website testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• website testing

I have a new website up and running and would love some costructive criticism as I am a complete newbie
    Thankyou
    Starlightowls
    www.starlightowl.com
    StarlightOwl

Re: website testing

Hi, off to a good start. The pages have quite a bit of side scroll with being around the 1500 wide. Usually best at 800 to 100 wide to avoid this.

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Starlightowl.

You are of to a great start with lots of great content. There are some pictures that are not loading in particular on the Old Folkes Remedies and the Buddha page. There is some overlapping on your Nav Bar on the Dragons page.

To save some space you could Left Align your Nav Bar and make it narrower so that you could change the page width to between 800 and 1000. Otherwise keep up the hard work.
      Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Hi Starlight,

Lots of hard work evident here. You have done a lot on your own and should be proud. Yours is a unique product and here's wishing you good luck.
        Check your whole site for spelling and punctuation. (available on your home page). There are quite a few instances where you have a period carried over to the next line. This sometimes happens at the end of a text box. Always leave a space or two for the text to 'expand'. It doesn't like being squeezed in there too tightly.
        Infinity-meditation take you to Archangel page, circle fade is not set on Atlantis page, Fire elements link is not working, image under menu on Dragon page is not discernable (wouldn't use them anywhere - they just confuse things).
        Your page is too wide for many viewers. Others have said to build between 800 and 1000 pixels. The safest is 800 (780 to be safe). This width will insure that virtually every viewer will see your site without having to side scroll. Many designers are now using 1000 (970-980). At this size most or at least many will not have to side scroll. Anything above that, the number of folks that will have to side scroll just goes up.

If you take this advise and rebuild for one of these preferred widths make your first page all pretty with your header, menu, etc. where you want it and use it as a template to make all the other pages of your site as right now it jumps a lot from page to page (heighth, width, color, menu placement are all different).

The advice you are getting here today is not to negate the learning and work you have done, only to help get you to the next step. Hope my comments are of some use to you....
        Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Thankyou to all who answered me
          Some very good advice which I will follow
          I will narrow my pages and also the advice about making a template so all headers etc afre the same, spelling, full stops and so on
          Thanks to all
          Many blessings
          Starlilghtowl
          StarlightOwl

Comment

Working...
          X