• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eribbit69
    Second Lieutenant

• Oct 2005

site check please

Good morning everyone!
    Please take a look at my site. I made some changes and need some feedback.
    Thanks!
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: site check please

Found a typo first thing: More News: My work has been accepted to Thee Amish Market

Another thing....when working with colored backgrounds under text areas, it's best not to colorize the textbox itself, but to leave them transparent and lay them over a colorized "object": if you look carefully, you will see the uneven spacing and "margins" left using the textbox method, which would be easily corrected using an object underneath, as you can re-position text however needed.

And lastly, I think you should try to force a bit stronger layout throughout: things are oddly shaped and jumbled, and do not provide a sense of "flow" or "balance". Maybe when you are playing with the colored objects under your text, you will see the benefits the uniformity of having a "defined page" and use this as the first core element to arrange your visuals with, to provide a greater sense of continuity??
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• SStephenson
      Sergeant First Class

• Feb 2007

Might want to add a transparent box at the bottom of each page so that the page does not stop at your last text / picture.
      Scott

Turn your Sentimental photos into Canvas Art!
      www.canvasappeal.com

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by SStephenson View Post
        Might want to add a transparent box at the bottom of each page so that the page does not stop at your last text / picture.
        Using a transparent box creates an "orphaned object" and will count against your SE rank metrics.

Using an "invisible" single period (a period in a text box colored exactly the same as the underlaying page with transparent background to the textbox), however, will not, and is a preferred method of 'anchoring' the bottom of a page when using Blue Voda to provide a more suitable "bottom page margin" --- if that is an issue at all....
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Emmy26
          Sergeant

• Jan 2008

On my page, pixieweaver******.com covers the word 'comments' as does Guestbook over 'peace to all who pass through here.'

Otherwise I think your site (and products-- I *love* the meadow plant hanger) are beautiful! I especially love the background you've chosen. So pretty!
          Emmy
          www.cherrylanememories.com

Comment

• Sunchaser
            First Lieutenant

• Nov 2007

I love the background, and your work! :)

As Vasili said, a little lining up of objects would be nice - although not rigidly - as I see you've set out to achieve a free-flow natural look.

There's quite a few typos on your pages - but overall, very pretty!

Comment

• eribbit69
              Second Lieutenant

• Oct 2005

Wish there was a spell check here! :) thank you for all of your comments. I will try to make the changes suggested and get back to the forum.
              Some of the ideas will take time for me to figure out like why does the text at the bottom of my front page cover other items and it doesn't on mine. How do I know when it's fixed?

Comment

• eribbit69
                Second Lieutenant

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                Found a typo first thing: More News: My work has been accepted to Thee Amish Market

Another thing....when working with colored backgrounds under text areas, it's best not to colorize the textbox itself, but to leave them transparent and lay them over a colorized "object": if you look carefully, you will see the uneven spacing and "margins" left using the textbox method, which would be easily corrected using an object underneath, as you can re-position text however needed.

And lastly, I think you should try to force a bit stronger layout throughout: things are oddly shaped and jumbled, and do not provide a sense of "flow" or "balance". Maybe when you are playing with the colored objects under your text, you will see the benefits the uniformity of having a "defined page" and use this as the first core element to arrange your visuals with, to provide a greater sense of continuity??

I'm close to understanding what you are saying about orphaned objects. Where I introduce the page needs to be over a color like I did with the "news" areas? I do need more continuity but am having trouble doing this.
                Also, my page shows "accepted". Is the type different on your computer?
                Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X