefox as well and I cannot see anything. Thanks for your reply.

~Joe

Comment

Thought it was the recipe page its the software page sorry for misiformation
          sigpicJoe
          Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
          The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

This is the FOURTH thread for this same website, and being removed from the context of the progress mentioned in previous threads, it is hard to comment on the relevance of your efforts......

That is why Forum Rules allow only one thread per website!
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Site looks good but I do not really like the background in the header. I think it would looks much better is you just left the background white instead of the gradient. Check your link color for the email address, very hard to see. Try searching google images for a cart / checkout image, the ones you are using look a little basic.

Honest opinion, don't want to offend. the site overall looks good.
              Scott

Turn your Sentimental photos into Canvas Art!
              www.canvasappeal.com

Comment

Working...
              X